March Challenge Check-In #1 starting 3/10/2015. It's TIME!

Options
ker95texas
ker95texas Posts: 304 Member
edited March 2015 in Social Groups
It's that time already for our first March Challenge Check-In whipping-smiley-emoticon.gif
Starting this Tuesday night for you early birds.
Time to share how you're doing on the goals/commitments you set. Hope everyone is doing GREAT!
p.s. Would be really nice if EVERYONE would include either their real first name or preferred nickname with their post if you're willing. Please? Makes it all a bit friendlier...
-Marilyn or ker

Replies

• grandmothercharlie
    grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Started: 147.5
    CW: 147
    Goal: 145

Other challenges: Meditation: 2x out of 3x.
    Strength training: 0x out of 2x.
    Tai Chi: 1x out of 2x.

Looks like I lost 1/2 pound, but really just back to my ticker weight! Didn't work out at all for about 10 days while fighting that stupid cold/infection. So, I will struggle along. Think I am "evening" out now that my liquid intake has been increased. Filling all those cells up with water. Do feel better though. Less low blood pressure.

I got back to working out Sunday. Felt good. I added the rowing machine. I like it. Did one day at 12 minutes. Another at 15. I'll work up to 30 minutes. I probably won't do all 30 most days unless the stationary bikes are all being used. There are 3 people I have recently noticed who like the same machine I do, but rather than sticking with the 30 minute limit -- they do 60+ minutes. I like to use the same machine as 1. It fits me, some don't go close enough for my short little legs and 2. It helps me track my progress as it is always the same calibration, and 3. the HR monitor seems most accurate. I understand waiting and will do other stuff if the machine is being used, but if people stay on over an hour, it is tough to find enough to do and still get 30 minutes in on the bike! Okay, that's my rant for this week!

I agree with you, Ker. I like knowing everyone's name!

56604121.png
  • Rebamae
    Rebamae Posts: 741 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Happy Day to everyone! B)

232.0 ~~ Starting weight on March 3
    229.2 ~~ Current Weight
    6/7 ~~ I will stay on the Paleo plan 100%
    yes ~~ I will log daily
    no ~~ I will start walking again.
    -2.8 ~~ I will shed -4.5 = 227.5

I did stay 100% Paleo but Saturday night I grazed on way too many nuts. >:)

Our DS had a terrible cold last week, then our DGS, then my DH and starting yesterday - me!! :o

I hope everyone has a terrific Tuesday!!
    Reba
  • mxchana
    mxchana Posts: 666 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    March 10 check-in: Goal is to get 40 or more minutes of exercise daily. This past week I achieved that goal 6 of 7 days. The day I missed I did get in 20 minutes so, we'll just see how I do this week. Today is a new day!! Every day.

I have released another half-pound since last check-in. I have been considering increasing my caloric intake a bit because I am shedding hair worse than my dog (and she's pretty bad). Of course this will slow my weight loss, but I am more concerned with keeping my blood sugar stable and normal so, if it takes me longer to reach the weight goal I have in mind, so be it. I am leaving my goal at 1200 calories per day but, I will try to eat back some more calories depending on how much I exercise each day.

Off I go to exercise o:)

Kathy

Oh and p.s. re your "rant," Charlie - absolutely rude that people keep on one machine for an hour. In our fitness center we have a 30-minute limit if people are waiting, complete with a sign-up list.
  • ker95texas
    Options
    well done y'all! gimme-five-smiley-emoticon.gif
    *No Skinny Cow purchased yet. Did pick up a pint of no sugar added Blue Bell vanilla ice cream & made a yummy dessert yesterday. What's amazing is that I've had the pint (4 servings) for a week & still have 3 servings left!
    *Have surpassed goal of 13,000 steps daily. May up that goal, and make it an 'average'.
    *Have maintained honest logging - and plan on increasing calorie intake a bit to get more inline with FitBit burn numbers on active days.
    *Have lost three pounds last week (it had been a long time since the scale moved) so should be able to meet or exceed goal of 4 pounds this month. Have an event early May & goal weight in mind for that, so need to get a move on!
    -marilyn (ker)
  • sharondtd
    sharondtd Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Marilyn, your incredible walking totals are paying off, as is your willpower. Kathy, we're cheering your success, and Charlie, we're so glad you got off water restriction and are seeing results again.
    I set 300 non-walking exercise (toning) minutes per week, while still walking 10,000 steps each day. Did that.
    Lost 2 pounds as of my Sunday weigh-in day. Down from 147 to 145.
    Sharon
    74221029.png
  • wandakc
    wandakc Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    yay MY PORTION CUPS MUST BE WORKING!!!! I kept up my 30 min exercise, wore my pedometer to work and logged in 2.23 miles. Then came home and took a 20 min power walk. (forgot to keep my pedometer on) :\

