Spring "Cleanse" - A 33 Day Tribute to Pie, Peeps and Cadbury Creme Eggs

Replies

• Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Kruggeri wrote: »
    Lucky for you the master of the cleanse happens to love beer, wine, and tipsy treats.

My day four treat is this:hlz1pemxlzhv.jpg

ceoverturf wrote: »

Sorry if beer doesn't count...it's like, my favorite treat.

I'm hoping it does...because I'm about to head out with some buddies to celebrate St. Patty's Day, and that's what I intend to use the rest of my calories (and perhaps a few "over") on.

This looks so good! I love Bailey's, I haven't had it in so long.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    1- cookies and cream pie. Peanut butter pie. Pepperoni pizza pie. Sam Adams winter brew. Tube of thin mints. Box of doh si dohs.
    2- tube of thin mints,serving of tonight dough,serving of salted peanut caramel.
    3-more thin mints.a lot more.
    4- half pint of Kroger caramel crunch with baby ruth.

• HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Day 3? 4? What am I up to?

I had homemade snickerdoodles and more than a little Sauvignon Blanc last night. I was photocopying all my tax crap and it was warranted.

What wasn't so bright was trying to pop up in a headstand while I was collating some documents. I MAY have clipped my calf on a table and now have a big, sore "egg" on it. :#
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    EWJLang wrote: »

I had homemade snickerdoodles and more than a little Sauvignon Blanc last night. I was photocopying all my tax crap and it was warranted.

What wasn't so bright was trying to pop up in a headstand while I was collating some documents. I MAY have clipped my calf on a table and now have a big, sore "egg" on it. :#

You did a headstand while drinking wine and doing your taxes??? That's awesome!

I believe discomfort or pain is to be expected during a cleanse, so sounds like you're doing it right!
  • dennie24
    dennie24 Posts: 251 Member
    Day 1: Dreyer's sales caramel pretzel frozen custard
    Day 2: Breyer's strawberry truffle gelato indulgences
    Day 3: Coffee and donut cupcake
    Day 4: Starburst jelly beans and Dreyer's peanut butter cup
    Day 5: Talenti raspberry cheesecake
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    kimny72 wrote: »
    EWJLang wrote: »

You did a headstand while drinking wine and doing your taxes??? That's awesome!

I believe discomfort or pain is to be expected during a cleanse, so sounds like you're doing it right!

Drunken yoga and gymnastics is generally a bad idea, in my experience. I mean, from what I've witnessed. Not that I've done any of this. At least not since college. As far as you all know.

• WinoGelato
    Lucky for you the master of the cleanse happens to love beer, wine, and tipsy treats.

My day four treat is this:hlz1pemxlzhv.jpg

ceoverturf wrote: »

Sorry if beer doesn't count...it's like, my favorite treat.

I'm hoping it does...because I'm about to head out with some buddies to celebrate St. Patty's Day, and that's what I intend to use the rest of my calories (and perhaps a few "over") on.

This looks so good! I love Bailey's, I haven't had it in so long.

My favorite after dinner drink is a Nutty Irishman. Decaf with Bailey's, Frangelico and Jameson. All I had last night was Bailey's. <sad panda>

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    I love Bailey's. I've got a bottle in my fridge from making car bomb cupcakes but I rarely drink so it's just sitting there. I wonder how long it lasts-- anyone know?
  • WinoGelato
    I love Bailey's. I've got a bottle in my fridge from making car bomb cupcakes but I rarely drink so it's just sitting there. I wonder how long it lasts-- anyone know?

Well, I am not sure if this is the right answer, but my Bailey's has been on my bar shelf, (not even in the fridge), open, for at least a year. I drank it last night and am still here to tell the tale...

Also, here is another awesome use for Bailey's that may be relevant to your interests:

http://www.food.com/recipe/pudding-shots-alcoholic-107198
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Day 1: Chocolate Peanut butter pie, french toast cupcake, Chocopologie burnt caramel & hawaiian sea salt chocolate square, Cup of Joe Macaron
    Day 2: Orange creamsicle macaron, Irish car bomb cupcake, and more of the Chocopologie which is very good but not worth the price.
    Day 3: Smores macaron, Irish car bomb cupcake
    Day 4: Talenti Raspberry Cheesecake & Shamrock shake
    Day 5: 2 servings Talenti Coffee Toffee, Strawberry milkshake
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics

Well, I am not sure if this is the right answer, but my Bailey's has been on my bar shelf, (not even in the fridge), open, for at least a year. I drank it last night and am still here to tell the tale...

