I have been doing it wrong

Options
jimboodee2
jimboodee2 Posts: 26 Member
Hi there

Two weeks ago I entered my details to scooby calculator and I must have misread it as I entered 1519 calories into my settings. I double checked just there as I was reading a post with people at the same height being on much higher calories than me. I thought that my 1519 was alot because I could not remember the last time I ate that much... so so I now have a further 200 to use.. the thought is daunting - my PT has said not to count calories just eat right , portion sizes etc but i need a guide but 1727 is a scary thought ...annoyed with my self that I had put in the wrong figure. I have a fair bit to lose. I do 3 weight sessions a week at the gym. Although I want to increase with some classes in-between. I have looked at the progress stories and all are so amazing just need to change my frame of mind.

So in my 2 weeks I have not lost a thing although I do see the inches coming away but thats with the weights.

All I have to say to myself is DOH

Replies

• Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    No it's not scary to eat enough. What is scary is what happens after prolonged under-eating. Even though I was eating VERY healthy foods for my first year and a half here I was under-eating (at 1600 calories). The result was more metabolic damage (I'm diabetic), slowed metabolism, and muscle loss (ie I weighed less on the scale but had more fat). I have spent all of 2014 struggling and trying to recover. I gained 25 pounds while doing so (yeah, maybe I didn't do that right, but I had a lot of damage to repair!) and here I am on the right path again, but eating an amount more appropriate to my needs. I don't care one bit how long the fat loss takes because the way I eat now is sustainable and allow ideal health.

The inches are fat loss -exactly what you want. Get rid of the body weight scale if it's going to discourage you.
  • jimboodee2
    jimboodee2 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Great thanks well done for being back on track ... Just getting used to it I know I will and will be. the scales are now ditched.