New to clean eating....Day #1

Options
jbwalker77
jbwalker77 Posts: 7 Member
Hello. I am new to clean eating. Today was my first day of a lifestyle change. It was a little tough. I have done a lot of research, but I could always learn more about cleani eating. I am looking for MFP friends for support and advice. I look forward to a healthier lifestyle.

Replies

• Kxgz
    Kxgz Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I don't eat 100 percent clean, but I do most of the time. Everyone's idea of clean is different. Feel free to add me. I have an open diary and log food and exercise daily : )
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

I'm not a total clean eater, but I strive for 80% clean eating throughout the day, but I'm happy with 60%! LOL I just like the way I feel when I eat clean.

This is a great group for ideas and suggestions. Love coming here to read the posts! :happy:
  • elenaimp
    elenaimp Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm still a beginner in terms of weight loss, but I actually switched to clean eating BEFORE doing weight loss. You're welcome to add me - I'm only just branching out into the social part of MFP. I drink too much alcohol, but avoid most processed foods (make my own bread, only eat whole grains, eat minimal fast food, eat minimal cheese, etc).
  • bound4beauty
    bound4beauty Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I'm about 80% clean to so feel free to add me an look at my diary. My biggest accomplishments were giving up diet Pepsi, frozen dinners and fast food. I do still eat some dairy (organic and not fat free) and protein supplements because I'm trying to build muscle. I don't eat much wheat anymore and instead buy sprouted grain products. I eat a lot more quinoa now and joined an organic buying club which I'm loving. I do the bulk of my shopping at Trader Joe's and spend a lot of time reading labels.

It can be a little overwhelming but you can take it slow and do it in stages.