Hubby cooked.... :-/

Replies

• GrannyMayOz
    GrannyMayOz Posts: 1,051 Member
    Mami1976D wrote: »
    I think I downloaded that one last week. I haven't had a chance to check it out yet though.
    I've only glanced at mine too.

I used to have a crock pot and we loved the tender meat it produced. Having been married for 40 years (and 2 months lol) it has long since died. Looks like it could be time to buy a new one after reading this drool invoking thread <3
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,103 Member
    I don't know if you can 'buy' this keto book on Amazon.com but it's free on Amazon.com.au amazon.com.au/Ketogenic-Diet-Amazingly-Delicious-Recipes-ebook/dp/B00M0DV1K8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1426084789&sr=8-1&keywords=keto+recipe+book right now.

Amazon regularly do free books on lots of different topics. Download only to an e-reader or smart phone. Awesome!

http://www.amazon.com/Ketogenic-Diet-Amazingly-Delicious-Recipes-ebook/dp/B00M0DV1K8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&amp;qid=1426088981&amp;sr=8-1&amp;keywords=Ketogenic+Diet:+Amazingly+Delicious+Ketogenic+Diet+Recipes+For+Weight+Loss+(Keto+Diet+Recipes,+Ketogenic+Diet+Recipes+Book+1)

For anyone not AU/NZ, this is the US link. Dunno if it'll work in the UK. Might just log in to your local amazon on and search on the title. It's free in the US, too...
  • DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    I actually downloaded all these to my Kindle for free but have yet to read a single one of them:

Low Carb: Diet Demystified - How To Successfully Follow A..
    Darrin Wiggins
    Bulletproof Diet Cookbook 2: 25 Extra Quick and Easy..
    Chris Kane
    Delicious Ketogenic Crockpot Recipes: 37 Slow Cooker Keto..
    Thelma Booker
    Low Carb Breakfast: 50 Exquisite Recipes For Weight Loss!
    Venketesh P.
    Practical Paleo: Paleo Recipes for Big Flavor and Skinny..
    J.S. West
    Low Carb Slow Cooker: 50 WICKEDLY Delicious Crock-Pot..
    Venketesh P.
    Low Carb: Easy Recipes for Better Living (Low Carb Cookbook,..
    Janine Cook
    Low Carb Slow Cooker: 50 Healthy Low Carb Recipes for Weight..
    Kate philips
    Low Carb Diet Cookbook: 50 Low Carb Recipes For Living And..
    Charity Wilson
    Ketogenic Diet: Amazingly Delicious Ketogenic Diet Recipes..
    Sara Banks
  • shadesofidaho
    shadesofidaho Posts: 485 Member
    Great got it and Thanks!!
  • stillonamission
    stillonamission Posts: 140 Member
    @KnittorMiss -- Thank you :) I do most of the cooking as well, and my family is usually happy with what I cook. My hubs love all the meat, and cauliflower. My daughter is 6 and can be tricky!

If you guys are on Facebook Follow DJ Foodie - Awesome recipes plus they announce when the books are free! I as well am good at downloading, not so good at reading.
  • DianaElena76
    So apparently I'm just an e-book collector..... I bought an actual book yesterday, but mostly because I want my husband to read it too (it's a parenting book). Otherwise I would've gone for the less expensive electronic edition.
  • Lillahe
    Lillahe Posts: 37 Member
    I made a simple egg flower soup with the left over carcass of a baked chicken the other night that I really enjoyed. Except hubby ate most of the egg that I had tediously dribbled into it with a fork so that I got mostly soup. But with the asian spices it was still very tasty!
  • shadesofidaho
    Yah Since I bought my Kindle I have gained tremendous strength. I can now carry 1200+ books in one hand. ;) My poor cloud is getting pretty heavy. And since I found you can also add the Kindle app to your computer and NOOK I read even more.
  • KnitOrMiss
    @KnittorMiss -- Thank you :) I do most of the cooking as well, and my family is usually happy with what I cook. My hubs love all the meat, and cauliflower. My daughter is 6 and can be tricky!

If you guys are on Facebook Follow DJ Foodie - Awesome recipes plus they announce when the books are free! I as well am good at downloading, not so good at reading.

A lot of DJ Foodie's recipes are featured on "Low Carbing Among Friends" on Facebook. They post a bunch of recipes, links, and Pins...
  • GrannyMayOz
    Yah Since I bought my Kindle I have gained tremendous strength. I can now carry 1200+ books in one hand. ;) My poor cloud is getting pretty heavy. And since I found you can also add the Kindle app to your computer and NOOK I read even more.

Thank goodness I didn't have a mouthful of drink - the computer would have worn it ROFL

• Etherlily1
    Etherlily1 Posts: 974 Member
    You can also add the Kindle app to your Iphone and Droid. :)
  • spush
    spush Posts: 132 Member
    My hubby is the same with lc cooking. He thinks he knows the theory that I use but really he doesn't. Take last night, I usually buy Asda sausages, less than 2 carbs per 100g, he surprised me with sausages sauted peppers and mushrooms for dinner last night. Only problem was they were the wrong sausages. Almost 2 carbs per sausage and I had 6. He regularly uses flour to thicken sauce and adds milk to things I make with cream so they are 'healthier'
    Agh! Just need him to read labels and listen...

• GrannyMayOz
    edited March 2015
    My husband cooks our main meal (brunch) each day and will stand in the kitchen, loudly announcing "And what *can't* we have today?" He's pretty mystified by some of the LCHF 'rules' - like onion being high sugar/carb - but he does try his best.

