Intake and routine review

Options
mjpbgtd
mjpbgtd Posts: 115 Member
I've been on MFP and reviewing posts and forums since January and I could use some help. I just want to be sure I'm on the right track.

Here are the details.

Height: 5’7.5”
Weight: 174
Body fat: 35% based on various calculator. Bought calipers but I found it complicated to use, not sure I'm getting accurate measurements.

What's your current gross intake of calories, on average?

I was eating 1690 calories based on my own calculation of TDEE-20% but two days ago I increased my intake to 1800 calories based on some advice and my read of Tom Venuto's Fat Loss book -- (but I would like to confirm that with you guys).

What's your current average intake of protein, carbs, and fats, in grams? (GRAMS, not percent!)

At 1800 calories the goal is P/158g, C/180g, F/50g
Reviewing my reports it looks like in the past 30 days (rough average) I've been at P/125g, C/160g, F/40g
I struggle to get in enough protein, working on that.

Do you use a food scale and measure everything? Yes –when I’m in my kitchen, harder to do when I’m out.

Do you track all of your intake, daily? (Everything?) Yes, I’m pretty anal about it because I've been an unconscious eater for a long time. I have myself so vigilant now that I've been known to wake up in the middle of the night to log something I remember eating.

Do you take cheat days or days off? No – there are meals that could be considered ‘cheat’ but no days.

How much weight have you lost so far and over what time period?
A few pounds here and there but I feel stronger.

Describe your activity (exercise and non exercise) and did you change that activity within the last couple of months?

Started in the beginning of the year with exclusive cardio – Cto5K program for a couple of months – activity every day of varying intensity and some yoga.

Around Feb found Starting Strength and NROLFW. I stopped the daily cardio and eventually dropped the yoga. I worked through NROLFW phases 1&2 with a couple of weeks of Stronglifts thrown in there between phases. I then decided that NROLFW was too complicated and for about 3 weeks now I've been doing Stronglifts 3xweek. Oh – and I’ve just introduced 15 minutes of HIIT after each lifting session (in an attempt make fat loss, happen)

How long have you been stalled and if it is not a complete stall please be very specific as to how much you have lost over the stalled period.

I’ve been stalled at about 172-176 pounds for years. That said, I know that I’m stronger and my body looks different now that I've been lifting. Note that it’s not about the weight for me, it’s about the fat and the fitness.

Are you breastfeeding? No

Do you have thyroid issues/risks or PCOS? No

Thank you for any input or advice. My diary is open.

Cheers,
Melissa

Replies

• SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Tagging
  • SideSteel
    Options
    Please set your food diary to open/public and reply when complete.
  • mjpbgtd
    Options
    Done! Sorry about that, thought it was.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Tagging
  • SideSteel
    Options
    If I were in your position I would reduce intake by 10% (10% from your previous intake, not from your 1800 level. So you'd be roughly in the 1500-1550 area) because you haven't lost any weight at your current intake. Protein and fat look reasonable as of late, I would take this reduction from carbohydrates.

If you have capabilities to increase non-exercise activity (walk more during the day, get up from your desk, etc) I would also implement this to attempt to increase energy output.

Please read this and apply it:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/872212-you-re-probably-eating-more-than-you-think

Please follow up with us in 2 weeks if you'd like, or let us know if you have any questions.
  • mjpbgtd
    Options
    Roger that. I've read the thread and will be more vigilant. Will reduce reduce intake to 1500-1550 (esp. carbs) and increase energy output.

Will check back in two week. Thank you!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Locking for now so we can keep track of currently active threads easier. Please PM ether myself or SideSteel when you are ready to update us, and include a link to this thread and we will unlock. Also, please feel free to reach out earlier if you have any further questions or comments.
This discussion has been closed.