Spring "Cleanse" - A 33 Day Tribute to Pie, Peeps and Cadbury Creme Eggs

Options

Replies

• auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Ninkyou wrote: »
    Day 1: Tastykake Pancake Krimpets & Turkey Hill Chocolate Peanut Butter Gelato
    Day 2: Talenti Caramel Cookie Crunch
    Day 3: Krispy Kreme Chocolate Cookie Dough Doughnut and A regular glazed 'hot of the rollers' doughnut & Turkey Hill Salted Caramel Gelato

20150316_083018.jpg
    sea-salted-caramel-gelato.jpg

Is that just cookie dough plopped in the middle of a doughnut? I heard krispy kreme was coming back to Houston (apparently we ran them out with a lawsuit not too long after I moved here). I wasn't excited about that until I saw this cookie dough doughnut....
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    1- cookies and cream pie. Peanut butter pie. Pepperoni pizza pie. Sam Adams winter brew. Tube of thin mints. Box of doh si dohs.
    2- tube of thin mints,serving of tonight dough,serving of salted peanut caramel.
    3-more thin mints.a lot more.

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    auddii wrote: »
    Ninkyou wrote: »
    Day 1: Tastykake Pancake Krimpets & Turkey Hill Chocolate Peanut Butter Gelato
    Day 2: Talenti Caramel Cookie Crunch
    Day 3: Krispy Kreme Chocolate Cookie Dough Doughnut and A regular glazed 'hot of the rollers' doughnut & Turkey Hill Salted Caramel Gelato

20150316_083018.jpg
    sea-salted-caramel-gelato.jpg

Is that just cookie dough plopped in the middle of a doughnut? I heard krispy kreme was coming back to Houston (apparently we ran them out with a lawsuit not too long after I moved here). I wasn't excited about that until I saw this cookie dough doughnut....

Sort of. It's kind of like a creme filling, but it tastes like cookie dough and has the chocolate chips in it. It was actually really good.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Day 1: Triple berry pie
    Day 2: triple berry pie and white chocolate snickerdoodles
    Day 3: cadbury mini eggs

• WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    Day 1: cherry strudel
    Day 2: chocolate chip pancakes
    Day 3: pecan bun. My free birthday pastry from Panera. Only regret is not having a microwave to warm it before devouring
    p2pzmran3phh.jpg
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    Days 1 and 2 triple berry pie a la mode
    Day 3: dinner meeting. German chocolate cake for dessert

meh9z4bkmns4.jpg
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Day 1: cherry strudel
    Day 2: chocolate chip pancakes
    Day 3: pecan bun. My free birthday pastry from Panera. Only regret is not having a microwave to warm it before devouring
    p2pzmran3phh.jpg

I didn't know that Panera gave free pastries for your birthday! I'm a snob though... There are so many delicious bakeries in the area, I don't like spending my calories on Panera stuff...
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    Day 1: chocolate cream pie and blackberry pie
    Day 2: blackberry pie and banana cream pie
    Day 3: blackberry pie and banana cream pie again! Still yum! (Also some jelly belly's)
  • sunburntgalaxy
    sunburntgalaxy Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Ok so I made Funfetti Dip to take to work tomorrow for our pot luck and had to try it - OMG so good! But totally think it makes a nice snack on it's own and doesn't need the cookies to dip in it. So I have decided to take a bit of that as a snack and that still leaves me room for 2 mini cupcakes. So all in all a good day if you ask me.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    mathjulz wrote: »
    Day 2

breyers-gelato.jpg

I really like this gelato ... not quite as good as Talenti, but still amazing.

This was my first time trying gelato EVER!! It was delicious. :)

Day 3 - Just some dark chocolate from Trader Joe's. :p
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    Day 3: Cold Fusion Hazelnut Gelato is far more satisfactory when served in a 50/50 ratio with Talenti Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    Day 2: I was wanting volume so I had like 2.5 servings of Edy's Slow Churned Cinnamon Bun Ice Cream

Day 3: 120 g Haagen Dazs Sea Salt Caramel Gelato
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Day 3: Breyer's Gelato Indulgences Triple Chocolate
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Day 1: Chocolate pie, apple pie, and buttermilk pie.
    Day 2: Cadbury caramel egg and blue bell mardi gras ice cream.
    Day 3: Cadbury caramel egg and Dryers salted caramel and pretzel frozen custard.
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    Day 3: Talenti hazelnut chocolate chip ice cream with a Cadbury creme egg
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Ok so I made Funfetti Dip to take to work tomorrow for our pot luck and had to try it - OMG so good! But totally think it makes a nice snack on it's own and doesn't need the cookies to dip in it. So I have decided to take a bit of that as a snack and that still leaves me room for 2 mini cupcakes. So all in all a good day if you ask me.

I meant to respond to this last night. A few years ago a friend brought funfetti dip to a holiday party. I asked for the recipe and she said, "it's from Pinterest!" I had never heard of it... 3 years, and thousands of Pins later, I'm an addict. I haven't had that dip since, but I remember loving it...
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Day 1: pain au Chocolat and homemade Blueberry pie
    Day 2: chocolate cake donut, Cadbury Mini Eggs, roasted Peeps
    Day 3: Chobani Salted Caramel Pretzel Flip (so awesome!), and thin mints. I have calories left for gelato but I think I'm saving them for later in the week...
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Day 1: Talenti Double Dark Chocolate
    Day 2: Talenti Salted Caramel Pop
    Day 3: Cadbury Chocolate Creme Egg (Good, but IMO not worth the calories. But I bought a box of four, and gosh darn it I will eat all four.)

And OMG, that Lindt Popcorn bar is GENIUS!
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Day 1: Peeps
    Day 2: Almond pastry (filled with almond paste).
    Day 3: Mission Hill Creamery Ricotta & Fig ice cream. Already posted this in the forums, but here it is.

3p4luqsar1xj.jpg