Spring "Cleanse" - A 33 Day Tribute to Pie, Peeps and Cadbury Creme Eggs

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Day 4: Had to forgo the sweet treats today. Went out to lunch with some coworkers and don't have room. Does shrimp ravioli count as a cleansing food? Or am I going to gain all my weight plus everyone else's?

I don't know but it sounds delicious.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Day 4: Had to forgo the sweet treats today. Went out to lunch with some coworkers and don't have room. Does shrimp ravioli count as a cleansing food? Or am I going to gain all my weight plus everyone else's?

I will allow it. You have to go to the chalkboard and write, "I pledge to always eat premium ice cream and sweets from now on" 100 times though.

• chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Kruggeri wrote: »

I will allow it. You have to go to the chalkboard and write, "I pledge to always eat premium ice cream and sweets from now on" 100 times though.

Alright, cool. I was afraid I was going to have to do a Peep enema or something.
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member

Alright, cool. I was afraid I was going to have to do a Peep enema or something.

Oh dear Lord . . . the imagery. I can't unsee that.

• WinoGelato

Nah, there is no peep enema. Now there is a Sugar Free Gummy Bear enema, but that is the punishment for claiming Arctic Zero or Frozen Bananas taste the same as regular ice cream...

• Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Day 1: Peeps
    Day 2: Almond pastry (filled with almond paste).
    Day 3: Mission Hill Creamery Ricotta & Fig ice cream.
    Day 4: McConnell's Chocolate Covered Strawberries Ice Cream.

It isn't actual chocolate covered strawberries, rather, a generous mix of dark chocolate bits and strawberries. The strawberry flavor seemed to almost infuse the sweet cream base (in a good way) and the little bits of chocolate added a nice texture and flavor. At the first bite I had the strongest sense of a childhood flavor or memory, but for the life of me couldn't place it. But excellent ice cream!

zf9n7v81rk37.jpg

• 29_adjacent
    29_adjacent Posts: 104 Member
    Day 1:

ej5m7k4b3txx.jpg

Day 2:

yxv95cinbkgz.jpg

Day 3 & 4:

mck3mirnuvll.jpg

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    edited March 2015
    0rqtvgjz3rcy.jpg

Went with the Edy's. Mint Cookie Crunch. And a bit of syrup.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Day 1: Haagen Dazs Caramelized Banana Chip Gelato
    Day 2: Edy's Slow-Churned Cinnamon Bun Ice Cream
    Day 3: Haagen Dazs Sea Salt Caramel Gelato

Day 4: Peanut Butter Chocolate Pancakes and bacon, and one of these:
    3pxDh0I.jpg

Sorry if beer doesn't count...it's like, my favorite treat.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member

3pxDh0I.jpg

I'm hoping it does...because I'm about to head out with some buddies to celebrate St. Patty's Day, and that's what I intend to use the rest of my calories (and perhaps a few "over") on.
  • dennie24
    dennie24 Posts: 251 Member
    Day 1: Dreyer's salted caramel pretzel frozen custard
    Day 2: Breyer's strawberry truffle gelato indulgences
    Day 3: Coffee and donut cupcake
    Day 4: Starburst jelly beans and my fav low cal ice cream, Dreyer's slow churned peanut butter cup
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Day 1: Talenti Double Dark Chocolate
    Day 2: Talenti Salted Caramel Pop
    Day 3: Cadbury Chocolate Creme Egg
    Day 4: Chocolate cupcake with green icing and sprinkles
  • WinoGelato
    Lucky for you the master of the cleanse happens to love beer, wine, and tipsy treats.

My day four treat is this:hlz1pemxlzhv.jpg

ceoverturf wrote: »

I'm hoping it does...because I'm about to head out with some buddies to celebrate St. Patty's Day, and that's what I intend to use the rest of my calories (and perhaps a few "over") on.

• PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    edited March 2015
    Elaine, I heart you and your writing style.

MrM that banana custard pie looks incredible. Biscuits though? Hmmm.

Karen, my pie tasted amazing but it was super runny. I also made it with fresh berries (blackberries, raspberries, and blueberries) and I wondered if I might have put too much sugar or something to make it so liquidy on the inside. I'm not sure what went wrong with my dough that made it all melty either. But my friend who doesn't like sweets asked if she could keep some of the leftovers so I guess that's pretty high praise.

I'm late to the pie tips party, but I always put tapioca in my fruit pies to firm them up. It doesn't give you little pearls, it just firms up the juices.

Everyone's cleansing looks delicious.

Mine has been all gelato, all the time.

I need that dark chocolate popcorn bar. I'll have to head over to Target.

• PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member

3pxDh0I.jpg

Your manicure is amazing. I love the jelly sandwich dots.

• auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Day 1: Chocolate pie, apple pie, and buttermilk pie.
    Day 2: Cadbury caramel egg and blue bell mardi gras ice cream.
    Day 3: Cadbury caramel egg and Dryers salted caramel and pretzel frozen custard.
    Day 4: Most extra calories went to beer (Martin House Counterclockwise, Prairie Limo Tint, and Sierra Nevada Wild Hop Neomexicanus). Also did have the last Cadbury caramel egg.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Day 1: Ghirardelli Dark Cherry Tango & Barber Foods Cream Brie & Apple stuffed chicken breasts
    Day 2: 1.5 servings of Mini Butterfinger Cups & made a Caramel Rice cake sandwich with Maranatha Creamy Raw Maple Butter
    Day 3: Chocolate covered bing cherry & tortilla microwaved with cookie butter
    Day 4: Barber Foods Cream Brie & Apple stuffed chicken breasts & the rest of the Bing Chocolate Cherries
    Day 5: The rest of the Nestle Butterfinger Cup Minis
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Day 1 - Talenti caramel apple pie, Lindt chocolates (hazelnut torte and molten lava cake) and a Suchard rocher
    Day 2 - Graze seeds and fruit flapjack, pumpkin pie
    Day 3 - chocolate chip cannoli French toast, madeleine, strawberry shortcake, Lindt hazelnut torte
    Day 4 - Talenti chocolate chip cookie dough, Lindt hazelnut torte, chili and honey almond Day 5 - Lindt hazelnut torte, Lindt gianduja
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    OK whew...glad to know.

My Day 4 treat (not my usual flavor, but figured in honor of St. Patty's I had better have a Guinness or 3

guinness_zpslr3khupl.jpg
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member

3pxDh0I.jpg

Your manicure is amazing. I love the jelly sandwich dots.

Thank you! I'm a little obsessed with nail art....haha :smiley: