So much sweat.....

Options
kmca1803
kmca1803 Posts: 77 Member
Since I've re-achieved ketosis (as measured by blood ketone measurements) I've noticed that I am sweating a lot more and seemingly, all the time. I don't recall ever having this before, but whether its just mild exertion like the day to day running around we all do or a dedicated workout, I seem to be losing a lot of ketone-tinged fluid!
Its not due to environmental factors either, as it is starting to cool down here now. Anyone else seem to have the internal thermostat cranked up a bit high? I'm starting to get sick of changing clothes and reapplying deodorant all the time!

Replies

• sweetteadrinker2
    sweetteadrinker2 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Im happy I'm not the only one! I've switched to clinical strength deo, and I wear hardly any clothes, as my mom puts it.
  • zoom2
    zoom2 Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Are you more physically fit? Fit people sweat earlier and heavier than non-fit folks. Fit bodies are better adapted to cool off faster. I find that I'm cold all of the time (doesn't help that I live on the frozen tundra of MI and weight loss simply increases my cold intolerance), but I start sweating buckets within 5 min. of starting a workout.
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Im happy I'm not the only one! I've switched to clinical strength deo, and I wear hardly any clothes, as my mom puts it.

This might sound counterintuitive, but conventional deos may be making the sweating worse, because they try to stop the sweating, and the body increases accordingly.

I'm a big fan of doing a "detox" once in a while, to get the build up of crap out of that area. The end result is usually less sweating and less odor. Then, I prefer to use a home made deo, made with baking soda and arrowroot powder, coconut oil, shea butter, and beeswax.

Here's the detox I do -- http://wellnessmama.com/25432/detox-your-armpits/

I pick up some bentonite clay from Amazon, mix a little into a paste, put it on for a few minutes, then wash off. Easy!
  • albchubbychubs
    albchubbychubs Posts: 13 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I noticed the same today, even though I have been on Keto for only one week, on today's TRX session I was sweating from the beginning of the class and I left a big pool of sweat on my place.
  • nill4me
    nill4me Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Thermogenics? Maybe your metabolism is healing/ramping up. When I eat a decent amount of protein in one sitting, my turbo boosters kick in.
  • kmca1803
    kmca1803 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Some interesting experiences - glad I'm not the only one though! Hopefully this is just some sort of transition and not a permanent thing.......
    zoom2 wrote: »
    Are you more physically fit? Fit people sweat earlier and heavier than non-fit folks. Fit bodies are better adapted to cool off faster. I find that I'm cold all of the time (doesn't help that I live on the frozen tundra of MI and weight loss simply increases my cold intolerance), but I start sweating buckets within 5 min. of starting a workout.

I'm working towards it, but am not there yet. I lift and do HIIT mostly. Previously I've been fitter while being on keto and not had this before, which I why I was wondering what was going on! Its also starting to cool down here in Australia, which makes it a much more comfortable environment to exercise in.

I noticed the same today, even though I have been on Keto for only one week, on today's TRX session I was sweating from the beginning of the class and I left a big pool of sweat on my place.

This is me every day! I've become one of those people you see in the gym walking around with wet t-shirts after exercising :)

nill4me wrote: »
    Thermogenics? Maybe your metabolism is healing/ramping up. When I eat a decent amount of protein in one sitting, my turbo boosters kick in.

I suspect this may be a factor too. I'm much warmer most of the time now, which for me is always a good sign that I'm in ketosis. (As is the terrible, interrupted poor quality sleep I get :( ) When I get cold constantly, it's usually a sign of too few calories going in and my body sort of shutting down.

• sweetteadrinker2
    sweetteadrinker2 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I find that antipersperants make it worse yes, but just deo doesn't seem to hurt.