Afraid!

Options
Lshona
Lshona Posts: 393 Member
I keep losing and gaining the same 5lbs. I'm burning at least 1000 calories a day. EM2WL makes so much sense, but increasing my calories is frightening.

Replies

• agardengrrrl
    agardengrrrl Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting out on EM2WL, been working on increasing my calories for about 3 weeks. I'm sure you are burning more than 1000 calories a day. Everyone says just go slowly...ad an extra 100/day for a week. See how that goes. Then the next week add another 100. Until you get to your TDEE and your body adjusts. Have you read the articles that talk about what to expect? Did you find the Scooby Calculator to help you estimate your TDEE? http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    lshona wrote: »
    I keep losing and gaining the same 5lbs. I'm burning at least 1000 calories a day. EM2WL makes so much sense, but increasing my calories is frightening.

Eating less daily than you burn in total daily by a reasonable amount to gain the most from exercise and body improvement and lose only fat sounds frightening?

How do you think you are burning 1000 calories daily?

I'd wager that is probably just sleeping time and 2 hrs of awake time to burn 1000 calories.

Perhaps you mean in exercise?
  • Lshona
    Options
    Sorry, yes I mean during exercise. Yes, I've read the article, & I've used the Scooby calculator.
  • mymodernbabylon
    mymodernbabylon Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Can you give me your stats? Age, height, weight and what you do regularly to workout? What calories have you been eating and for how long? We can help you figure out the appropriate TDEE and also how to get there in the best manner to heal/feed your body and support your workouts.
  • Lshona
    Options
    Height: 5'4"
    Weight: 215
    I recently bought a FITBIT, and I have been competiting in challenges. I've been walking about 2 hrs 5-6 days a week. Sometimes a little jogging. Burning about 1000 calories with my workouts.
  • mymodernbabylon
    mymodernbabylon Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    I would put you at the strenuous level at the least due to it being walking. That would give you a TDEE of 2920 and a deficit of 2482. If you find you are losing weight too quickly (more than 2 lb a week) then add 200 calories. Every time you lose 5-10lb, go back to Scooby and re-work it as it'll keep changing.
  • agardengrrrl
    agardengrrrl Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I recently switched from long walks to shorter HIIT style walk/jog workouts. 30 seconds of running/jogging and then 1:30 of brisk walking, 8-10 rounds. HIIT style is suppose to give a lot of benefits, but take less time. I get frustrated with taking so much time out of my day for walking, unless it is a nice hike through the woods!
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Keep track of those emails Fitbit sends with your weekly burns - with that exercise being good estimate from Fitbit - that's your TDEE.

You'll have to unlink accounts, but use that Fitbit TDEE to take your 15% deficit from.
  • Lshona
    Options
    THanks everyone!