Spring "Cleanse" - A 33 Day Tribute to Pie, Peeps and Cadbury Creme Eggs

Options

Replies

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Oooh I looked up my bird/chick/peacock thingy. Apparently it is some sort of Almond Hazelnut Candy covered in chocolate. Now I am more excited. Especially since I learned it cost 6.00 CHF and is sold out.

http://www.spruengli.ch/gianduia-chick_16655.html
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I, for one, welcome our new German overlords.

• CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Day 27 - almond cake with strawberries and whipped cream, chocolate fudge poptart with Talenti hazelnut chocolate chip, two pieces of Lindt chocolate. That was breakfast. Baklava tonight for dinner if I'm still hungry after the 7 courses that go beforehand. It's my birthday and I don't care.
    Enjoy your grub and have a good birthday!

That's a nice lookin' chocolate bird. :wink:

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Day 27 - almond cake with strawberries and whipped cream, chocolate fudge poptart with Talenti hazelnut chocolate chip, two pieces of Lindt chocolate. That was breakfast. Baklava tonight for dinner if I'm still hungry after the 7 courses that go beforehand. It's my birthday and I don't care.

Happy birthday!! Enjoy the baklava!

I might have had a couple butter cookies, a mudpie cupcake and a piece of ricotta cheesecake too. Basically everything I've been craving for weeks. I'm so naughty.
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Kruggeri wrote: »
    Oooh I looked up my bird/chick/peacock thingy. Apparently it is some sort of Almond Hazelnut Candy covered in chocolate. Now I am more excited. Especially since I learned it cost 6.00 CHF and is sold out.

6 CHF for an individual chocolate sort of puts $12 Jeni's pints in a different perspective, no?

• Francl27
    Options
    Kruggeri wrote: »

Gianduja stuff is my favorite kind of chocolate ever. Enjoy!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    Day 1: Triple berry pie
    Day 2: triple berry pie and white chocolate snickerdoodles
    Day 3: mini cadbury creme eggs
    Day 4: Chai Latte ice cream
    Day 5: Breyer's Strawberry Truffle gelato indulgences
    Day 6: Haagen Dazs Spiced Pecan Turtle and a cadbury creme egg cupcake.
    Day 7: cadbury creme egg cupcake
    Day 8: cadbury creme egg cupcake and Haagen Dazs pralines and cream
    Day 9: the last cadbury egg cupcake, 2 tagalongs/peanut butter patties and Gelato Fiasco dark chocolate sea salt caramel
    Day 10: Talenti Salted Peanut Caramel and a lemon scone
    Day 11: Lemon scone and Tonight Dough
    Day 12: Gelato Fiasco dark chocolate sea salt caramel, lemon scone, mini cadbury egg
    Day 13: Talenti Raspberry Cheesecake, the last scone, and a couple of cadbury mini creme eggs
    Day 14: Haagen Dazs Chocolate Caramelized Oat
    Day 15: Challah stuffed french toast, Gelato Fiasco dark chocolate caramel
    Day 16: challah french toast and Talenti Southern Butter Pecan
    Day 17: Tonight Dough and tagalongs
    Day 18: Talenti Sea Salt Caramel, one party cake peep, and one peep s'more
    Day 19: one peep s'more and 2 mini cadbury eggs.
    Day 20: Banana pudding
    Day 21: banana pudding
    Day 22: mini chocolate cheesecake and carrot cupcake
    Day 23: carrot cupcake, Robin Eggs, Skittles, and Peterbrooke Triple Chocolate Gelato.
    Day 24: mini chocolate cheesecake and a serving of Robin eggs
    Day 25: mini chocolate cheesecake and a serving if Robin eggs (those are all gone now so back to gelato tomorrow)
    Day 26: Gelato Fiasco Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Caramel with Reese's Pieces on top:
    Day 27: Talenti Sea Salt Caramel and Talenti Salted Peanut Caramel
    Day 28: Haagen Dazs Tres Leches Brigadeiro

