Your Favorite Weird-ish LC Meal

Replies

• Keto_T
    Keto_T Posts: 673 Member
    @FIT_Goat‌ sweet mother of god, that's a massive piece of meat! Looks tasty though. Lol@JPW1990‌ I totally get that. That's how my tuna thing came about! @tiarew‌ what do you call this concoction? Lol

it's a protein pudding of sorts I guess. If I add protein powder if it's a meal or to up protein for the day. Otherwise it's HWC, dark cocoa powder and sugar free flavored syrup whipped for a snack/pudding.
  • FatToFit12
    FatToFit12 Posts: 66 Member
    I don't think it's weird, but I like to make low carb PB&J occasionally. Low carb tortilla, sugar free jelly, and all natural peanut butter.....yum yum!

I also add garlic salt and pepper to those salmon packets and eat it right out of the package...lol!

My husband likes tuna with mustard.
  • stillonamission
    stillonamission Posts: 140 Member
    I don't know if it is weird... but I did have a new coworker ask about my lunch. Another coworker said responded by telling her I follow a weird 'food thing'.

2 eggs, 1/2 avocado, 1 tablespoon mayo & salt - the best!
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    I don't know if it is weird... but I did have a new coworker ask about my lunch. Another coworker said responded by telling her I follow a weird 'food thing'.

2 eggs, 1/2 avocado, 1 tablespoon mayo & salt - the best!

That's not even weird, that's egg salad :open_mouth:
  • KetoCutie
    KetoCutie Posts: 161 Member
    I love a burger with fancy cheese, bacon and a fried egg on top. That egg makes it soooo luscious.
  • DittoDan
    DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
    I love a burger with fancy cheese, bacon and a fried egg on top. That egg makes it soooo luscious.

Yuuuuummmmy! I second that! I think I'll make one this week....

Dan the Man from Michigan
  • DittoDan
    FIT_Goat wrote: »
    My weird meals tend to be weird only because they are extremely large portions of just one food. Plus, my steaks are almost raw. As an example:

This is a 51.4 oz (over 3 lb / 1.46 kg) steak, lightly seared, and consumed alone.
    xufg5s39je6v.jpg

As a note for scale, the fork doesn't go all the way down to the plate and the tines are completely buried in the meat.

Fit,

Did you eat that at one setting?!?!

• Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    DittoDan wrote: »

Yuuuuummmmy! I second that! I think I'll make one this week....

I third that.... Had one last week.... The waiter thought I was wierd though..
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    edited March 2015
    My weird meals tend to be weird only because they are extremely large portions of just one food. Plus, my steaks are almost raw. As an example:

This is a 51.4 oz (over 3 lb / 1.46 kg) steak, lightly seared, and consumed alone.
    xufg5s39je6v.jpg

As a note for scale, the fork doesn't go all the way down to the plate and the tines are completely buried in the meat.

Fit,

I sure as heck tried. LOL

Sadly, I made it only about half-way and the rest ended up being lunch and pre-dinner (my steak before my actual steak) the next day.
  • FIT_Goat
    edited March 2015
    For a size comparison, here's tonight's dinner (fresh off the grill).

It's 21.25 oz and on the same plate (scale was zeroed with the plate on it, so the 603g is the steak alone). I don't know if I will eat both. I had 12 oz of ground beef already for lunch (on top of my normal breakfast of 4 eggs and bacon).phd6ulojbh6g.jpg

I may not finish it, but I intend to give it the good old college try!
  • kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    @FIT_Goat I would eat like you but I need a raise! :smiley:
  • FIT_Goat
    edited March 2015
    I did manage to eat both.
    kirkor wrote: »
    @FIT_Goat I would eat like you but I need a raise! :smiley:

It's actually not as bad as people think.

~ 4 eggs - $0.55/day
    ~ 0.2lb bacon - $0.56/day
    ~ 0.6lb ground beef - $1.76/day
    ~ 1 lb chuck beef - $4/day

That's less than $7/day or $49/week or $209/month. I grant it may not be the cheapest. And, I sometimes eat more than that. Although some days I eat less. Today was a big day. Today was closer to $8.71. That would be $61/week or $265/month. Still not outrageous. I once spent $300 in a single month on pizza delivery (not a proud time for me).

