Spring "Cleanse" - A 33 Day Tribute to Pie, Peeps and Cadbury Creme Eggs

Options
WinoGelato
WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
Spring has Sprung! The weather is getting warmer, the birds are chirping, the flowers will soon be blooming. Seems like the perfect time to kick off some Spring "Cleanse" ing, especially in light of how many anti-sugar and cleanse threads we've had this year so far...

Following in the ways of our pioneering forefathers, @MrM27 and @LOLBroScience, here are the rules. Eat something sweet every day, record it here, post pictures if you've got them, continue to meet your other nutrition and fitness goals - and in one month we will see how everyone fared!

Acceptable Sweets Include: Anything frozen that isn't Arctic Zero or Mashed Bananas, store bought treats such as Peeps and Cadbury Creme Eggs, Girl Scout cookies, homemade baked goods, etc.

We are kicking this off on National Pi Day (3.14.15) so make sure to put something yummy in a buttery crust that day, and we will end on 4.15.15 after US residents file their tax returns! In between we have St. Patrick's Day, Passover, and Easter - so let's see what yumminess comes forth!

Day 1 -
Day 2 -
Day 3 -
Day 4 -
Day 5 -
Day 6 -
Day 7 -
Day 8 -
Day 9 -
Day 10 -
Day 11 -
Day 12 -
Day 13 -
Day 14 -
Day 15 -
Day 16 -
Day 17 -
Day 18 -
Day 19 -
Day 20 -
Day 21 -
Day 22 -
Day 23 -
Day 24 -
Day 25 -
Day 26 -
Day 27 -
Day 28 -
Day 29 -
Day 30 -
Day 31 -
Day 32 -
Day 33 -

Replies

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    In.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    In.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    I'm as in as I can be, which is going to be totally effing shady.
  • stackhsc
    stackhsc Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    lol, love it. what about listing something every day and then folks have to find and eat that or something close to it lol
  • missyjane824
    missyjane824 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    I started a bit early. I've been eating pop tarts for the last 25 days or so. Planning to go to 45 days. Kicked it up a notch by not repeating any flavors so this requires making some new ones. It's been pretty awesome so far. I'll probably come back when I'm done and link to the post I make on the main forums.
  • Ninkyou
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    In!!!!!!

And in honor of this celebration I got myself a new fashion accessory..........bars on my profile picture!

Whoa... that's hardcore.
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I'm as in as I can be, which is going to be totally effing shady.

Yup; in a shady way here.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    In!!!!!!

And in honor of this celebration I got myself a new fashion accessory..........bars on my profile picture!

Poor Leo is all caged up

Meijer has all frozen foods 10% off today and tomorrow so I stocked up on ice cream (plus one extra Talenti and a pie for tomorrow), so I should be set for the month. Too bad this won't be going when I go to New York on 5/2 and get some cheesecake.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    T-1..I pre gamed with some deep fried French toast..kinda like funnel cake from the carnival only breakfasty.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    In!!!!!!

You naughty naughty guy...

And in
  • myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Day 1 - In honor of the new thread I went to get something new. I was excited to try this but couldn't find it earlier anywhere I went. I decided to give Pathmark a shot, which sucks, and what do you know, they had it. I haven't had dinner yet but like I do with every new ice cream, I tried it as soon as I got home. The chocolate flavor is intense and really good. Caramel is always my go to and even though it wasn't the predominant flavor I was completely fine with that. This ice cream had the biggest chunks of cookie dough I have ever seen as a mix in. I highly recommend it but beware that a serving is 310 calories.

JfIklrJ.jpg?1

nN2Bel3.jpg

That looks so good !
  • Ninkyou
    Options

nN2Bel3.jpg

Yum!!
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Day 1 - In honor of the new thread I went to get something new. I was excited to try this but couldn't find it earlier anywhere I went. I decided to give Pathmark a shot, which sucks, and what do you know, they had it. I haven't had dinner yet but like I do with every new ice cream, I tried it as soon as I got home. The chocolate flavor is intense and really good. Caramel is always my go to and even though it wasn't the predominant flavor I was completely fine with that. This ice cream had the biggest chunks of cookie dough I have ever seen as a mix in. I highly recommend it but beware that a serving is 310 calories.

JfIklrJ.jpg?1

nN2Bel3.jpg

I thought you would like this one, the 310 is a bit rough but oh so worth it. Poor Leo locked up!

Oh and I'm definitely IN! We're celebrating Pi Day with trip to the cheese shop which also serves really good gelato, a pastry shop for some macarons, a few others ones and then the tour of places giving free pie. I will try to remember pictures
  • Swiftdogs
    Swiftdogs Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    IN! This will require some planning ...
  • Spambo16
    Spambo16 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    New to the group, but lured in by my dessert-loving friends. In!
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    In!!!!!!

Ooh, public shaming.

And in. Not sure what goodies are in store for today since we all bring different different stuff to gaming, but I'll update later. And there shall be pizza in celebration of pi day.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Swiftdogs wrote: »
    IN! This will require some planning ...

As with any good cleanse, you need to prepare... B)

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Day 1 - Talenti Caramel Apple Pie, Lindt molten lava cake chocolate (I spent $80 at Lindt with the 50% sale yesterday so there's going to be a lot of chocolate in this cleanse).