d3ac0e1f-db79-4c53-852b-57eaecc1659d_zpscpjmd2vg.jpg

Like the other new HD flavors I liked this but probably won't buy it again. It's got a really nice milky texture and the ribbon tastes like very very light chocolate. It makes the Talenti Belgian Chocolate taste downright dark by comparison. But it didn't really wow me.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Day 1: Ghirardelli Dark Cherry Tango & Barber Foods Cream Brie & Apple stuffed chicken breasts
    Day 2: 1.5 servings of Mini Butterfinger Cups & made a Caramel Rice cake sandwich with Maranatha Creamy Raw Maple Butter
    Day 3: Chocolate covered bing cherry & tortilla microwaved with cookie butter
    Day 4: Rest of the Bing Chocolate Cherries
    Day 5: The rest of the Nestle Butterfinger Cup Minis *edited to add* two Russell Stover Cookie Dough Eggs & one Cadbury Creme Mini Egg.
    Day 6: Arby's Andes Shake *drools*, Russell Stover Birthday Cake flavored egg, & Russell Stover big Pecan egg.
    Day 7: Target White Chocolate Mini Bark & a tortilla with Maranatha Raw Maple Butter inside.
    Day 8: Three Party Cake Peeps with breakfast & three Russell Stover Eggs (two Strawberry & one Vanilla Cream).
    Day 9: Three Mystery Peeps & three Russell Stover Eggs (Maple Cream, Raspberry, & Birthday Cake).
    Day 10: A few Party Cake & Mystery Peeps, Russell Stover Eggs (Birthday Cake, Raspberry, & Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough), Target Mini Easter Bark with M&Ms, & a little bit of the Bunny Bait trail mix.
    Day 11: Going to eat a few peeps, Lindt Creme Brulee (few pieces), & Russell Stover (Birthday Cake Egg & Vanilla Cream egg)
    Day 12: Oh My Yog! Apple Cinnamon Yogurt, a few Peeps, & finished the last of my Talenti Salted Caramel Peanut
    Day 13: Light day today so just a Yoplait Greek Whips 100 Raspberry yogurt
    Day 14: Yoplait Greek 100 Whips Strawberry Cheesecake (eh not that great), Quest White Chocolate Raspberry (holy crap that was good), & Creapan Apple Crepes that I picked up at Giant.
    Day 15: Creapan Apple Crepe, Yoplait Lemon Meringue Greek Yogurt Whips, & two Quest Bars (Strawberry Cheesecake & Lemon). Didn't care for either of the Quest bars.
    Day 16: Peanut Butter & Jelly Quest Bar (not too bad but won't buy again) & Creapan Apple Crepe
    Day 17: Cookie Dough Quest Bar & Creapan Apple Crepe
    Day 18: Rice cake with Maranatha Raw Maple Butter, Yoplait Black Cherry 100 Whips, & Chocolate Cookie Dough Quest Bar
    Day 19: Reese's Cup & Quest Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bar
    Day 20: Skinny Cow Snickerdoodle Sandwich (eh it was alright for a light item but wouldn't buy again), Haagen Dazs Ginger Molasses Cookie (All I have to say is yum), & Chips Ahoy Birthday Cake Flavor.
    Day 21: Yasso Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bar (eh again alright for a light item at 100 calories but wouldn't buy again), serving of Haagen Dazs Ginger Molasses Cookie, & Yoplait Greek Whips Vanilla Cupcake
    Day 22: The rest of the Haagen Dazs Ginger Molasses Cookie, a rice cake with the Almond Caramel peanut butter, & two Yoplait Greek Whips (Vanilla Cupcake & Blueberry), Sour Watermelon Peep, Laffy Taffy Candy Chew
    Day 23: Jenis Savannah Buttermint & two Yoplait yogurts (Vanilla Cupcake & Caramel Macchiato)
    Day 24: Two Yasso Cookie Dough Yogurt Bars (one more to get rid of haha), Yoplait 100 Lemon yogurts (not too bad), & later Jenis Goat Cheese With Red Cherries
    Day 25: A little over a serving of the Jenis Savannah Buttermint, Yoplait Greek 100 Raspberry Whips, two mini packages of M&Ms, & two Russell Stover Cookie Dough eggs
    Day 26: 1.5 servings of Goat Cheese With Red Cherries, a serving of Brambleberry Crisp, & two packages of Mini M&Ms
    Day 27: 3 servings of Edy's Slow Churned Cinnamon Bun Fun (not as good as Cinnamon Buns, but a worthy opponent)
    Day 28: Ate a lot of ice cream. 3 servings of Edy's Mint Chocolate Chip & 3.5 servings of Edy's Slow Churned Cinnamon Bun Fun
  • CooCooPuff
    Options
    Day 21: Cookie dough and cookies and cream ice cream scoops from La King and some watermelon sorbet from Marble Slab later that evening
    Day 22: Volcano from Rainforest Cafe, a red velvet cake ball and banana pudding from Buckees
    Day 23: Several Peeps S'mores and a few pieces of crappy Easter candy
    Day 24: Chips Ahoy birthday cake frosting cookies
    Day 25: The last Girl Scout cookie of the year, a Lemonade and Talenti southern butter pecan
    Day 26: Peeps s'mores and Endangered Species almond butter creme chocolate
    Day 27: Russell Stovers raspberry whip egg and Ben and Jerry's pumpkin cheesecake
    Day 28: Raspberry whipped egg (want to get these out of the way before I try a new flavor) and Chips Ahoy cake frosting cookies
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Day 28: Talenti Double Dark Chocolate
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Day 1: Peeps
    Day 2: Almond pastry (filled with almond paste).
    Day 3: Mission Hill Creamery Ricotta & Fig ice cream.
    Day 4: McConnell's Chocolate Covered Strawberries Ice Cream.
    Day 5: A couple of TJ's Cookie Butter Cups.
    Day 6: Mission Hill Creamery Turkish Coffee ice cream.
    Day 7: More McConnell's Chocolate Covered Strawberries Ice Cream.
    Day 8: MIL waffles.
    Day 9: Generic raspberry pastry.
    Day 10: Raspberry Sponge Cake + a touch of Ricotta & Fig ice cream from Mission Hill.
    Day 11: Gelato Fiasco Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Caramel.
    Day 12: A bit of Jeni's Brambleberry Crisp and a bit of MH Ricotta & Fig. EDIT: and now a bit of Jeni's Whiskey & Pecans
    Day 13: MH Chocolate Covered Strawberries Ice Cream.
    Day 14: A couple of TJ's Cookie Butter Cups with some cheap red wine.
    Day 15: Just a touch of McConnell's Choc-Straw ice cream.
    Day 16: Blueberry donut.
    Day 17: Couple of GS Samoas cookies.
    Day 18: Last bit of McConnell's Chocolate Covered Strawberries ice cream, and some MH Ricotta & Fig ice cream.
    Day 19: A bit of MH Turkish Coffee ice cream.
    Day 20: A touch of GF Dark Choc SS caramel.
    Day 21: BLVD Caramel Dulce Slam.
    Day 22: Maple and brown sugar glazed applewood bacon and 2 El Perro Loco's.
    Day 23: McConnell's Toasted Coconut Almond Chip.
    Day 24: Gelato Fiasco Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Caramel gelato.
    Day 25: BLVD Caramel Dulce Slam and the last lonely Samoa.
    Day 26: Mango / pineapple / cinnamon empenada.
    Day 27: Just a touch of GF Dark Choc / SS Caramel with some red wine.