Fortunately I have my second meal at home alone so I can usually work around what macros are left to me for the day ha ha!
  • totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »

@totaloblivia My guy gets like this too, but just complains about the meals, as I cook and he generally doesn't. LOL He'll suggest something, and I"ll say that's fine, but I can 't eat XYZ. It started becoming a knock down thing, so I just say, okay, sounds good, and modify mine or leave something off my plate. If his tummy is happy when he starts eating, he rarely notices what's on my plate (or not) unless there is a giveaway smell. He's fallen in love with my fat bombs, too. I always portion up my own servings, so I can try to lessen the carbage and up the other stuff.

it helps that he can't eat sour cream unless it's been cooked and I can add quite a bit to my food to up the fat value and all that. Don't be annoyed at yourself....and you don't have to accept being annoyed at him either. You are changing for the better, and change almost always has growing pains. Try to remember this and be kind to him and to yourself... Adjustments on both sides will come.

When my guy puts his hands on my hips and "feels" the differences, he starts getting way more supportive, at least in the short term. As long as I don't deprive him of his wants, we're getting to happy medium. :)[/quote]

Your words of wisdom are most encouraging thanks. I also use sour cream quite a lot to boost the fat ratio. Tonight I am making jerk chicken. He is having his with peas and rice and I am having mine with cauliflower rice and coconut cream. I actually think the keto version is nicer!

I should be nicer about hubby - he did "do keto" with me for the first two weeks before getting bored and he is supportive. He does freak out now about how few vegetables I eat - I used to eat three or four portions a day but am now down to one or two. I am sure he is supportive of my attempt to lose weight, but he has "seen it all before" so I think he's sceptical. He's also sceptical about the health benefits, but he hasn't read all the keto books I have so I will just live with that.

• totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    spush wrote: »
    My hubby is the same with lc cooking. He thinks he knows the theory that I use but really he doesn't. Take last night, I usually buy Asda sausages, less than 2 carbs per 100g, he surprised me with sausages sauted peppers and mushrooms for dinner last night. Only problem was they were the wrong sausages. Almost 2 carbs per sausage and I had 6. He regularly uses flour to thicken sauce and adds milk to things I make with cream so they are 'healthier'
    Agh! Just need him to read labels and listen...

That's the problem right there: he thinks he knows - mine is the exact same. I think he gets the low carb but has not got high fat (or maybe doesn't approve of it). Still it could be worse! He tells me to pick out the onions (or whatever) though and that can be pretty tricky.

• DianaElena76
    Yup, last night when I melted butter over my asparagus, hubby said, "Butter's not good for you either, with all that fat!" As he ate mashed potatoes (made from flakes) and macaroni and cheese (made from a box). At least the pork loin I made was acceptable to both of us.... :smile:
  • shadesofidaho
    edited March 2015
    In 30 years I can honestly say my hubby has never cooked a meal. If I was too sick with a cold or flue he would go to a restaurant to eat. He can do a peanut butter sandwich, a pot pie if one is in the freezer and a can of soup. A meal Never. You gals will get them trained how to do the meals you can eat. HA Best I can do is some times get him to tell me what he would like me to fix.

He will do dishes and put them away. Some times.
  • DianaElena76
    @shadesofidaho, my first husband was that way--much more traditional in terms of gender expectations. He would tell me what he DIDN'T want to eat, and that's about it. Everything else indoors was up to me. I'm a bit of a feminist and did not appreciate that one little bit. I wanted to go out and build fences and herd cattle and let him stay inside to do the cooking and cleaning once in a while! :wink:
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »

@totaloblivia My guy gets like this too, but just complains about the meals, as I cook and he generally doesn't. LOL He'll suggest something, and I"ll say that's fine, but I can 't eat XYZ. It started becoming a knock down thing, so I just say, okay, sounds good, and modify mine or leave something off my plate. If his tummy is happy when he starts eating, he rarely notices what's on my plate (or not) unless there is a giveaway smell. He's fallen in love with my fat bombs, too. I always portion up my own servings, so I can try to lessen the carbage and up the other stuff.

it helps that he can't eat sour cream unless it's been cooked and I can add quite a bit to my food to up the fat value and all that. Don't be annoyed at yourself....and you don't have to accept being annoyed at him either. You are changing for the better, and change almost always has growing pains. Try to remember this and be kind to him and to yourself... Adjustments on both sides will come.

When my guy puts his hands on my hips and "feels" the differences, he starts getting way more supportive, at least in the short term. As long as I don't deprive him of his wants, we're getting to happy medium. :)

Your words of wisdom are most encouraging thanks. I also use sour cream quite a lot to boost the fat ratio. Tonight I am making jerk chicken. He is having his with peas and rice and I am having mine with cauliflower rice and coconut cream. I actually think the keto version is nicer!

I should be nicer about hubby - he did "do keto" with me for the first two weeks before getting bored and he is supportive. He does freak out now about how few vegetables I eat - I used to eat three or four portions a day but am now down to one or two. I am sure he is supportive of my attempt to lose weight, but he has "seen it all before" so I think he's sceptical. He's also sceptical about the health benefits, but he hasn't read all the keto books I have so I will just live with that.

[/quote]

@totaloblivia‌ Do you have a link to Keto Jerk Chicken? I've actually been searching for one!
  • shadesofidaho
    edited March 2015
    @Mami when I have been out building fence all day he usually takes me out to dinner. Even though we are 10 miles to a cafe we will go into. He married me because I could cook. Nothing to do with the gender thing. I can not do mechanical work and do not like grease on my hands so I feel we are even. LOL