Spring "Cleanse" - A 33 Day Tribute to Pie, Peeps and Cadbury Creme Eggs

Options

Replies

• juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    Kruggeri wrote: »
    ceoverturf wrote: »
    Well I left for the gym, and when I got back the butterfinger & reese's ones were gone...so I went for the cookie dough one (top left with choc chips on top). AMAZEBALLS!

I was going to ask for a clockwise description of the flavors...

Top Left - cookie dough
    Top Middle - cookies & cream
    Top right - peanut butter oatmeal cookie
    Bottom right - apple streudel
    Bottom middle - birthday cake
    bottom left - butterfinger
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Day 1: Triple berry pie
    Day 2: triple berry pie and white chocolate snickerdoodles
    Day 3: mini cadbury creme eggs
    Day 4: Chai Latte ice cream
    Day 5: Breyer's Strawberry Truffle gelato indulgences
    Day 6: Haagen Dazs Spiced Pecan Turtle and a cadbury creme egg cupcake.
    Day 7: cadbury creme egg cupcake
    Day 8: cadbury creme egg cupcake and Haagen Dazs pralines and cream
    Day 9: the last cadbury egg cupcake, 2 tagalongs/peanut butter patties and Gelato Fiasco dark chocolate sea salt caramel
    Day 10: Talenti Salted Peanut Caramel and a lemon scone
    Day 11: Lemon scone and Tonight Dough
    Day 12: Gelato Fiasco dark chocolate sea salt caramel, lemon scone, mini cadbury egg
    Day 13: Talenti Raspberry Cheesecake, the last scone, and a couple of cadbury mini creme eggs
    Day 14: Haagen Dazs Chocolate Caramelized Oat
    Day 15: Challah stuffed french toast, Gelato Fiasco dark chocolate caramel
    Day 16: challah french toast and Talenti Southern Butter Pecan
    Day 17: Tonight Dough and tagalongs
    Day 18: Talenti Sea Salt Caramel, one party cake peep, and one peep s'more. We made them in the oven under the broiler since we don't have a fire handy.

465eadda-abc5-447d-b7a2-786bd7d788ba_zpsbd8ahid1.jpg

b0c5d008-1ac1-4f3f-bac8-1916f11e3e8e_zpslf1outow.jpg

You were right, Karen, that just takes s'mores to a whole new level.

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Day 1: Triple berry pie
    Day 2: triple berry pie and white chocolate snickerdoodles
    Day 3: mini cadbury creme eggs
    Day 4: Chai Latte ice cream
    Day 5: Breyer's Strawberry Truffle gelato indulgences
    Day 6: Haagen Dazs Spiced Pecan Turtle and a cadbury creme egg cupcake.
    Day 7: cadbury creme egg cupcake
    Day 8: cadbury creme egg cupcake and Haagen Dazs pralines and cream
    Day 9: the last cadbury egg cupcake, 2 tagalongs/peanut butter patties and Gelato Fiasco dark chocolate sea salt caramel
    Day 10: Talenti Salted Peanut Caramel and a lemon scone
    Day 11: Lemon scone and Tonight Dough
    Day 12: Gelato Fiasco dark chocolate sea salt caramel, lemon scone, mini cadbury egg
    Day 13: Talenti Raspberry Cheesecake, the last scone, and a couple of cadbury mini creme eggs
    Day 14: Haagen Dazs Chocolate Caramelized Oat
    Day 15: Challah stuffed french toast, Gelato Fiasco dark chocolate caramel
    Day 16: challah french toast and Talenti Southern Butter Pecan
    Day 17: Tonight Dough and tagalongs
    Day 18: Talenti Sea Salt Caramel, one party cake peep, and one peep s'more. We made them in the oven under the broiler since we don't have a fire handy.

465eadda-abc5-447d-b7a2-786bd7d788ba_zpsbd8ahid1.jpg

b0c5d008-1ac1-4f3f-bac8-1916f11e3e8e_zpslf1outow.jpg

You were right, Karen, that just takes s'mores to a whole new level.

Woo hoo a convert!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Day 18 taken care of for me by a banker friend who dropped these babies off at my office to help power us thru the last two weeks of tax season. Now...which to eat???

8ejfp7bwv4z0.jpg

Yum they all look good!
    Well I left for the gym, and when I got back the butterfinger & reese's ones were gone...so I went for the cookie dough one (top left with choc chips on top). AMAZEBALLS!

I would have picked that one or the one with the sprinkles.

