WHY?

Options
leecha2014
leecha2014 Posts: 385 Member
To achieve any goal you have to focus on the why? What is your why? What is going to keep you laser-focused on your goals?

Replies

• leecha2014
    edited March 2015
    Options
    This is a personal question but we are doing this! It won't be easy and you need to know and focus on why you are doing this.

My Why?

I want to feel fantastic in my own skin, I want to be able to wear the clothes that I want, I love fashion. I want to wear a mini skirt with high heels before I look ridiculous! Lol.

I want to have the healthiest body possible to carry me though the rest of my life, enjoying life, living life without pain. I don't want to be crumpled up in a nursing home. I want to be that senior power-walking in the morning, lawn bowling in the afternoon, sipping wine in Florida.

Anyone can be happy big or small but I'm sorry, you are happier when you are fit! Being happier is living a better life.

I want to be the best partner for my sweet husband and jump around in Victoria Secrets! TMI?

Finally, I want to actually see the best version of me in the mirror, the fit me without the extra layer of chin. I just want to see her and be her. xo
  • zacksnana
    zacksnana Posts: 3,230 Member
    Options
    For me, it's WHY NOT?

Why not follow through and finish what I started and have a fun, healthy life. And why not have a stress-free summer, instead of avoiding all swimsuit related activities? And be able to pull whatever I like from the closet instead of "what I hope makes me look less fat".

• RunRachelleRun
    RunRachelleRun Posts: 1,854 Member
    Options
    For me it's mostly about health and being active. I have had a couple of scares with my heart in the last few years. I want to be fit and able to enjoy the coming chapter once my son turns into an adult. I want to start snowboarding with them, travel with my husband, and not come in last in any races! I'd love, love, love to feel pretty, and especially comfortable with my body again.
  • terrimaricle
    terrimaricle Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I want to wear a bathing suit this year. It's been ages since I've been swimming.
  • mommymissy82
    mommymissy82 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    My oldest of 3 boys is my biggest reason. He is only 4 but has been diagnosed with Duchenne which is fatal. Eventually he will lose the ability to walk and move and I will need to be his arms and his legs. I need to be ready to take care of my little boy and I need to be fit so I can. I still have the choice of what my body can be and what it can do....he doesn't......how unfair is it if I let my body down when I CAN do something.
  • leecha2014
    Options
    @mommymissy82‌ I am so incredibly sorry to hear this about your son, I can't imagine how you are coping with this diagnosis. I'm hoping you find the strength and support you need for your son, and yourself xxxx.
  • RunRachelleRun
    RunRachelleRun Posts: 1,854 Member
    Options
    @mommymissy82 I am also very sorry to read this. It is inspiring that you are able to realize you need to take care of yourself to best take care of your son. I hope we can be some support to you when you and your family are facing challenges nobody should ever have to. Hugs.
  • zacksnana
    zacksnana Posts: 3,230 Member
    Options
    @mommymissy82‌ your son is lucky to have a mom who is willing to do whatever it takes to give him the best life possible. You are truly an inspiration.
  • mommymissy82
    mommymissy82 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I truly appreciate all your words. Its nice to be able to talk to others about it as sometimes I feel like I shouldn't talk to loved ones since it makes them all so sad. I am not looking for pity, I just wanted to share my story as well as spread the word of what Duchenne MD is.
    Now, let's kick some butt and lose some fat, off the butt, arms, legs,etc, lol
  • Maquillage_
    Maquillage_ Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    My why is that I want to look and feel the best I can! I want to have visible muscles and be confident and strong and to feel proud showing it off. I want people to notice how hard I worked for my body.

I want to be as healthy as possible. Many medical conditions run in my family and I want to avoid as many as possible.

I love how exercise makes me feel so I want to do more of it and I want to improve, get fitter and stronger!

• fattofit_fritch26
    fattofit_fritch26 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    My why is my future...I started a new career and am newly married, so for the first time I am thinking of my future family. I want to be a fit, active mom and create healthy habits for my future children. I just really want to be healthy.

I also want to feel amazing...everyone going through a weight loss journey has a little vanity set in their goal, and I am definitely not ashamed to admit it lol. I wanna feel like my husband has the hot wife he deserves and not feel self conscious when picking out clothes in the morning.
  • goingforahundred
    goingforahundred Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    My Why
    With the exception of about one year in my late teens I have never been a healthy weight. I have been overweight and miserable for so long that I don't know what it feels like to be 'normal'. I want to know what it feels like to be a normal weight. My children have never seen me any other way than fat. I want this to change. When I have grandchildren I want to be able to be active with them.
    I want to feel free. For some reason to me losing weight is like being free. I want to know the me that I have never known!
  • maryjboom
    maryjboom Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Why? I want to be be healthy and fit. I would really like to get a new bathing suit and look good in it. I want to be able to keep up with my nieces and nephews.
  • Aliciab927
    Aliciab927 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Why.
    Its time to get back to feeling good and healthy. To stop worrying about how my clothes are fitting, not trying to find a nice shirt and alter it so it stays closed. I want to give my husband his hot young wife back. :) Plus I was happier when I was lighter
  • angelgreathouse9
    angelgreathouse9 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    leecha2014 wrote: »
    This is a personal question but we are doing this! It won't be easy and you need to know and focus on why you are doing this.

My Why?

I want to feel fantastic in my own skin, I want to be able to wear the clothes that I want, I love fashion. I want to wear a mini skirt with high heels before I look ridiculous! Lol.

I want to have the healthiest body possible to carry me though the rest of my life, enjoying life, living life without pain. I don't want to be crumpled up in a nursing home. I want to be that senior power-walking in the morning, lawn bowling in the afternoon, sipping wine in Florida.

Anyone can be happy big or small but I'm sorry, you are happier when you are fit! Being happier is living a better life.

I want to be the best partner for my sweet husband and jump around in Victoria Secrets! TMI?

Finally, I want to actually see the best version of me in the mirror, the fit me without the extra layer of chin. I just want to see her and be her. xo
    It's as simple as quoting you leecha2014 ;) you and I seem to have the same "why"... down 62lbs so far with 2.5 more to go my biggest goal at this point is toning and tightening and I believe that continuing to track my calories in/out along the way will help me to achieve my ultimate "hottie" status :p I am more than happy to pass along what has worked for me if anyone needs the extra help.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,174 Member
    Options
    I had gotten a 'little' out of condition because I have a bad hip and need a hip replacement done. I need to show that I have made an effort to lose the weight before I can have the op.

More importantly my younger daughter is getting hitched in late August and I want to look good for the big day!

The upside is that I have a wider range of trendy clothes from which to choose when I go shopping. Today I was shopping for two sizes smaller than before.
  • starjulia
    starjulia Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    my why is simply to feel great in my own skin, to be able to put on whatever clothes I want in the morning and look and feel amazing. I have been skinny and fit in my life and it was glorious but after marriage, kids and a career it has gotten the best of me. I owe it to myself, my kids and my loving husband to get back to healthy.
  • aubsgg
    aubsgg Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    My why: Health and looks. I want my cholesterol to go down without medicine. With retirement looming I compared lump sum vs. annuity- I want to outlive the annuity by living more than 15 years. I also want to live my later years fit and in good health and with vitality. I hate how big girl clothes look on me (my body proportions aren't what clothes are made with).