March Goals

Options
RENAEJAE
RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
So we're well into March and the clocks have sprung ahead! How is everybody doing? Do I need to send each of you a little poke or what!? I was hoping to see a little more activity in this group. You must all be outside exercising?!! What are your goals for March?

My goals:
Lose 10lbs (3 down - 7 to go!)
Treadmill or zumba class 5x/wk
Drink my water
Replace 1 meal/day with a Protein Shake
Reduce sodium
Measure my portions on my new food scale

Replies

• betsysjl
    betsysjl Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    My goals:
    Lose 5 lbs (I've been stuck for the last few weeks), so my goal is low is this month.
    Try to eat 1 hour after I wake up & at least 2 hours before I go to bed.
    Cardio 3x/week
    Strength: 15 min a day at work
    Stick to plan: the last few weeks I have been easily tempted to eat sweets and salty things.
  • betsysjl
    Options
    I would also love to see more activity with this group. :)
  • RENAEJAE
    Options
    I like the strength training goal - I need to improve on that.

As far as the group - I'd like to see about 8-10 other people that will post daily (just short notes about how they're doing / ideas / motivation etc). All under one discussion - so we could really get to know each other. I'm in a couple of other threads but they are huge and people write 6-8 paragraphs each so there is no way I could keep up or really get to know anyone. A few years ago I was in a small active group and lost 80 lbs! It was so much fun - and very motivating!!
  • abbyjane81
    abbyjane81 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I agree with you guys and I'm totally guilty of disappearing!
    Life's taken over lately and my infant has wore me out the past couple of weeks.
    Everyone's starting to get over their colds and other ailments and hopefully I can get back to rights soon!
    Bought fresh groceries and ready to roll!
    Hopefully the 5 pounds I gained flushes away fast!!

My goals are to get to the gym 3 days a week
    Drink water!
    And lose 10 pounds!
  • xxoneluckygirlxx
    xxoneluckygirlxx Posts: 52 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    i've decided not to focus on weight loss but trying out strong lifts and hopefully the weight will come off as an added advantage:)) I've also decided not to put my calories lost on MFP from cardio as a deterrent from eating the calories back. I hope to stick to it this month and see how it goes.

Todays work out went well :)
    Cardio (Arc trainer) for only 15 minutes but burned 303 calories.

Leg Press 3x12x200 lbs

Lat pull 3x8x80 lbs

seated hamstring curl 2x12x100 lbs <--- i realized I need better form, so i will decrease weight next time.

seated calf extension 3x12x190 lbs
  • mainebeachbum
    mainebeachbum Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I hadn't really thought about this much, other than the goal to lose 10# in March. (I was so close in February but didn't quite make it.) I would like to exercise at least 4 days each week, including cardio and strength. I thought March would be easier to fit it in, but so far it's been worse (or I have been lazier.)

Sticking to the calorie goal pretty well right now. I'm kind of in a rut, eating the same stuff all the time, but it is working as I am losing every week. I just was on Facebook and found some new recipes that Cooking Light and MFP posted so I saved them to try...next week. Big skiing weekend this weekend so we will be gone Thursday to Sunday. I'm a bit worried about staying within calories...I know I will burn a lot skiing, but I'd like to have beer and we will be eating out at least one meal each day. All I can do is be mindful, and log everything.
  • RENAEJAE
    Options
    @abbyjane81 - caring for an infant is a workout! Glad to see you are taking time for yourself. So smart. Wish I'd done that.

@luckygirl - Nice work out regime. I never eat back my calories. I just try to keep it under 1200 / day. You're doing great!

@‌mainebeachbum - traveling is so hard. Maybe you could replace breakfast with a protein shake to allow for a little higher calorie lunch or dinner? Skiing also burns a lot of calories so you will probably be just fine. It sounds like fun. Are you going to a Maine mountain?

I've been pushing myself to have a protein shake for breakfast this week and it's been just fine. I really like the Body Fortress Whey powder that Walmart sells. I add fresh berries and sometimes an 80cal greek yogurt. They really keep me full until lunch so I'm not having a mid morning snack which saves me 100 - 150 calories.

• betsysjl
    Options
    Maybe we could get everyone involved by doing a weekly post. Something quick like

Weight:
    Food Diary (Calories):
    Workout:
    How you're feeling:
  • mainebeachbum
    Options
    @renaejae - we are heading up to Saddleback, working half day tomorrow then packing up and taking off!

@betsysjl - that sounds like a good idea, maybe we could add something like total lost, too.

I will probably catch up with you all on Sunday night or Monday! Cell service is sketchy at best where we are heading.
  • RENAEJAE
    Options
    @mainebeachbum - I love Saddleback - enjoy it. You will definitely have plenty of snow!!

@betsysjl - Sounds great - if you create the post - they will come :)
  • RENAEJAE
    Options
    Thought it was a good time to review my March goals.

My goals:
    Lose 10lbs (6 down - 4 to go!)
    Treadmill or zumba class 5x/wk - walking at least 4-5x so far
    Drink my water - need to step this up !!
    Replace 1 meal/day with a Protein Shake - YES!!!
    Reduce sodium - needs work
    Measure my portions on my new food scale - sometimes

Happy Spring!!
  • betsysjl
    Options
    A little more than a week to go for the month.
    Lose 5 lbs. (Down 6 - so I made one goal!
    Try to eat 1 hour after I wake up & at least 2 hours before I go to bed. This is still a struggle
    Cardio 3x/week Did not happen the last two weeks.
    Strength: 15 min a day at work I did one day this week, and none last week.
    Stick to plan: the last few weeks I have been easily tempted to eat sweets and salty things. Arrgghh! Saturdays have been killer this month. I do well all the other times.
  • xxoneluckygirlxx
    xxoneluckygirlxx Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    alrrright way to go ladies on meeting your goals. :))
  • RENAEJAE
    Options
    Congrats Betsy!! Great loss! Let's keep it going!!!

My goals:
    Lose 10lbs (8 down - 2 to go!)
    Treadmill or zumba class 5x/wk - walking at least 4-5x so far
    Drink my water - 64oz a day this week!
    Replace 1 meal/day with a Protein Shake - Taking a break from this (lightheaded and need to rethink)
    Reduce sodium - needs work
    Measure my portions on my new food scale - focus on dinner!!

• betsysjl
    Options
    RaNae - Congrats on the weight loss to you too!
    Also on getting your water goals in!

• mainebeachbum
    Options
    Great job, Betsy and Renae!

I am about 1/2 way to my 10# weight loss goal, don't know if I'll make it. Still am not getting my 4 days of exercise in! Averaging 2 days. But I am still losing!
  • RENAEJAE
    Options
    Way to go Mainebeachbum! Every little bit helps. I've had a good week. I'm hoping the weekend will be successful so I can remain 2lbs down on Monday. I hate seeing a 2lb loss on Friday and only 1 on Monday. Weekends are a killer. Good luck everyone!
  • betsysjl
    Options
    I agree, weekends are killer. My March goals aren't looking that great as we finish up the month.
  • RENAEJAE
    Options
    March goal update
    Lose 10lbs - DONE!
    Treadmill or zumba class 5x/wk - only did the treadmill and outside walks
    Drink my water - not as good as I'd like
    Replace 1 meal/day with a Protein Shake - yes - 5 out of 7 days each week.
    Reduce sodium - could do better
    Measure my portions on my new food scale - still needs improvement

I will post an APRIL goal discussion so start thinking about it.
  • mainebeachbum
    Options
    My goal was 10 pounds lost in March, and I got 8.4 lost. Not too shabby!