What are your goals?

Options
SarahZap
SarahZap Posts: 5 Member
My goals are geared towards performance. Of course I want to look good and everyone wants abs but I'm not willing to let my want of abs get in the way of getting better to meet my performance goals. I know the abs and muscles will come along as I start to gain strength, and the only way that is gonna happen is if I stay on top of my nutrition.

Replies

• tylyshab
    tylyshab Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Much like you Sarah, my goals are geared toward performance. I used to be all about losing weight and being skinny, but those days are gone. I am far more concerned with being strong than I am with the number on the scale. I do still weigh myself, and I do still want to lose weight / fat, but my performance in the box is more important to me! I figure if I put in the work, and be mindful of what I eat (most times - about 80/20), then the rest will take care of itself!
  • LibraSongstress
    LibraSongstress Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    The number 145 has a lot of meaning to me. While my primary focus is to gain the strength and endurance to be effective in the Muay Thai ring, my ultimate goal is to be able to easily cut to 145 for fights, so my weight needs to be between 150 and 160. The female Nak Muay that I look up to the most as inspiring and driven fight at 145. I started my weight loss journey at 308, lost 100 lbs through my own research, gained a few lbs back. Now I have a legitimate purpose for my weight loss that extends beyond aesthetics. There aren't a lot of women in the Muay Thai community who seek to fight, and there are even fewer classified as heavy weights. To open up greater possibilities in the ammies, I have to get under 170lbs. But overall, I want to be efficient and effective. Functional.