Spring "Cleanse" - A 33 Day Tribute to Pie, Peeps and Cadbury Creme Eggs

Options

Replies

• GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Day 1: Chocolate Peanut butter pie, french toast cupcake, Chocopologie burnt caramel & hawaiian sea salt chocolate square, Cup of Joe Macaron - had to start the cleanse off right
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    Day 1 - Breyers Girl Scout Thin Mints ice cream!!

breyers+blasts+girl+scouts+thin+mint+cookie+quart.jpg
  • dennie24
    dennie24 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Hi, everyone. I hope it's alright if I join in here. I haven't posted anything in the group as I don't eat anything particularly exciting but I have found out about some wonderful treats from you guys so I figure a good cleanse may just be what I need. Today I had some Dreyer's salted caramel pretzel frozen custard. I am still on the lookout for the Tonight Dough also.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    dennie24 wrote: »
    Hi, everyone. I hope it's alright if I join in here. I haven't posted anything in the group as I don't eat anything particularly exciting but I have found out about some wonderful treats from you guys so I figure a good cleanse may just be what I need. Today I had some Dreyer's salted caramel pretzel frozen custard. I am still on the lookout for the Tonight Dough also.

Welcome to the group!! Join in and it's a great place to learn about new stuff
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Day 1: half a Marie Callender's individual apple pie with Caramel Apple Pie Talenti (we had no vanilla ice cream left. I is sad. But this takes away the sad.)
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Day 1: Triple berry pie (much prettier once it was cut.

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Day 1: Tastykake Pancake Krimpets & Turkey Hill Chocolate Peanut Butter Gelato
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    Marie Callender's Chicken Pot Pie
    Marie Callender's Razzleberry Pie
    Cookies and Cream Pie
    Bakery Strawberry Rhubarb Pie.

My work here is done.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    1- cookies and cream pie. Peanut butter pie. Pepperoni pizza pie. Sam Adams winter brew. Tube of thin mints. Box of doh si dohs.
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I felt I could only start this cleanse in a certain way - despite it being Pi day.

m50fpyzojjc4.jpg
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    Kicking off my cleanse in appropriate pi day stylefyxdxxg6kuil.jpg
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    I didn't have time to stockup yet, so I had to go with what I had for today, Talenti Double Dark Chocolate

uph9t4cqt2bs.jpg

Tomorrow I plan to really fill up the pantry/freezer because I believe having everything close at hand is really the key to a successful cleanse. I'm thinking lots of peep variations, some PB-containing candies, and I'm hoping to find some of the new Talenti flavors.

Out of curiosity, does hot cocoa count? Sometimes that is my late snack if I'm running out of calories. If not, I will just have to focus like a laser on my goal :)
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »

Day 1 - Banana custard pie - Vanilla ice cream, custard, biscuits, sliced bananas

mDSqdal.jpg?1

NEED!
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    For those new to the group and to the cleansing concept, welcome! We are very flexible with what is accepted on the cleanse so yes, hot chocolate is allowed!

Day 1: half a pain au chocolat, half a piece of blueberry pie.

Kind of disappointed in my pie. I used fresh blueberries and they were way too tart, or I didn't use nearly enough sugar... Vanilla ice cream would have helped a lot but I haven't bought plain vanilla ice cream since I first discovered this group last year LOL.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    I want to welcome all the new members that have joined in the last week or so. Hopefully you guys enjoy it here and stay active. We are all a pretty chill group of people that love to appreciate food and show it off.

I would like to thank @Kruggeri for setting this cleanse up. I would also like to thank all the other members of this group that have been very active over the last couple of months. You guys are all awesome friends. True friends.

Now, this is how we do dessert!!!!

We went to the city to try this bakery I read great things about. Dessert Club. http://www.dessertclubnyc.com/index2.php?v=v1#!/HOME

Day 1 - Banana custard pie - Vanilla ice cream, custard, biscuits, sliced bananas

mDSqdal.jpg?1

Salted Caramel macaroon
    7PjwESi.jpg?2

vUvNeAM.jpg?1

Boston cream puff
    7ACftqO.jpg?1

Dora had an Apple Crisp Tart
    md4vWEk.jpg?1

Time to convince the BFF that we need to go here when we come to town
  • sunburntgalaxy
    sunburntgalaxy Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Well since it was Pi day of course I had to have pie. But being lazy we just picked some up at Bakers Square. I decided to try the mint brownie blast and it was pretty good but I wish I had gone with banana cream pie instead. Luckily I did get a slice of that so I will most likely have that tomorrow. I am not normally a big pie eater but I do love banana cream pie and most of the time I also like chocolate cream pies. But I usually only have any once or twice a year. I was hoping it would be like thin mint like but it was more mint, less chocolate.
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    EWJLang wrote: »
    I'm in, and I'm going to challenge those of you who are TRULY HARDCORE to take it with me to the next level.

I hereby solemnly swear to adhere to the spring cleanse regimen to the best of my ability, from US Ultimate Pi Day (3.14.15) to European Ultimate Pie Day (31.4.15) In this time, I shall manage my food intake every day, in keeping with the last 5-10 pounds +recomp which are my goal, but not to the point of denying myself the sweet, sweet nectar of creamy frozen goodness.

This, I say! It is my sworn duty as a wee woman of a Certain Age, that I shalt protect and build my bones through picking up heavy stuff, putting it down again, and shoveling dairy products down my gullet.

Sworn this day of Pi.

Elaine

:grinning: I'm LOLing! I think I'm here with you! (Well, except my goal is to lose about 5 pounds by May). I need to be better about macros and overall intake!