Crossfit Open 2015: 15.3

Options
2»

Replies

• alysa521
    alysa521 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Well a lot of failed muscle ups later I still cannot figure out the transition. I had two really really close attempts just cannot get both hands turned over in the transition, need to keep the rings closer! It has definitely motivated me to get one though I've given myself a deadline of April 1st because I am plenty strong enough just need to turnover faster and get that head through!

I did the scaled version just so I would have a score and finished with 908 reps, I kept tripping on a single unders because I never do them! Sad!

Please let there be box jumps and a barbell this week!
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    bethlivi wrote: »
    We have some guys in our gym who got upwards of 440 reps Rx...and a woman who got over 300. CRAZY PEOPLE! I thought I'd die just watching them! I practiced MU for about 20 minutes earlier on Friday but decided I'm another Pendlay row progression away from getting them...have the technique, don't have the strength yet. :-) 15.3, scaled: 756 reps (I really really need to work on my engine!!!!)

That's an excellent number. I managed 502. Could not get more than 15 singles strung together in round one then one round two bang out 54 to start and my legs were toast. Took the rest in chunks of 15-20.

I'm definitely going to try this again when I'm a bit thinner and my cardio engine is in better shape. Another fun workout though, I really enjoyed it.

• bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Inkratlet wrote: »
    My entire legs from the hip down were burning after. Oh and my lungs. I still have the cough. Didn't do as well as I'd hoped but I already know this kind of engine tester is going to be showing up my weaknesses

All quads for me. I really didn't have any problems with the wall balls. Did 15-15-10-10 first round then did 5s for the first half of round 2 and my coach said, give me 7 next so we did 7-7-6

In that second round of singles my timing was (finally) perfect, I just couldn't do more than 20 at a time. My quads just would say "enough" and I'd have to stop for a few seconds.
  • Aviation21
    Aviation21 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    547 Reps Scaled - I felt it wasn't my best effort however my lungs were burning! I have a goal of doing MU this year, I am so closes yet I think I need to lose 10 lbs to do them well.
  • StephaniePaige1020
    StephaniePaige1020 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    15.3 was one of my favorites (scaled, anyway). I did 750 reps. We'll see how 15.4 goes considering I just did a 30-20-10 last night with 75# C&J and my shoulders are crying today.