Did it have anything in the middle?
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,564 Member
    Options
    Day 1: apple pie/Caramel Apple Pie Talenti
    Day 2: Ghirardelli 72% Cacao squares
    Day 3: Breyer's Gelato Indulgences Triple Chocolate
    Day 4: cinnamon and sugar popcorn/Edy's Slow Churned Mint Cookie Crunch/Hershey's syrup
    Day 5: Ben & Jerry's Chocolate Peppermint Crunch
    Day 6: Skinny Cow Mint Cone with Ganache
    Day 7: Edwards New York Cheesecake Single with chocolate coconut sauce
    Day 8: Dannon Creamery dark chocolate pudding and Crispy M&Ms
    Day 9: Skinny Cow Mint sandwich
    Day 10: Talenti Sea Salt Caramel
    Day 11: Ghirardelli Dark & Mint squares
    Day 12: Gelato Fiasco Dark Chocolate Caramel and Ghirardelli Dark/Sea Salt Caramel square
    Day 13: a snack size Reese's peanut butter egg and some Red Velvet Oreos
    Day 14: Peeps
    Day 15: Starburst Fave Reds jellybeans and graham crackers with brown sugar/cinnamon cream cheese
    Day 16: Talenti Sea Salt Caramel and chocolate chip cookies
    Day 17: Edy's Slow Churned Vanilla Bean with chocolate and caramel syrups
    Day 18: more chocolate chip cookies (I wish I could say they were special, but they're just Toll House)
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    Day 18: back on the wagon with a milkshake from Steak & Shake

Also, I didn't see what the fuss was before about ginormous pictures, but I clicked on this thread and got to see the cupcake picture that @ceoverturf posted in minute detail.
  • juggernaut1974
    Options
    Day 18: back on the wagon with a milkshake from Steak & Shake

Also, I didn't see what the fuss was before about ginormous pictures, but I clicked on this thread and got to see the cupcake picture that @ceoverturf posted in minute detail.

LOL sorry - I'm amazed I figured out how to post pics from my phone on here. It might take me several more years before I figure out how to resize them first.

@kellyjellybellyjelly - nothing in the middle of that one
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options

Top Left - cookie dough

Bottom middle both baffles and amuses me. How does one have a birthday cake flavored cupcake? That's not a flavor, it's just what it is. It's like saying you've got a bacon flavored slice of bacon.
  • sunburntgalaxy
    sunburntgalaxy Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Damn. That's the second pic I've seen of those Reeses's Oreos. I seriously need to find me some.
    Oh you may regret it - I finished the package in 2 days (and the first day I only had 2 because I had already had a bunch of other stuff). They are SO good.

Or if you don't want to have the same reaction I did I will lie and tell you they are awful - whichever you prefer.
  • sunburntgalaxy
    sunburntgalaxy Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Day 18: I had my sweets early today because today was our end of fiscal year (yes, for me fiscal 2016 starts tomorrow - how most of 2016 is in 2015 I will never understand), so our manager brought in pastries - not just Dunkin' Donuts, but real bakery stuff. I had an almond filled pastry - pretty much like a bear claw. I hate my job but I have to say the do have some tasty stuff in the office sometimes. Today is Gus and Stella's birthdays (more cats - we have a lot) so I plan to celebrate with the ice cream I didn't have yesterday too - Steve's Mexican Chili Chocolate (it turned out I had only 4 cupcakes left so I just ate all of them instead - they had been in the freezer at least 3 weeks and were still perfectly good but didn't want to risk much longer). Gus and Stella will be having a bit of ham (Gus is a hamaholic - he needs hamaholics anonymous).

z1afy3jwb9b5.jpg
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    Yum that almond pastry looks amazing. I keep meaning to make almond croissants but they take so long.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    1- cookies and cream pie. Peanut butter pie. Pepperoni pizza pie. Sam Adams winter brew. a tube of thin mints. Box of doh si dohs.
    2- tube of thin mints,serving of tonight dough,serving of salted peanut caramel.
    3-more thin mints.a lot more.
    4- half pint of Kroger caramel crunch with baby ruth.
    5-thin mints and chocolate chip cookie dough
    6- talenti chocolate chip cookie dough with added cookie dough.
    7-Most of a tube of thin mints. Some cookie dough.
    8- box of tre foils. I just said no to the girl scouts today. So only one box of samoas left.
    9-3 servings of talenti oatmeal raisin cookie and 1 if chocolate chip cookie dough. Both gone. Finally.
    10-pecan roll for breakfast. Breyers raspberry cheesecake for dessert.
    11-half pint of raspberry cheesecake talenti
    12- pumpkin spice muffin and half pint of raspberry cheesecake talenti
    13-damn pecan roll jumped into ma mouth. Baskin Robbins southern butter pecan.
    14-cold stone cake batter ice cream
    15-cold stone sweet cream ice cream
    16-talenti german chocolate cake
    17-some *kitten* *kitten* frozen yogurt. I let my daughter pick. Won't happen again.
    18-cream cheese Danish, speculoos cookie butter cheesecake bites.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options

