just feeling....?

Options
benagek
benagek Posts: 46 Member
I have not been logging on here very often for a couple week because I've just been feeling....blah? I'm still loosing weight, but I'm not logging, and unmotivated to do that. I'm still exercising, but I know I'm not pushing myself like I could be.

What do you use to help get your mind back on track when you are feeling this way?

I want to make sure I don't slip back into old habit, but I'm just feeling like....I'm tired.

Replies

• hochhalc
    hochhalc Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You are on a slippery slope my friend. :)
    I have been under a high amount of stress due to a family issue so it would be very easy for me to stop working my weight loss. And I have skipped some work outs ( I blamed it on the weather). But I am pushing myself to continue logging and hitting my protien, etc. It has helped me lately to look at my before pics and remind myself how far I have come.
  • tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    I joined a challenge group and signed up for a couple 5K's this spring and summer. It has helped me tons. I was catching myself slipping and knew I needed to be apart of something's that was going to force me to be accountable. I do t want to be the reason my group loses so that pushes me. Plus seeing that I am going harder and farther then when I first started is helping me a lot too. I couldn't even run 2 solid minutes on the treadmill 5 weeks ago, and today I ran 25 min without stoping and got 2.5 miles in 36min. A personal best. I may not be the fastest but I am getting better. Just remember why you started this journey. You have a ton of support here! Feel free to friend me if you want!
  • readallday
    readallday Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I have found that its harder for me to remain focused now that I have had some success. I bought a summer dress 2 sizes smaller than my clothes now and I have it hanging on my bedroom door to help push me when I am feeling the munchies or the lazies. I 2nd tat2, try and remember how you felt when you started this. Get out that picture that makes you cringe and hang it on your fridge to remind yourself that you can do this and that its worth it!
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    I got like that over the holiday and regained 10 pounds. You are still losing and that's great, but it's not always going to be this easy. I can tell you from experience, the farther out from surgery you get, the harder it is to lose. How to get motivated again? There are some good ideas here. Decision time my friend. You have an awesome tool. Don't stop using it.
  • TryingTeresa
    TryingTeresa Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Oh, Benagek I was sleeved almost 2 years ago and have had great success, but I have felt like you MANY, MANY times. My best advice is during these times do not sabatoge yourself. As long as you are still losing, no matter how slow - even maintaining, you are still headed in the right direction.

During times like these, just always keep in mind that you are in a funk (acknowledge it) & look for ways to get out of it. Sometimes I've been tired because of circumstances in my life, and knowing when that ends I'll do better - so sometimes it just been a matter of hanging on to a specific date. But others times, it was just me, just being tired like you said. But getting back on track doesn't have to be complicated. For me it's been something as small as a new haircut that has motivated me, maybe a new exercise class, a pedometer (WHICH I LOVE!!). Honestly I could have written this exact post last week & then I decided my way out was getting back on MFP logging my food & reaching out to others. I've been back on track for a whopping 4 days and I feel WONDERFUL!!

Just keep reaching out. Friend me if you like & I'll support you however I can. I hope you find the energy & inspiration to just keep working your new lifestyle. It is so worth it!
  • JreedyJanelle
    JreedyJanelle Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Find an exercise you love! Exercise is a great way to help you get over the blahs! I know it is tough to start but once you do those endorphins kick in and soon those blahs go away!