size 12 to 8, but can't seem to get nice and toned!

Options
michele1924
michele1924 Posts: 4 Member
Hi I'm new to this group and my constant struggle is that I have lost weight, gained a little back but maintained for about a year now. I don't have a lot to lose and I wear a size 8 but my problem is that I'm not sure how to get that nice toned cut on my body arms, shoulders, legs etc. is it heavy weight less reps, what kind of diet? I'm very frustrated. I love biking and spinning so cardio is not an issue. I just want to know what do I do to get that nice cut in body?

Replies

• Busymom916
    Busymom916 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Weight training, alternate your weeks 1st week low weights high reps up to 18-20 should be failing close to 20. Week 2 medium weights rep range to 10-12 close fail, week 3 heavy weights 5-8 reps failing at 8. Checkout bodybuilding.com there's a ton a free programs you can choose from. Good luck!
  • modmom1
    modmom1 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Weight training, low cardio (HIIT instead of steady state cardio) and good nutrition to lower your BF%. And be patient
  • StephLoves2Lift
    StephLoves2Lift Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I agree! Weights, weights, weights! And don't be afraid to eat more carbs. I do a carb cycling approach and it has helped me tremendously :) And yes. Patience. It takes time! It's taken me a couple of years to start to see my muscles :)
  • modmom1
    modmom1 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    ^^^ yes to carbs. Good advice
  • nakima
    nakima Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I do 20 mins low range cardio before my weight training sessions monday,tuesday, thursday and friday. wednsday is 45 min cardio I eat clean with one fun meal a week which is usually sunday. Hope this helps :) everyone is different you just have to start somewhere and get to know your own body. As far as how much to lift pick a weight if by the 3rd set of 10 is easy up your weights if its to heavy either lower your weight or only do say 7 or 8 reps until you reach 10. Have fun with it!