Having trouble eating enough calories

Options
SoUl_ReBeL2021
SoUl_ReBeL2021 Posts: 120 Member
im suppose to eat 1600 a day but at the end of the day I end up only eating 900-1200 ? Looking for high calorie foods any suggestions?

Replies

• Rogsman
    Rogsman Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Incorporate almonds (or pecans/walnuts) and avocado's into your diet, they pack a powerful punch. Make sure you're paying attention to your protein and fat goals also. Once you start paying attention to macros the challenge will be to stay under calories while getting close to the targets.
  • CKMillson
    CKMillson Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    make sure you are accurately measuring portion sizes. I have noticed that some of the listed portions listed in MFP are smaller than what I am actually eating. Rogsman is right that when you start looking at those macros it will likely help. Good Luck
  • JamesAztec
    JamesAztec Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Its OK to eat. Everyone I've ever known that has complained about having a hard time eating calories seems to disappear. There are plenty of healthy ways to get calories. 1600 really isn't that much. Best of luck.
  • SoUl_ReBeL2021
    Options
    I measure everything I put in my mouth. I always end up eating around 900 calories a day and trust me I've never been a big eater this is why j gained weight metabolism was going into starvation mode. My problem is I really don't care much for eating I am struggling to get to 1200 on a daily basis MFP says I should eat 1600 per day.
  • teresanesselrode2015
    teresanesselrode2015 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem MFP says 1200 calories per day but i barely get that and when i do my exercise knocks it back down. I think that's why I'm not losing weight but I'm not hungry or I'm too busy :\
  • SoUl_ReBeL2021
    Options
    Try eating every 3 hours 6 times a day I grab fruit for inbetween meals. The highest my calories roughly been around is 900 per day so I have to find a way to make the meals i do eat higher in calories...its a struggle hang in there!
  • teresanesselrode2015
    teresanesselrode2015 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of fruit but there are a lot of foods i don't like. I read an article on my pinterest to eat whole wheat pita bread, yogurt and nuts to add healthy calories.
  • Rogsman
    Rogsman Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    This site has a list of foods you should check out. It's under the Nutrition menu "short list of foods". The entire site is worth a read.

http://simplesciencefitness.com/

• SoUl_ReBeL2021
    Options
    Thank you I will check it out!
  • llmg970
    llmg970 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    If you open up your diary we could see what you are eating and we could also make recommendations based off of what you like
  • SoUl_ReBeL2021
    edited March 2015
    Options
    My diary is open now for anyone to view.
  • snorklr
    snorklr Posts: 28
    Options
    Hang in there drama free... Last summer I was where you are now. Like others said I always find nuts to be high in calories, and peanut butter, which I love, and also drinks like fruit juice and smoothies. I make smoothies with nonfat milk and fruit and they always come out to about 200 calories, sometimes it's easier to drink extra calories than eat them. Chia seeds are a healthy fat and a complete protein, they add some calories too.
    Curious how mfp got to 1600 for you. It's got me down to 1000 so this is the first time I've ever been able to get in all my calories.
  • SoUl_ReBeL2021
    Options
    That's a really good idea! I love smoothies. The reason my calories are higher is because I am 5 "10 and maybe I require more? Also could be my current weight I want to lose 95 lbs. I set mine for the lowest calories @ max weight loss of 2 lbs a week.