What exercises are you doing and how often?

Options
2»

Replies

• zacksnana
    zacksnana Posts: 3,230 Member
    Options
    I've done videos and classes and found classes easier to follow.
  • wandeyu76
    wandeyu76 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I roller skate a lot, and run on treadmill for cardio. I do strength training once in awhile, but not as much as I want or should.

I tried bodhi barre, which is like the pure barre franchisr, and it was so awesome! I got noticeably stronger, toned and bendier in just a month of classes. Unfortunately it was too expensive for me to keep it going. But if you can afford it, I highly recommend it. It will change the shape of your body in an awesome way. Especislly if you're like me and don't like to do strength stuff on your own.
  • Maquillage_
    Maquillage_ Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I'm currently following fitnessblender's 4 week reach program which is a mix of Pilates, yoga and stretching. I do this daily :)
  • elvy1979
    elvy1979 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I started the insanity program today. I am going to do it daily when I come home from work.
  • Maquillage_
    Maquillage_ Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    elvy1979 wrote: »
    I started the insanity program today. I am going to do it daily when I come home from work.

I've heard that's pretty tough! I'd love to know how you get on!
  • elvy1979
    elvy1979 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    It is a challenge...i am not going to say it is easy. The first time i did it it was so hard i puked.... But the results are amazing. Your body starts changing really fast. A friend of mine gave me the cds and told me to try it. The first time i did it i didn't finish it. But that this time around i will finish the 2 months
  • MummyStumpf
    MummyStumpf Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I do a minimum of 30 mins cardio or strength every day. Up to an hour a few times a week. Mixture of personal training session on Mondays, Zumba or boxing DVD and just started an Insanity work out class on Saturday mornings. Really loving it! I need to combine regular exercise + tracking calories. My weight has been yo-yo-ing because one or the other seems to fall by the way side.. Not this time!!
  • Steph1015
    Steph1015 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Walking on treadmill or cardio. And 21 day fix videos
  • mp216y
    mp216y Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have been jogging with my dog for 30 minutes 4 times a week and I'm working on learning some line dances. I know 5 currently and when I do them back to back I can really feel it.

I read that I should be doing strength training as well, I have never done any kind of strength training any suggestions on how to get started?
  • terrimaricle
    terrimaricle Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I walk almost every day. Today, I am going to start training for a 5k that's coming up in May. I meant to start training before now, but things happen sometimes! I have this app on my phone called Ease Into 5K. Wish me luck!
  • RunRachelleRun
    RunRachelleRun Posts: 1,854 Member
    Options
    I walk almost every day. Today, I am going to start training for a 5k that's coming up in May. I meant to start training before now, but things happen sometimes! I have this app on my phone called Ease Into 5K. Wish me luck!

Sounds like an excellent goal - you can do it!
  • zacksnana
    zacksnana Posts: 3,230 Member
    Options

Good luck!!! And no matter where you are with training just remember to have fun!! You never get a second first race! When bystanders clap - WAVE!! Just have a blast with it.
  • terrimaricle
    terrimaricle Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Thanks!!!! I love this group!