Spring "Cleanse" - A 33 Day Tribute to Pie, Peeps and Cadbury Creme Eggs

Options

Replies

• chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    Day 17: I fell off the cleanse wagon. :( No treats.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Day 17: I fell off the cleanse wagon. :( No treats.

Quick, down some Peeps, stat! You can get back on track before too much damage is done!

• WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    Damn. That's the second pic I've seen of those Reeses's Oreos. I seriously need to find me some.
  • WillLift4Tats
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Day 1: cherry strudel
    Day 2: chocolate chip pancakes
    Day 3: pecan bun.
    Day 4: Pumpkin french toast
    Day 5: Reese's egg (the best of all the Reese's!)
    Day 6: Cadbury creme egg (first time I've ever had one if you can believe it. Verdict: way too sweet for me. Weird. Never thought I'd say that)
    Day 7: Talenti Banana Chocolate Swirl (first time for that too. Verdict: meh. I really thought I'd like the banana flavor more than I did. It was just kinda weird.)
    Day 8: Reese's peanut butter cup
    Day 9: Peanut butter cup ice cream
    Day 10: Miniature chocolate egg, Reese's peanut butter spread on a shortcake shell with bananas. (Sensing a theme here?)
    Day 11: miniature chocolate eggs, Peanut butter cup ice cream again. Totally could eat that every damn day.
    Day 12: lame. Toasted french bread with HEB Speculoos Cookie Butter. I need to go grocery shopping.
    Day 13: Reese's ice cream. Did not disappoint.
    Day 14: unintentional lunch of sugar and caffeine. Assorted DD doughnut holes and a pecan coconut cookie
    Day 15: me and my husband's favorite - Tiramisu Gelato. If we can't decide on a new flavor to try, this is what we get. So good.
    Day 16: Reese's ice cream cup again.
    Day 17: Ended up being a Reese's peanut butter cup (non-ice cream variety)

• auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Day 1: Chocolate pie, apple pie, and buttermilk pie.
    Day 2: Cadbury caramel egg and blue bell mardi gras ice cream.
    Day 3: Cadbury caramel egg and Dryers salted caramel and pretzel frozen custard.
    Day 4: Martin House Counterclockwise, Prairie Limo Tint, and Sierra Nevada Wild Hop Neomexicanus, and Cadbury caramel egg.
    Day 5: B&J salted caramel core.
    Day 6: Butterfinger and blue bell krazy kookie dough.
    Day 7: peanut butter chip cookie and 2 Italian margaritas
    Day 8: I Fried snickers, fried nutter butters, fried smores, and fried dough e o's.
    Day 9: Whatchamacallit and convict hill oatmeal stout.
    Day 10: Chocolate croissant from La Madeleine.
    Day 11: Snickers rockin' nut road, chocolate chip cookie, some chocolate covered butter cookies.
    Day 12: Snickers rockin' nut road, chocolate covered short bread.
    Day 13: Peanut butter twix.
    Day 14: (512) Pecan Porter milkshake!
    Day 15: Milkway simply caramel bites and got 8 samples of one off casked beers. Mostly Russian imperial stouts with some wee heavies, siracha blonds, and a double amber.
    Day 16: I'm going to count the fig chutney on top of my duck, bacon, and fig sausage as it was the sweetest item of the day.
    Day 17: Way too much mardi gras ice cream.
    Day 18: Sugar cookie. Again, there shall be much beer consumption tonight.

On a positive note, I did not notice that the boyfriend apparently ate large quantities of ice cream while I was out of town (for two days), and so he made it up to me by buying some Talenti. He didn't find any of the new flavors, but I guess I won't hold it against him since I wasn't a huge fan of the mardi gras anyways (which he mostly cleared out and I polished off).
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Damn. That's the second pic I've seen of those Reeses's Oreos. I seriously need to find me some.

I want to try them but I'd be the only one eating them (my kids don't like peanut butter), so I don't want to buy a whole box... Shame, lol.

Day 1 - Talenti caramel apple pie, Lindt chocolates (hazelnut torte and molten lava cake) and a Suchard rocher
    Day 2 - Graze seeds and fruit flapjack, pumpkin pie
    Day 3 - chocolate chip cannoli French toast, madeleine, strawberry shortcake, Lindt hazelnut torte
    Day 4 - Talenti chocolate chip cookie dough, Lindt hazelnut torte, chili and honey almond
    Day 5 - Lindt hazelnut torte, Lindt gianduja, Lindt molten lava cake
    Day 6 - butterscoth creme brulee with ice cream, Lindt sea salt caramel truffle, chocolate fudge pop tarts with Talenti frudge brownie
    Day 7 - Talenti raspberry cheesecake, Lindt molten lava cake
    Day 8 - chocolate almond croissant, Talenti salted peanut caramel
    Day 9 - Phins and Phebes coconut keylime ice cream, Lindt molte lava cake
    Day 10 - Lindt hazelnut torte, Trader Joe's cookie butter cheesecake bites
    Day 11 - Phins and Phebes coconut keylime ice cream, Friendly's celebration dessert roll, strawberry tarlette, Lindt sea salt caramel
    Day 12 - Lindt sea salt caramel, Trader joe's cookie butter cheesecake bites
    Day 13 - Last of the Friendly's celebration roll, lindt sea salt caramel
    Day 14 - Friendly's chocolate chip cookie dough sundae, Lindt hazelnut torte, Lindt giandujato
    Day 15 - boston cream donut, carrot cake donut, cheesecake donut, chocolate donut, coconut donut, blueberry scone muffin
    Day 16 - Banana French toast, mini cannoli, rice pudding, blueberry blintzer, apple crisp, pound cake
    Day 17 - Lindt sea salt caramel, Trader Joe's pumpkin kringle, Talenti salted peanut caramel

