Spring "Cleanse" - A 33 Day Tribute to Pie, Peeps and Cadbury Creme Eggs

Replies

• WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    @sunburntgalaxy, I had no idea Oreo made those! Definitely adding to my next grocery search list

@Francl27, thank you! It was a birthday gift. The other side is some streets where the TARDIS hangs out when not 'in use'. When the mug is hot, it disappears from there and reappears in the stars on the other side :blush: Also, those doughnuts look to die for!

@iliftheavyacrylics, that challah french toast is making me drool.

Day 1: cherry strudel
    Day 2: chocolate chip pancakes
    Day 3: pecan bun.
    Day 4: Pumpkin french toast
    Day 5: Reese's egg (the best of all the Reese's!)
    Day 6: Cadbury creme egg (first time I've ever had one if you can believe it. Verdict: way too sweet for me. Weird. Never thought I'd say that)
    Day 7: Talenti Banana Chocolate Swirl (first time for that too. Verdict: meh. I really thought I'd like the banana flavor more than I did. It was just kinda weird.)
    Day 8: Reese's peanut butter cup
    Day 9: Peanut butter cup ice cream
    Day 10: Miniature chocolate egg, Reese's peanut butter spread on a shortcake shell with bananas. (Sensing a theme here?)
    Day 11: miniature chocolate eggs, Peanut butter cup ice cream again. Totally could eat that every damn day.
    Day 12: lame. Toasted french bread with HEB Speculoos Cookie Butter. I need to go grocery shopping.
    Day 13: Reese's ice cream. Did not disappoint.
    Day 14: unintentional lunch of sugar and caffeine. Assorted DD doughnut holes and a pecan coconut cookie
    Day 15: me and my husband's favorite - Tiramisu Gelato. If we can't decide on a new flavor to try, this is what we get. So good.
    - gqypkdxti1gj.jpg
    Day 16: Reese's ice cream cup again.
    Day 17: I believe this will be something with Reese's spread...

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    @sunburntgalaxy, I had no idea Oreo made those! Definitely adding to my next grocery search list

@Francl27, thank you! It was a birthday gift. The other side is some streets where the TARDIS hangs out when not 'in use'. When the mug is hot, it disappears from there and reappears in the stars on the other side :blush: Also, those doughnuts look to die for!

Day 6: Cadbury creme egg (first time I've ever had one if you can believe it. Verdict: way too sweet for me. Weird. Never thought I'd say that)
    Day 7: Talenti Banana Chocolate Swirl (first time for that too. Verdict: meh. I really thought I'd like the banana flavor more than I did. It was just kinda weird.)
    Day 10: Miniature chocolate egg, Reese's peanut butter spread on a shortcake shell with bananas. (Sensing a theme here?)
    Day 11: miniature chocolate eggs, Peanut butter cup ice cream again. Totally could eat that every damn day.
    Day 12: lame. Toasted french bread with HEB Speculoos Cookie Butter. I need to go grocery shopping.
    Day 14: unintentional lunch of sugar and caffeine. Assorted DD doughnut holes and a pecan coconut cookie
    Day 15: me and my husband's favorite - Tiramisu Gelato. If we can't decide on a new flavor to try, this is what we get. So good.
    - gqypkdxti1gj.jpg

OMG that gelato looks amazing. Looks like it would put the Breyers to shame.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    I was going to say the same thing about that Tiramisu gelato. So many mix-ins, I would have thought you added them yourself! Putting that on the list to get next time I'm at the store, I've seen that brand a few times but haven't tried it!
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Day 1- Samoas
    Day 2- S'mores Rice Krispy Bar and some cinnamon cookies
    Day 3- Blue Bell Krazy Kookie Dough with some chocolate chips mixed in
    Day 4- Chocolate vanilla creme Pop-Tarts
    Day 5- Chocolate Chunk Rice Krispie and and a Cadbury chocolate egg
    Day 6- Pepperidge Farm Chessman cookies and Keebler Pecan Sandies
    Day 7- Pepperidge Farm cinnamon bun cookies
    Day 8- Do-si-dos and Endangered Species almond creme chocolate
    Day 9- Talenti coffee chocolate chip
    Day 10- The Tonight Dough and some mystery peeps
    Day 11- Frosted Easter Rice Krispie
    Day 12- Talenti coffee chocolate chip and a Russell Stover strawberry creme egg
    Day 13- Cold Stone Creamery funky, fun fudge egg and rainbow cakery egg
    Day 14- Russell Stover maple creme egg, Cadbury chocolate egg, and a Keebler Pecan Sandie
    Day 15- What was left of the Krazy Kookie Dough and a Starbucks birthday frapp
    Day 16- Lindt Popcorn chocolate bar, Samoas, and Kinder milk bars
    Day 17- Kinder Delice- I prefer the milk bars but it was still pretty good!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    I don't think I've ever seen it-- where did you get it?
  • CooCooPuff
    edited March 2015
    JxZ2kvN.jpg
    From the tiramisu and affogato flavors alone, Siviero Maria is one of my favorite brands.

When I have ice cream space (I should make next week an ice cream cleanse because I've bought too much recently ;) ), I'm see if I can pick up a bigger tub of cappuccino or pistachio.

edit: I've picked it up at HEB.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    JxZ2kvN.jpg
    From the tiramisu and affogato flavors alone, Siviero Maria is one of my favorite brands.

When I have ice cream space (I should make next week an ice cream cleanse because I've bought too much recently ;) ), I'm see if I can pick up a bigger tub of cappuccino or pistachio.