Top Left - cookie dough

Bottom middle both baffles and amuses me. How does one have a birthday cake flavored cupcake? That's not a flavor, it's just what it is. It's like saying you've got a bacon flavored slice of bacon.

Lololol
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Day 1: Peeps
    Day 2: Almond pastry (filled with almond paste).
    Day 3: Mission Hill Creamery Ricotta & Fig ice cream.
    Day 4: McConnell's Chocolate Covered Strawberries Ice Cream.
    Day 5: A couple of TJ's Cookie Butter Cups.
    Day 6: Mission Hill Creamery Turkish Coffee ice cream.
    Day 7: More McConnell's Chocolate Covered Strawberries Ice Cream.
    Day 8: MIL waffles.
    Day 9: Generic raspberry pastry.
    Day 10: Raspberry Sponge Cake + a touch of Ricotta & Fig ice cream from Mission Hill.
    Day 11: Gelato Fiasco Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Caramel.
    Day 12: A bit of Jeni's Brambleberry Crisp and a bit of MH Ricotta & Fig. EDIT: and now a bit of Jeni's Whiskey & Pecans
    Day 13: MH Chocolate Covered Strawberries Ice Cream.
    Day 14: A couple of TJ's Cookie Butter Cups with some cheap red wine.
    Day 15: Just a touch of McConnell's Choc-Straw ice cream.
    Day 16: Blueberry donut.
    Day 17: Couple of GS Samoas cookies.

Day 18: Last bit of McConnell's Chocolate Covered Strawberries ice cream, and some MH Ricotta & Fig ice cream.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Day 17: blue bunny red carpet red velvet ice creamuw52nhf6h9cb.jpg

It wasn't until after I ate it that I realized technically it's "light" ice cream...dammit!! (It was still pretty rich). So lest I anger ye cleanse gods and goddesses I ate a couple thin mints too

I tried this once- it just made me sad. :( but i'm glad you like it- someone should- the idea of red velvet ice cream shouldn't go wasted on anyone.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options

Day 1 - Talenti caramel apple pie, Lindt chocolates (hazelnut torte and molten lava cake) and a Suchard rocher
    Day 2 - Graze seeds and fruit flapjack, pumpkin pie
    Day 3 - chocolate chip cannoli French toast, madeleine, strawberry shortcake, Lindt hazelnut torte
    Day 4 - Talenti chocolate chip cookie dough, Lindt hazelnut torte, chili and honey almond
    Day 5 - Lindt hazelnut torte, Lindt gianduja, Lindt molten lava cake
    Day 6 - butterscoth creme brulee with ice cream, Lindt sea salt caramel truffle, chocolate fudge pop tarts with Talenti frudge brownie
    Day 7 - Talenti raspberry cheesecake, Lindt molten lava cake
    Day 8 - chocolate almond croissant, Talenti salted peanut caramel
    Day 9 - Phins and Phebes coconut keylime ice cream, Lindt molte lava cake
    Day 10 - Lindt hazelnut torte, Trader Joe's cookie butter cheesecake bites
    Day 11 - Phins and Phebes coconut keylime ice cream, Friendly's celebration dessert roll, strawberry tarlette, Lindt sea salt caramel
    Day 12 - Lindt sea salt caramel, Trader joe's cookie butter cheesecake bites
    Day 13 - Last of the Friendly's celebration roll, lindt sea salt caramel
    Day 14 - Friendly's chocolate chip cookie dough sundae, Lindt hazelnut torte, Lindt giandujato
    Day 15 - boston cream donut, carrot cake donut, cheesecake donut, chocolate donut, coconut donut, blueberry scone muffin
    Day 16 - Banana French toast, mini cannoli, rice pudding, blueberry blintzer, apple crisp, pound cake
    Day 17 - Lindt sea salt caramel, Trader Joe's pumpkin kringle, Talenti salted peanut caramel
    Day 18 - Haagen Dazs applewood smoked caramel almond

We went out to a local ice cream place last night and I found this gem... cake batter ice cream with caramel swirl and caramel truffles. I was out of calories so I bought a pint, and had some this morning (don't judge). It's pretty good. Maybe not as creamy as I'd like, but I'll still have no problem finishing the pint. They called it 'jumping giraffe'. Will have to make it last though as again, I have no idea what the calories for it are, and I hate that.

