Weekend Plans

Options
betsysjl
betsysjl Posts: 175 Member
What's everyone doing this weekend?

We are going to a St. Patty's Day parade on Saturday and a church supper on Sunday.

Replies

• RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Exercise both days! Grocery shop and prepare some healthy meals for the week on Saturday. Sunday I'll bring our youngest DD to field hockey then to a big trampoline center with some friends. Wish I was brave enough to do some jumping myself, but no one wants to see that!
  • abbyjane81
    abbyjane81 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    My husband us taking my oldest son to see monster trucks for the first time- do I'm psyched to have a little down time this evening with my 5 month old. I've been feeling overwhelmed lately so a little quiet time is just what I need I think. :)
  • RENAEJAE
    Options
    Not a bad weekend - just too fast!! Things went as planned and I was even able to get to a 'Whole Foods' Store yesterday! I could spend all day in that place. I found the rice papers I was looking for and made fresh spring rolls last night. Super light - no cooking and yummy! I'll post the recipe site on our recipe thread.

Hope you had a great weekend! Let's kick it up a notch this week!! Drink extra water today to cleanse away the weekend extras!
  • RENAEJAE
    Options
    PS - down 2lbs this morning so my week was a success B)
  • betsysjl
    Options
    @RENAEJAE‌ - Congrats on the weight loss! I'm done too, I didn't work out this week, and the scale finally headed down!
  • betsysjl
    Options
    We went to the St. Paddy's Day Parade. It was wet and cold, but fun. Went to Ruby Tuesday's for dinner on Saturday night. I thought I did well, but I guess I should have put the calories in before I ordered, since I ended up eating 800 calories. Oh well. That did include a beer and some mozzarella sticks.
    On Sunday, I went to a St. Paddy's Day lunch at church. It was a very depressing meal, with dry turkey breast and overcooked canned greenbeans. I couldn't eat much, since I am staying away from carbs. But it was a fundraiser for my daughter's mission trip, so I had to go.
  • RENAEJAE
    Options
    Glad the parade was fun. We ended up at Ruby's for lunch on Sunday and I had the salad bar. I was very careful what I put on my plate and was disappointed there was no real protein available other than shredded cheese. I could have eaten 2 plates full but I stuck to one and felt like it was an expensive salad for what I consumed - lol. Oh well at least I stuck to the plan. Eating out is tough.
  • RENAEJAE
    Options
    Another weekend upon us. I'll be busy all day tomorrow and plan to stay with a protein shake for breakfast and lunch. Sunday I would like to dedicate to cleaning out the bad foods from my pantry, making a menu for the week and grocery shop for more healthy options. I'm loving that my entire family is on board now!! Woot woot!!
  • betsysjl
    Options
    That's awesome that your entire family is on board. I wish mine was. The half-hearted effort at the beginning is completely gone.

Don't have too much going on this weekend. I'm hoping to do meal prep, as I haven't had much time to do that lately, the cupboards are getting bare, which makes it hard to prepare a good healthy meal.
  • RENAEJAE
    Options
    Such a nice weekend. I left work early on Friday to set up for the project grad event on Saturday. We raised over $11,000 so I'm very happy with that. Sunday was grocery shopping and purging the cupboards of any garbage still left in the house. I took Monday off to visit a college with our daughter and it was a great day today.

So far this morning is going fine. I decided not to have a protein shake for breakfast and lunch today because I've been light headed all weekend. I guess I should stick with fruit and yogurt and salads this week to see if it helps.

So glad to see the sun shining this morning. My niece went into labor this morning!! So excited for them. That baby was waiting for the cold weather to be on its way out!!
  • betsysjl
    Options
    It sounds like you had a great weekend! My husband and I went to an RV show all day on Saturday. My calves are killing me from going up and down all the stairs, but I got a lot of leisurely walking in.

Went shopping with my best friend on Sunday. We haven't gotten to spend much time together lately, so it was awesome. We had some great meals, and she helped me stay low carb.

Calves are still sore between all the walking this weekend. I needed to get to the store and do food prep, but ran out of time.

Congrats on baby! That is so exciting! What grade is your daughter in? Mine is a junior and scared to death to look at colleges because it means she is becoming an adult. But I think she is finally coming around.

• RENAEJAE
    Options
    The baby was born at 4am (c-section after 26 hours of labor) poor girl. I just skipped over to the hospital to see her and she's just beautiful!

We have 2 daughters. 14 and 17 (almost 18 next month) so she'll be off to college in the fall. I'm not ready for such a big change but she is prepared and excited about it which makes me feel good.

Having a successful day so far. I am trying to get extra water in this week. I'm a big water drinker but when I started drinking protein shakes I found I was drinking less water. I feel better already in just a couple of days. Too much protein can be tough on the system!

keep it skinny!!
  • betsysjl
    Options
    My older daughter is 20 and finishing her second year of college. I actually blame her for all my weight gain last year. I think her leaving was more depressing than I realized. She is my no-nonsense, independent child and is thriving in college. She is about 4 hours away. The one thing that has helped us is we make her facetime (skpe) one a week. That way I can see she is okay.

Not sure what I will do when the other one leaves. I'm trying to find new hobbies.
  • RENAEJAE
    Options
    I haven't stopped long enough to think about what it will be like when she leaves. Thankfully she has chosen a college only 2 hours away. Her 2nd choice is 5 hours away. I'm hoping I will turn her absence into even a better reason to spend time on ME!! Our 14 year old is very social and busy all the time. Once she gets her license next winter we won't see much of her (lol).

The weekend is here again! Tonight I'm getting groceries for a Pampered Chef Freezer workshop I'm hosting tomorrow night. I decided to try to vegetarian one so I can have some different options available. I'm hoping Sunday will be a nice day to be outside, maybe straighten things up in the garage and take a long walk.

How about you?
  • betsysjl
    Options
    Another Friday - this weekend...more shopping for me. Taking my daughter shopping for prom undergarments and accessories. She is petite, so we have to get her dress tailored also. Hopefully, getting some much needed housework done and meal planning/prepping for the week.

I can't believe Easter will be here in a week. Youngest will be on a mission trip to Virginia Beach all next week, and the oldest will be home from college for Easter.
  • mainebeachbum
    mainebeachbum Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Son and I are going skiing tomorrow, probably for the last time this year! :(

Our old hometown school is doing a production of Shrek so we will hook up with some old friends and watch that. It should be fun.

I love Pampered Chef products!! So worth the investment!
  • betsysjl
    Options
    ReNae - Your daughters sound like mine. The younger one is involved in lots of things. We were so happy once she got her license. You have to be 16 1/2 to get it here in PA. Going a year and 1/2 without the extra driver was very time consuming. Lots of fast food. It is so much easier now that she is driving.
  • RENAEJAE
    Options
    Good point. I'm going to miss having our oldest here because they do everything together from sports to dance classes. They even spend their down time shopping and going out for lunch so our youngest is going to have a hard time adjusting. I look forward to her 'needing' me again if only for one more year.