We don't have HEB. :(
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member

- gqypkdxti1gj.jpg

I'm drooling.
  • CooCooPuff
    Dang. I remember someone saying they've seen it at their Kroger.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics

No Kroger either. :grumble:
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member

I never have, but since mine just added GF maybe this came along with it
  • WinoGelato
    Acrylics we had it at our local grocer (Schnucks) but I'm pretty sure you don't have one of those either! Is it a pint or a quart? Looks bigger than a pint....
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    No. I'll check Fresh Market and Whole Foods. Those are the only two places around that I rarely check.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    No. I'll check Fresh Market and Whole Foods. Those are the only two places around that I rarely check.

Not sure if all Whole Foods carry the same things but mine doesn't have it.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member

No Kroger either. :grumble:

Kroger is also Ralph's, King Soopers, Fry's Food, City Market, Dillons, Smith's Food and Drug, Quality Food Centers, Jay-C Foods, and Fred Meyer depending on where you are.

I shopped at a King Sooper when in Colorado, and the items they had were somewhat similar to my Kroger at home. It could be worth a try if you have an affiliate nearby.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Day 1: Chocolate pie, apple pie, and buttermilk pie.
    Day 2: Cadbury caramel egg and blue bell mardi gras ice cream.
    Day 3: Cadbury caramel egg and Dryers salted caramel and pretzel frozen custard.
    Day 4: Martin House Counterclockwise, Prairie Limo Tint, and Sierra Nevada Wild Hop Neomexicanus, and Cadbury caramel egg.
    Day 5: B&J salted caramel core.
    Day 6: Butterfinger and blue bell krazy kookie dough.
    Day 7: peanut butter chip cookie and 2 Italian margaritas
    Day 8: I Fried snickers, fried nutter butters, fried smores, and fried dough e o's.
    Day 9: Whatchamacallit and convict hill oatmeal stout.
    Day 10: Chocolate croissant from La Madeleine.
    Day 11: Snickers rockin' nut road, chocolate chip cookie, some chocolate covered butter cookies.
    Day 12: Snickers rockin' nut road, chocolate covered short bread.
    Day 13: Peanut butter twix.
    Day 14: (512) Pecan Porter milkshake!
    Day 15: Milkway simply caramel bites and got 8 samples of one off casked beers. Mostly Russian imperial stouts with some wee heavies, siracha blonds, and a double amber.
    Day 16: I'm going to count the fig chutney on top of my duck, bacon, and fig sausage as it was the sweetest item of the day. My calories were mostly spent on beer.
    10933760_10152828724301794_5139887805042273308_n.jpg?oh=e01e98c527f820e46c8c4749d98e8a3d&oe=55A29C99

Day 17: Way too much mardi gras ice cream, but finally finished off the half gallon. Now I finally have more room to go shopping...
  • WinoGelato
    Day 1: blueberry pie
    Day 2: roasted peeps and Cadbury mini eggs
    Day 3: Girl Scout Doh Si Dohs
    Day 4: baileys and coffee
    Day 5: Green and Black 70% dark chocolate
    Day 6: chocolate chip and Spring M&M cookie, FroYo: snickerdoodle, graham cracker and cappucino yogurt (should have skipped cappucino) with heath bar and chocolate chips.
    Day 7: S'mores Donut Dessert from Tom+Chee, Fancy Chocolates from Cocoa Dolce
    Day 8: Savannah Smiles Girl Scout Cookies
    Day 9: Hostess Donettes, Fancy Chocolates
    Day 10: Cadbury Mini Eggs, Fancy Chocolates, Red Velvet Russell Stover Egg (terrible), Red Velvet Cupcake Wine (awesome)
    Day 11: Chobani Chocolate Haze Flipz (I seriously love these things) and the last of my Fancy Chocolates
    Day 12: Lemon Poppyseed Bread, Steve's Mexican Chili Chocolate Ice Cream
    Day 13: At work, some spring M&Ms, later bookclub! Cadbury Mini Dark Chocolate eggs and Lovely cupcakes from a local bakery. I had half a nutella, and half of a chocolate raspberry one.
    Day 14: Steve's Mexican Chili Chocolate Ice Cream
    Day 15: waffle iron cinnamon rolls and Jeni's Whiskey and Pecan ice cream
    Day 16: pancakes (blueberry and chocolate chip) and spring M&Ms
    Day 17: chocolate chunk and oatmeal raisin cookies from a work event
  • WillLift4Tats

- gqypkdxti1gj.jpg

OMG that gelato looks amazing. Looks like it would put the Breyers to shame.

It's seriously the best. Nice thick swirls, little sponge cake pieces throughout, a generous coating of cocoa on top. The chocolate is just one little piece that says tiramisu and it's a small chunk that sits on top of the gelato once opened. My husband and I always split it.

And sorry, I have no idea where else it can be purchased other than HEB. :pensive: I'm surprised it isn't in a lot of stores. HEB is awesome for a few things, but usually it's the other way around and I can't find a lot of specialty stuff there.
  • WillLift4Tats
    JxZ2kvN.jpg

Affogato is next on our list to try! We also like the cappucino and the pistachio, but we just keep coming back to that tiramisu
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Today's cleanse item: Haagen-Dazs Ginger Molasses Cookie Ice Cream topped with Brown Sugared Bananas (AKA, my cheap alcohol-less version of Bananas Foster).

20150330_175210.jpg