Keto-adjusted?

Options
2»

Replies

• glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    I'm finally making a point to just roll with the IF. My husband was super concerned, and last night we had a little talk and I think he's going to let me do my thing without worrying. I promised him I'm going to eat when I'm hungry, which has never really been a problem! He's just not used to seeing me NOT always be hungry.

He did finally accept the "moar fat" policy. He pulled the mozzarella out of his cheese sticks for me at Buffalo Wild Wings last week. Now that's love. Side note, it's harder than I anticipated to eat Keto at BWW. Pretty much limited to the traditional boned wings with no sauce, or a build-your-own burger with no bun. I can make better food at home.

So back to fasting. I had my coffee this morning but now it's late morning and normally I'd be having a really bad time by now without some food in me, but I'm good.

I should eat something for lunch, I figure, since we have a late night planned tonight. I don't want to reach my limit while I'm stuck driving on the highway. Gotta figure out where I can get someone to make me bacon and cream cheese! :#
  • kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    I can make better food at home.

Ya, since being more aware of what I'm eating, I find that to be the case with pretty much all restaurants.
  • wheatlessgirl66
    wheatlessgirl66 Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Blood sugar instability is caused by eating too often and relying on sugar but as you regain health you regain stability in this area. You can not burn fat and sugar at the same time so when you allow yourself the time between meals/snacks you can burn fat. I do eat when I'm hungry but I eat fat.

This is so helpful! So I don't need to worry about getting enough food/calories for the day? I can just eat when hungry and stop when I'm satisfied? I haven't been able to finish some meals and worried I'd go into the infamous "starvation mode" b/c I was below daily calories.
  • wheatlessgirl66
    Options
    If you haven't already, you'll find that hunger on LCHF is not the urgent, help-or-I'll-die, nerve-jangling, sugar-slumps experience it was with a carb diet.

This is my favorite thing about LCHF, second to actually losing weight! :)
  • alicepalmerrussell442
    Options
    When you are burning body fat you loose weight. When you're keto you always are connected to the very best energy source; your own body fat becomes your fuel. Eat when you're hungry and eat till you're full but eat high fat, moderate protein and low carb. You will not feel blood sugar bumps because you're not fueling on sugar. I can exercise in the fasted state because I am burning fat not sugar. Amazing! My appetite does cycle on it's own naturally and certainly is affected by my menstrual cycle. There are days I can eat 2500 calories but most days I have trouble getting 1800 calories. I am set on MFP at 2200 calories to maintain my weight but I am still loosing and rarely actually take in all 2200. I have hit my goal weight of 130 but now I am shooting for 120 pounds. I look and feel great. At 5'7" 120 will be lean but healthy. Not anything like the unhealthy hypoglycemic 200 pound gal I was just 2 1/2 years ago. Intermittent fasting is a wonderful too. Do not force it; eat when you feel hungry!
  • wheatlessgirl66
    Options
    Thanks, Alice, that's helpful. I'm doing the LCHF with moderate protein, so I'm on the right path. I have a lot to lose and it will take time. I'm going to try some intermittent fasting as it occurs fairly naturally overnight and into the next day. Am hopeful that someday I can be in shoes similar to yours!