That's probably it for the day, I'm just too hungry again. Maybe a piece of chocolate with coffee after lunch and a Yoplait whips though.
  • juggernaut1974
    Options
    Day 1: Triple Berry Pie a la mode
    Day 2: Triple Berry Pie
    Day 3: German chocolate cake
    Day 4: Guinness (and I may have sneaked the last 1/2 piece of pie..shhh)
    Day 5: 1 serving (my last one - gonna have to stock up) of choc peanut butter cup Talenti
    Day 6: 2 Peanut Butter Patty Girl Scout Cookies
    Day 7: 1 serving Hy Vee Double Chocolate gelato.
    Day 8: 2 Peanut Butter Sandwich Girl Scout Cookies; Strawberries with nutella
    Day 9: 1 serving Hy Vee Double Chocolate gelato
    Day 10: 1 serving Hy Vee Double Chocolate gelato
    Day 11: 1 serving Hy Vee Double Choclate gelato with 2 crushed Peanut Butter Patties mixed in (yay for extra calories leftover at the end of the day!)
    Day 12: 1 serving Hy Vee Double Chocolate gelato
    Day 13; Hy Vee Double Chocolate gelato
    Day 14: Talenti Southern Butter Pecan
    Day 15: Talenti Southern Butter Pecan (with a couple peanut butter patties crumbled up & mixed in)
    Day 16: Double Chocolate Gelato + Peanut Butter
    Day 17: Red Carpet Red Velvet Ice Cream & 2 thin mints
    Day 18: Gourmet Cookie Dough cupcake

Wednesday weigh in...Down another 1/2 lb, right on schedule!
    JoRocka wrote: »

It wasn't until after I ate it that I realized technically it's "light" ice cream...dammit!! (It was still pretty rich). So lest I anger ye cleanse gods and goddesses I ate a couple thin mints too

I tried this once- it just made me sad. :( but i'm glad you like it- someone should- the idea of red velvet ice cream shouldn't go wasted on anyone.

I think it was an internal defense mechanism...my brain made me think I liked it after I found out it was light ice cream.

No matter - my kids will polish it off I'm sure. I still have my Talenti.
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    Eh, I got bad at logging my treats, but I promise I've been indulging! Finally got some Gelato Fiasco...Maine Blueberry Crumble, quite tasty.
  • WinoGelato
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »

I tried it and didn't like it either. I agree, Red Velvet should always bring happiness...

• WinoGelato
    Options
    Day 1: blueberry pie
    Day 2: roasted peeps and Cadbury mini eggs
    Day 3: Girl Scout Doh Si Dohs
    Day 4: baileys and coffee
    Day 5: Green and Black 70% dark chocolate
    Day 6: chocolate chip and Spring M&M cookie, FroYo: snickerdoodle, graham cracker and cappucino yogurt (should have skipped cappucino) with heath bar and chocolate chips.
    Day 7: S'mores Donut Dessert from Tom+Chee, Fancy Chocolates from Cocoa Dolce
    Day 8: Savannah Smiles Girl Scout Cookies
    Day 9: Hostess Donettes, Fancy Chocolates
    Day 10: Cadbury Mini Eggs, Fancy Chocolates, Red Velvet Russell Stover Egg (terrible), Red Velvet Cupcake Wine (awesome)
    Day 11: Chobani Chocolate Haze Flipz (I seriously love these things) and the last of my Fancy Chocolates
    Day 12: Lemon Poppyseed Bread, Steve's Mexican Chili Chocolate Ice Cream
    Day 13: At work, some spring M&Ms, later bookclub! Cadbury Mini Dark Chocolate eggs and Lovely cupcakes from a local bakery. I had half a nutella, and half of a chocolate raspberry one.
    Day 14: Steve's Mexican Chili Chocolate Ice Cream
    Day 15: waffle iron cinnamon rolls and Jeni's Whiskey and Pecan ice cream
    Day 16: pancakes (blueberry and chocolate chip) and spring M&Ms
    Day 17: chocolate chunk and oatmeal raisin cookies from a work event
    Day 18: dark chocolate square at work and husband and I finished the pint of Jeni's Whiskey and Pecan ice cream.