Also, here is another awesome use for Bailey's that may be relevant to your interests:

http://www.food.com/recipe/pudding-shots-alcoholic-107198

Yum
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    edited March 2015
    - Day 1: Blackberry/Raspberry Pie- home made- fresh homemade whip cream and some sea salt caramel Talenti (felt meh about it)
    - Day 2: Talenti: Vanilla Bean + Chocolate Chip
    - Day 3- dark chocolate Hershey's kisses + 1.5 serving of Talenti Chocolate Chip Gelato
    - Day 4 has begun with a delicious apple coffee cake- and ended with Jelly Beans and 1.5 servings of Talenti Vanilla Bean gelato
    - Day 5- Duncan Hines Yellow Cake + chocolate frosting and jelly beans

I have a jelly bean problem

• juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    JoRocka wrote: »
    - Day 1: Blackberry/Raspberry Pie- home made- fresh homemade whip cream and some sea salt caramel Talenti (felt meh about it)
    - Day 2: Talenti: Vanilla Bean + Chocolate Chip
    - Day 3- dark chocolate Hershey's kisses + 1.5 serving of Talenti Chocolate Chip Gelato
    - Day 4 has begun with a delicious apple coffee cake- and ended with Jelly Beans and 1.5 servings of Talenti Vanilla Bean gelato
    - Day 5- Duncan Hines Yellow Cake + chocolate frosting and jelly beans

I have a jelly bean problem

Please tell me they're at least the traditional flavor ones (ie green = lime) and not all these stupid new-fangled ones where green is sour apple, red is cinnamon etc, pink is watermelon.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Day 1- Samoas
    Day 2- S'mores Rice Krispy Bar and some cinnamon cookies
    Day 3- Blue Bell Krazy Kookie Dough with some chocolate chips mixed in
    Day 4- Chocolate vanilla creme Pop-Tarts
    Day 5- Chocolate Chunk Rice Krispie and and a Cadbury chocolate egg
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Day 1: Haagen Dazs Caramelized Banana Chip Gelato
    Day 2: Edy's Slow-Churned Cinnamon Bun Ice Cream
    Day 3: Haagen Dazs Sea Salt Caramel Gelato
    Day 4: Peanut Butter Chocolate Pancakes and bacon, and a shower beer.

Day 5: Four Keebler Fudge Shoppe Cheesecake Middles cookies and two porch beers. Last day of pretty weather this week, so I thought I'd enjoy it. The cookies were good though, I'll probably buy them again.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    edited March 2015
    Day 1: Triple berry pie
    Day 2: triple berry pie and white chocolate snickerdoodles
    Day 3: mini cadbury creme eggs
    Day 4: Chai Latte ice cream
    Day 5: Breyer's Strawberry Truffle gelato indulgences

d0f7e7ef-49de-4052-9c92-47c206521afe_zpsuejb9tyc.jpg

Okay so . . . I'm pretty sure Gelato Fiasco dark chocolate caramel has ruined all other low calorie ice creams for me. This one is pretty good-- it's got a fluffy strawberry base, chocolate ribbon, and chocolate truffles-- but it's 160 calories, and it's nowhere near as good as the GF which is 170. I enjoyed it but I don't think I'll buy it again.
  • 29_adjacent
    29_adjacent Posts: 104 Member
    Day 1: Lindt Roasted Sesame Dark Chocolate
    Day 2: Waitrose Pistachio Gelato
    Days 3&4: Cadbury Milk Tray

Day 5:

m2jisif1mmgq.jpg

• Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Day 1: chocolate cream pie and blackberry pie
    Day 2: blackberry pie and banana cream pie
    Day 3: blackberry pie and banana cream pie again! Still yum! (Also some jelly belly's)
    Day 4: I had blackberry pie again for breakfast (Seriously, none of the kids are eating it, I've had 5.5 of the 7 pieces consumed. But it's okay, just more for me, :smiley: ). I also had a Snickers with Almonds this afternoon.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Day 4: Talenti Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup
    Day 5: Turkey Hill Chocolate Peanut Butter Gelato
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    mathjulz wrote: »
    Day 1: chocolate cream pie and blackberry pie
    Day 2: blackberry pie and banana cream pie
    Day 3: blackberry pie and banana cream pie again! Still yum! (Also some jelly belly's)
    Day 4: I had blackberry pie again for breakfast (Seriously, none of the kids are eating it, I've had 5.5 of the 7 pieces consumed. But it's okay, just more for me, :smiley: ). I also had a Snickers with Almonds this afternoon.

My husband is helping with ours either. It's my own fault though-- the only kind of pie he likes is apple and I knew that when I made the berry pie. But I wanted berries, dammit.