SAD

Deegoochie
Deegoochie Posts: 1 Member
I am an emotional eater and eat when stressed. Every winter I pack on the pounds be cause I am depressed. This past year I turned 60, in August and said I'm tired of eating healthy and exercising ( life long struggle) I packed on the weight and am now regretting it!! Heavier than ever in my life at 206 lbs. Now I'm panicking and wan this weight gone, yesterday!!! I have no support at home. So I joined this forum. I need to slow down, and own up to my screw up. I'm mature but not old , healthy on no medications and fat and all look pretty good. Trying to stay motivated by positive self talk!! and a want to attitude. Looking to lose 20 lbs by this August

Replies

• scrapbookingtm
    scrapbookingtm Posts: 1,916 Member
    Good luck on your goal. I am sorry for your situation. I spent years being depressed. Quite the recipe for gaining weight because you just don't care. My diet and exercise helps to keep mine at bay and I'm doing pretty good right now. Stay positive and if you're not exercising, try adding some, even if it is only walking at first. Have a wonderful day.
  • dlockhart1955
    dlockhart1955 Posts: 56 Member
    I totally understand. I was doing good until last September and stress hit me and then the holidays. My husband is underweight - so that is no help at all.
    I will turn 60 in December.