Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Crossfit

charmcity10
charmcity10 Posts: 9 Member
I was wondering if anyone else here does crossfit? I've been at it for about 2 months now and was wondering how long it took others to see results and if it helped with weight loss. I love it so far but just curious about other's results.

Replies

• d_boo
    d_boo Posts: 15 Member
    I'd love to hear as well. I used to be a pretty "hard core" athlete (did an Ironman triathlon in 2006), but since kids (2008 & 2010) I've really stopped exercising. So sad. But because of my history in college sports and triathlon, I like the concept of crossfit b/c I like Olympic lifting (anything less seems "why bother" <--totally stupid mindset, but just part of who I am). I also like the concept of going really hard but for a pretty short period of time (especially compared to endurance training). My biggest challenge is fitting workouts in around kids and full time work...
  • CarolynInDC
    CarolynInDC Posts: 45 Member
    I've done crossfit in the past, and currently do a crossfit-style bootcamp. Love it, can feel the difference in my body, and recommend it so long as you select a good gym that will watch you closely as you learn proper form/lifting, which helps prevent injury.
  • kmbailey42
    kmbailey42 Posts: 6 Member
    I did Crossfit for 6 months before we moved. The nearest Crossfit to me now is 45 minutes away. Before we moved I was a 4 to 5 time a week wod, now I go 2 times a week and do Cardio and calisthenics 2 to 3 days. I love it, especially the strength training. I did not change my eating habits. The first month the scale went up 5 lbs! I was so depressed but I kept at it. By the end of month 2 I noticed my pants fitting not so snuggly but the scale was still 5 lbs more than I started. After the 4th month the scale finally started to go down. Overall I have lost 8 lbs. I feel I have gained a lot of muscle and new friends and paleo type recipes that are becoming more enjoyable
  • radwest
    radwest Posts: 1 Member
    I do crossfit three to four times a week. Although I love the workouts, I found that I need to supplement the workouts with extra workouts to meet my goals. I also started getting a muscle imbalance that caused me some knee pain. I have since added back leg day with exercise prescribed to me by a personal trainer with a focus on physical therapy to overcome the imbalance and regain my full knee capability. If you change your diet (or already have a clean diet) you will see serious results. The workouts are intense. I am often left on the floor after a workout doing "sweat angels".
  • scjgreenan
    scjgreenan Posts: 2 Member
    I do crossfit for the past 1.5 yrs and it has completely transformed my body. But in reverse, but for me that's a good thing. I gained weight, I went up a few pants sizes(matter of fact jeans don't even fit anymore) :\ But I am completely in love with my new body. The weight I gained was muscle, the jean size was because I know have a bootay and thighs! ;) I've watched so many peoples bodies change including mine and my husbands. I've gained a lot of muscle so if that's what your looking for go for it :) I much rather do a WOD then run on a treadmill for an hr, but that's my personal preference. Good luck on your journey. :)