Day 28: A bit of Talenti Raspberry Cheesecake. Only about a half serving. Socialized a bit with friends and too much beer and wine to really dig into the cleanse.
  • Francl27
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Might have to skip today. Yesterday was full of delicious but way too much food (the baklava was hands down the best I've ever had, and sadly/fortunately there was only a 1x1 square per person), and I'm not hungry at all. But surely with all the swets I had yesterday it can count for two days, right?
  • CooCooPuff
    Options
    Day 21: Cookie dough and cookies and cream ice cream scoops from La King and some watermelon sorbet from Marble Slab later that evening
    Day 22: Volcano from Rainforest Cafe, a red velvet cake ball and banana pudding from Buckees
    Day 23: Several Peeps S'mores and a few pieces of crappy Easter candy
    Day 24: Chips Ahoy birthday cake frosting cookies
    Day 25: The last Girl Scout cookie of the year, a Lemonade and Talenti southern butter pecan
    Day 26: Peeps s'mores and Endangered Species almond butter creme chocolate
    Day 27: Russell Stovers raspberry whip egg and Ben and Jerry's pumpkin cheesecake
    Day 28: Raspberry whipped egg (want to get these out of the way before I try a new flavor) and Chips Ahoy cake frosting cookies
    Day 29: Peeps s'mores and the last raspberry whipped egg
  • Francl27
    Options
    Ok day 29 - piece of Lindt caramel and sea salt and some more of that cake batter/caramel ice cream I bought last week. I'm not too hungry today.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Day 1: Ghirardelli Dark Cherry Tango & Barber Foods Cream Brie & Apple stuffed chicken breasts
    Day 2: 1.5 servings of Mini Butterfinger Cups & made a Caramel Rice cake sandwich with Maranatha Creamy Raw Maple Butter
    Day 3: Chocolate covered bing cherry & tortilla microwaved with cookie butter
    Day 4: Rest of the Bing Chocolate Cherries
    Day 5: The rest of the Nestle Butterfinger Cup Minis *edited to add* two Russell Stover Cookie Dough Eggs & one Cadbury Creme Mini Egg.
    Day 6: Arby's Andes Shake *drools*, Russell Stover Birthday Cake flavored egg, & Russell Stover big Pecan egg.
    Day 7: Target White Chocolate Mini Bark & a tortilla with Maranatha Raw Maple Butter inside.
    Day 8: Three Party Cake Peeps with breakfast & three Russell Stover Eggs (two Strawberry & one Vanilla Cream).
    Day 9: Three Mystery Peeps & three Russell Stover Eggs (Maple Cream, Raspberry, & Birthday Cake).
    Day 10: A few Party Cake & Mystery Peeps, Russell Stover Eggs (Birthday Cake, Raspberry, & Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough), Target Mini Easter Bark with M&Ms, & a little bit of the Bunny Bait trail mix.
    Day 11: Going to eat a few peeps, Lindt Creme Brulee (few pieces), & Russell Stover (Birthday Cake Egg & Vanilla Cream egg)
    Day 12: Oh My Yog! Apple Cinnamon Yogurt, a few Peeps, & finished the last of my Talenti Salted Caramel Peanut
    Day 13: Light day today so just a Yoplait Greek Whips 100 Raspberry yogurt
    Day 14: Yoplait Greek 100 Whips Strawberry Cheesecake (eh not that great), Quest White Chocolate Raspberry (holy crap that was good), & Creapan Apple Crepes that I picked up at Giant.
    Day 15: Creapan Apple Crepe, Yoplait Lemon Meringue Greek Yogurt Whips, & two Quest Bars (Strawberry Cheesecake & Lemon). Didn't care for either of the Quest bars.
    Day 16: Peanut Butter & Jelly Quest Bar (not too bad but won't buy again) & Creapan Apple Crepe
    Day 17: Cookie Dough Quest Bar & Creapan Apple Crepe
    Day 18: Rice cake with Maranatha Raw Maple Butter, Yoplait Black Cherry 100 Whips, & Chocolate Cookie Dough Quest Bar
    Day 19: Reese's Cup & Quest Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bar