Day 18 - half a serving of Haagen Dazs applewood smoked caramel almond. Hungry today. Got to save calories for more substantial food, lol.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options

I just got some today too! Got them at Target.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    Day 18 taken care of for me by a banker friend who dropped these babies off at my office to help power us thru the last two weeks of tax season. Now...which to eat???

8ejfp7bwv4z0.jpg
  • Francl27
    Options
    ceoverturf wrote: »
    Day 18 taken care of for me by a banker friend who dropped these babies off at my office to help power us thru the last two weeks of tax season. Now...which to eat???

8ejfp7bwv4z0.jpg

Oh wow. I wouldn't know either.
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

8ejfp7bwv4z0.jpg

Just eat the icing off of all of them. Make sure to tell us about it because I'll be living vicariously.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Just close your eyes and grab one at random. They all look amazing.

• juggernaut1974
    Options

8ejfp7bwv4z0.jpg

Just eat the icing off of all of them. Make sure to tell us about it because I'll be living vicariously.

Ohhh...I like this idea. If I lick them all first does that mean I don't have to share with my staff?
  • WillLift4Tats
    Options

8ejfp7bwv4z0.jpg

droooool. Of course I would go with the one that is most obviously reese's cup...but I'm terribly predictable. They all look amazing
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options

8ejfp7bwv4z0.jpg

droooool. Of course I would go with the one that is most obviously reese's cup...but I'm terribly predictable. They all look amazing

That was my thought too. Butterfinger, I'm a little afraid of what the cupcake would be like. The crumble top looks really good too.
  • juggernaut1974
    Options
    Well I left for the gym, and when I got back the butterfinger & reese's ones were gone...so I went for the cookie dough one (top left with choc chips on top). AMAZEBALLS!
  • Francl27
    Options
    Well I left for the gym, and when I got back the butterfinger & reese's ones were gone...so I went for the cookie dough one (top left with choc chips on top). AMAZEBALLS!

I would have got that one, once I was sure it wasn't coffee, lol.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Day 1- Samoas
    Day 2- S'mores Rice Krispy Bar and some cinnamon cookies
    Day 3- Blue Bell Krazy Kookie Dough with some chocolate chips mixed in
    Day 4- Chocolate vanilla creme Pop-Tarts
    Day 5- Chocolate Chunk Rice Krispie and and a Cadbury chocolate egg
    Day 6- Pepperidge Farm Chessman cookies and Keebler Pecan Sandies
    Day 7- Pepperidge Farm cinnamon bun cookies
    Day 8- Do-si-dos and Endangered Species almond creme chocolate
    Day 9- Talenti coffee chocolate chip
    Day 10- The Tonight Dough and some mystery peeps
    Day 11- Frosted Easter Rice Krispie
    Day 12- Talenti coffee chocolate chip and a Russell Stover strawberry creme egg
    Day 13- Cold Stone Creamery funky, fun fudge egg and rainbow cakery egg
    Day 14- Russell Stover maple creme egg, Cadbury chocolate egg, and a Keebler Pecan Sandie
    Day 15- What was left of the Krazy Kookie Dough and a Starbucks birthday frapp
    Day 16- Lindt Popcorn chocolate bar, Samoas, and Kinder milk bars
    Day 17- Kinder Delice
    Day 18- Do-si-Dos- I think it's my new favorite Girl Scout cookie

I probably would have gone for the butterfinger cupcake as I really enjoyed it in ice cream.
  • WinoGelato
    Options

I was going to ask for a clockwise description of the flavors...

• WinoGelato
    Options
    Day 18- Do-si-Dos- I think it's my new favorite Girl Scout cookie

If you are a wine drinker, I have really enjoyed Do si Dos this year with a nice glass of pinot grigio...

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Today I made "Carrot Cake" Oatmeal cookies that I found on Pinterest. They turned out lame and weren't sweet at all. Ended up putting Marshmallow Creme on them just to make them edible. It was such a disappointing experience. So I made up for it by having a Haagen Dazs Strawberry Dark Chocolate Gelato Bar.