I just love all the support we give each other ! It's so refreshing to share this journey with women close in age!! WE CAN DO THIS :D
  • PrairiePride49
    PrairiePride49 Posts: 45 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I struggled a lot this week. My eating was out of control for three days. I finally put it out to the universe asking what to do and I got back an answer very quickly and very clearly. "Pray. Journal. Walk." So I have been doing this for two days and seem much more focused and happier with myself.
    tracking - 5/7
    exercising 3/4
    weight loss .6lb
    So I know where I need to improve and thank you all for support. This is the best group to belong to.
    Bev
  • Wooken3
    Wooken3 Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Report out for last week...

animated-eating-smiley-image-0023.gifI will log everything eaten every day!!!
    ==>Met goal

t31135.gifI will bike instead of drive
    ==>Biked 5 out of last 7 days

animated-computer-smiley-image-0031.gifI will "step back from the computer" and spend more time just moving!!
    ==>Reduced computer time but still spending way too much time surfin' the web

~w3
  • SANGSTER63
    SANGSTER63 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Well last week was not to bad. I did get out to do my walk. Log most days When from 1600 cal back to 1350 cal. It works better for me. I stay the same. Just have to do better next week. LINDA
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    March is going well for me.

I wanted to cut down on screen facing time by walking an average of 12K daily and attending at least 3 rec center classes per week.

I have done both. I have already done 3 rec classes since Monday AM, I am taking a break from classes today to go on a long walk, should hit the 12K steps easily today with just that walk. I have been over 12K each day since the challenge started. In addition I spent some formerly screen watching time, rearranging the bedroom furniture. I have also been listening to music and dancing a bit more this week as well.

While I didn't include weight loss I am down since last Tuesday's start .6 lb, and I am setup to drop .5 per week on MFP, so doing ok in that department as well. Between the fitbit and the weather turning warm, I am on a roll. B)

Hope all my MFPals are doing great today, make the right choices today.

Joell/retirehappy
  • ker95texas
    Options
    We have ALL had some success so far this month, so... WELL DONE. Pat on the back time, yuppers.

And i want to say 'thank you' to everyone for signing with their name or preferred nickname. Really appreciate it :heart:

All late reporters are also welcome!!!
    -ker
  • gramanana
    gramanana Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I'm not doing too well on my exercises, but I will get there!
  • redzz16
    redzz16 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm Jo
    It's been a roller coaster this week..... going through initial paperwork to sell my house, looking for a new place....testing at school...too many things up in the air. I like having a plan, and I don't do well when there is none. I'm working on staying strong and not letting it all get to me. One day at a time!
  • mamie67
    mamie67 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Danielle. I struggle lately with my diet. I weight 213 pounds and I would like to get to 165 pounds. It is a long way to go and I wonder if it is possible. I need your help. I am going to go low carb. thank you
  • mxchana
    mxchana Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Danielle - you can definitely do this! This is a great group for support on your journey. ~ Kathy
  • mangotango
    mangotango Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Nice to see such good reports! I've been working on increasing exercise and my knee seems to be cooperating...hooray! Had a knee replacement couple years ago and do tend to have swelling issues.

Have switched up my food and tried a few new veggies & recipes for variety. I need to do more of this as I was pretty bored with the same old stuff everyday.

I am pretty thorough on tracking - one attaboy (girl) for me! Need to track water though. Got a scale for food so I could be accurate on portions, especially meats. I feel that weight loss is slow for me - appreciate any input on that.

I am down 9 lbs since Jan. 13th. Somehow header by my name seems to count loss from weight I was 5 yes ago when I was on here.

Wonderfully mild spring weather here - hope you are enjoying some too!
    Marie
  • grandmothercharlie
    grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Danielle,

Of course it is possible. A lot of people here have lost 48 pounds and more! It won't happen overnight and it takes work. We have a lot of people who have not only lost it, but are keeping it off.

Welcome and good luck!
    Charlie
  • retirehappy
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Danielle, just set your goals, then track what you are eating and your exercise, walking etc. doesn't have to be superstar workouts :).

You can't fix something if you don't understand what is wrong with it. That is why you log it all, the good, the bad, and the ugly. You didn't gain your weight in a couple of weeks, it won't all go away in a couple of weeks.

Keep it simple, eat less, move more, and log it all, stand in your Truth. Come here for motivation and support. Just keep repeating. It will happen for you.
  • retirehappy
    Options
    redzz16 wrote: »
    I'm Jo
    It's been a roller coaster this week..... going through initial paperwork to sell my house, looking for a new place....testing at school...too many things up in the air. I like having a plan, and I don't do well when there is none. I'm working on staying strong and not letting it all get to me. One day at a time!

Take care of yourself. Hope all goes smoothly with the house sell and locating a new one.
  • ashkinb
    ashkinb Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi - I'm Beth - just joined but I like the challenge idea!
    Goals:
    - Keep losing 2 lbs/week
    - Add Zumba Monday nights
    - Walk outside for an hour at least once/week
    - Make it to 10,000 steps/day at least once by March 31st

I started at 222.3 on January 24th, was at 212.5 on Feb 28th, and was at 209.4 on Tuesday March 10th.