    Day 20: Skinny Cow Snickerdoodle Sandwich (eh it was alright for a light item but wouldn't buy again), Haagen Dazs Ginger Molasses Cookie (All I have to say is yum), & Chips Ahoy Birthday Cake Flavor.
    Day 21: Yasso Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bar (eh again alright for a light item at 100 calories but wouldn't buy again), serving of Haagen Dazs Ginger Molasses Cookie, & Yoplait Greek Whips Vanilla Cupcake
    Day 22: The rest of the Haagen Dazs Ginger Molasses Cookie, a rice cake with the Almond Caramel peanut butter, & two Yoplait Greek Whips (Vanilla Cupcake & Blueberry), Sour Watermelon Peep, Laffy Taffy Candy Chew
    Day 23: Jenis Savannah Buttermint & two Yoplait yogurts (Vanilla Cupcake & Caramel Macchiato)
    Day 24: Two Yasso Cookie Dough Yogurt Bars (one more to get rid of haha), Yoplait 100 Lemon yogurts (not too bad), & later Jenis Goat Cheese With Red Cherries
    Day 25: A little over a serving of the Jenis Savannah Buttermint, Yoplait Greek 100 Raspberry Whips, two mini packages of M&Ms, & two Russell Stover Cookie Dough eggs
    Day 26: 1.5 servings of Goat Cheese With Red Cherries, a serving of Brambleberry Crisp, & two packages of Mini M&Ms
    Day 27: 3 servings of Edy's Slow Churned Cinnamon Bun Fun (not as good as Cinnamon Buns, but a worthy opponent)
    Day 28: Ate a lot of ice cream. 3 servings of Edy's Mint Chocolate Chip & 3.5 servings of Edy's Slow Churned Cinnamon Bun Fun
    Day 29: Five servings of Edy's Mint Chocolate Chip
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    Day 1: Triple berry pie
    Day 2: triple berry pie and white chocolate snickerdoodles
    Day 3: mini cadbury creme eggs
    Day 4: Chai Latte ice cream
    Day 5: Breyer's Strawberry Truffle gelato indulgences
    Day 6: Haagen Dazs Spiced Pecan Turtle and a cadbury creme egg cupcake.
    Day 7: cadbury creme egg cupcake
    Day 8: cadbury creme egg cupcake and Haagen Dazs pralines and cream
    Day 9: the last cadbury egg cupcake, 2 tagalongs/peanut butter patties and Gelato Fiasco dark chocolate sea salt caramel
    Day 10: Talenti Salted Peanut Caramel and a lemon scone
    Day 11: Lemon scone and Tonight Dough
    Day 12: Gelato Fiasco dark chocolate sea salt caramel, lemon scone, mini cadbury egg
    Day 13: Talenti Raspberry Cheesecake, the last scone, and a couple of cadbury mini creme eggs
    Day 14: Haagen Dazs Chocolate Caramelized Oat
    Day 15: Challah stuffed french toast, Gelato Fiasco dark chocolate caramel
    Day 16: challah french toast and Talenti Southern Butter Pecan
    Day 17: Tonight Dough and tagalongs
    Day 18: Talenti Sea Salt Caramel, one party cake peep, and one peep s'more
    Day 19: one peep s'more and 2 mini cadbury eggs.
    Day 20: Banana pudding
    Day 21: banana pudding
    Day 22: mini chocolate cheesecake and carrot cupcake
    Day 23: carrot cupcake, Robin Eggs, Skittles, and Peterbrooke Triple Chocolate Gelato.
    Day 24: mini chocolate cheesecake and a serving of Robin eggs
    Day 25: mini chocolate cheesecake and a serving if Robin eggs (those are all gone now so back to gelato tomorrow)
    Day 26: Gelato Fiasco Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Caramel with Reese's Pieces on top:
    Day 27: Talenti Sea Salt Caramel and Talenti Salted Peanut Caramel
    Day 28: Haagen Dazs Tres Leches Brigadeiro
    Day 29: Godiva Dark Chocolate Raspberry Truffle bar
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Might have to skip today. Yesterday was full of delicious but way too much food (the baklava was hands down the best I've ever had, and sadly/fortunately there was only a 1x1 square per person), and I'm not hungry at all. But surely with all the swets I had yesterday it can count for two days, right?

How was your birthday meal?
  • sunburntgalaxy
    sunburntgalaxy Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Day 28: Talenti Southern Butter Pecan
    Day 29: We went to the mall today and I discovered that the Godiva store now sells soft serve - I had a cone with the twist which is the dark chocolate with the white chocolate vanilla bean, in a chocolate dipped cone with almonds. Forgot to take a picture but I did find one on the internet - it was the middle one. Super good so I am sure I will have one again next time we are there.

op6vw8qfacwt.jpg
  • Francl27
    Options

How was your birthday meal?

It was fantastic. Way too many calories but no regret, everything was great!

This was the menu http://casablancaone.com/dinner-menu/traditional-menu/
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    1- cookies and cream pie. Peanut butter pie. Pepperoni pizza pie. Sam Adams winter brew. a tube of thin mints. Box of doh si dohs.
    2- tube of thin mints,serving of tonight dough,serving of salted peanut caramel.
    3-more thin mints.a lot more.
    4- half pint of Kroger caramel crunch with baby ruth.
    5-thin mints and chocolate chip cookie dough
    6- talenti chocolate chip cookie dough with added cookie dough.
    7-Most of a tube of thin mints. Some cookie dough.
    8- box of tre foils. I just said no to the girl scouts today. So only one box of samoas left.
    9-3 servings of talenti oatmeal raisin cookie and 1 if chocolate chip cookie dough. Both gone. Finally.
    10-pecan roll for breakfast. Breyers raspberry cheesecake for dessert.
    11-half pint of raspberry cheesecake talenti
    12- pumpkin spice muffin and half pint of raspberry cheesecake talenti
    13-damn pecan roll jumped into ma mouth. Baskin Robbins southern butter pecan.
    14-cold stone cake batter ice cream
    15-cold stone sweet cream ice cream
    16-talenti german chocolate cake
    17-some *kitten* *kitten* frozen yogurt. I let my daughter pick. Won't happen again.
    18-cream cheese Danish, speculoos cookie butter cheesecake bites.
    19-talenti German chocolate cake
    20-Baskin Robbins pralines and cream pint.
    21-dozen mini cupcakes.
    22-ska Mexican loggers
    23-easter candy
    24-talenti southern butter pecan
    25-talenti oatmeal cookie
    26-last box of SamoaS gone.
    27-easter candy
    28-pumpkin pie talenti
    29-ska Mexican loggers.