Edit: Today ran me about 2,900 calories (230g fat / 200g protein / 2g carb). That's more than I normally eat. The amounts I use for budgeting (the ones that get me the numbers listed above) are based on the averages of what I tend to consume. The average actually works out to around 2,500 calories/day (205g fat / 160g protein / 2g carbs).
  • tmdalton849
    tmdalton849 Posts: 178 Member
    sardines in mustard. straight from the can.
    (well, i generally throw a salad together to accompany it).
  • yturie47
    yturie47 Posts: 170 Member
    I see nothing weird about that. :)
  • GrannyMayOz
    GrannyMayOz Posts: 1,051 Member
    ~ 4 eggs - $0.55/day
    ~ 0.2lb bacon - $0.56/day
    ~ 0.6lb ground beef - $1.76/day
    ~ 1 lb chuck beef - $4/day

Whoa! Don't move to Australia. 12 free-range eggs $5.50, 750 grams bacon $13.00 (that was the shortcut rindless that hubby insists on buying, but the fatty stuff isn't that much cheaper!). Can't tell you beef prices because I don't yet eat that - your photos are starting to look appealing though ;)

• Sajyana
    Sajyana Posts: 518 Member
    Beef:

Minced: $7-15
    TBone: $25
    Rump: $20 - Black Angus $30
    Chuck: $13

Prices per kg = 2.2 lbs
  • GrannyMayOz
    GrannyMayOz Posts: 1,051 Member
    Thanks Sajyana <3
  • FIT_Goat
    I do a lot better on prices than most people because I am able to buy in bulk. While your prices are higher, so are most prices here.

Eggs here (not free range) run about $2.50 a dozen -- the free range can be double that. Buying multiple dozens in bulk, I get that price down to around $1.64 a dozen.

Your bacon is running $7.90 a pound, ours sells for about $5 a pound. Again, buying in bulk gets me down to $2.80 a pound.

I am paying around $3.10 a pound for ground beef (minced). That's comparable to the bottom end of the scale Sajyana posted ($7/kg). I buy the cheapest fattiest ground beef around. The 75/25 stuff. And, I buy it in bulk. It runs about $4-$5 a pound at the store, but in 8-10 pound amounts, it drops down in price. The leaner mixes are often between $6-$7 a pound ($13-$15/kg).

T-bone seems about right. They were selling it at the local store for $11.99 a pound this week (which is less than the $25/kg by a few cents). I don't know this in bulk.

I don't buy rump. So, I can't be sure of the prices.

Chuck I buy in 14-21 pound (6.5-10 kg) or larger uncut chunks. That costs me about $4 a pound ($9 a kg). If I don't buy it in bulk, it tends to run from $5.50 to $6.75 a pound (sometimes even more) at the store. Thats' $12-$15/kg.

I won't get into monetary conversions ($0.76 US -> $1.00 AU). That would make the differences a little more extreme. It would probably cost me more. I would also likely drop the bacon and eggs, if I couldn't find a good cheap source, and move to more chuck roll or ground beef.
  • DittoDan

xufg5s39je6v.jpg

Fit,

I sure as heck tried. LOL

Sadly, I made it only about half-way and the rest ended up being lunch and pre-dinner (my steak before my actual steak) the next day.

I was gonna say, wouldn't your jaws give out! LOL! Mine would.... If meat like that is $10 (or so) @ lbs, that was expensive to boot $30? If it was a cheaper piece of meet, it would so tough, you wouldn't hardly be able to enjoy it....

• DittoDan
    For a size comparison, here's tonight's dinner (fresh off the grill).

It's 21.25 oz and on the same plate (scale was zeroed with the plate on it, so the 603g is the steak alone). I don't know if I will eat both. I had 12 oz of ground beef already for lunch (on top of my normal breakfast of 4 eggs and bacon).phd6ulojbh6g.jpg

I may not finish it, but I intend to give it the good old college try!

Fit,

You're confusing me. As you try to convert everyone that its possible to eat a huge amount of calories, keep your carbs next to zero and not gain weight, (AND I BELIEVE YOU), but explain the other tenet of a Ketogenic diet, and that is "to reduced hunger"? (you probably know the low fat/grain/carb eating diets and how the hormones and enzymes that get released that make carb-eaters super hungry).

This tenet doesn't seem to be working with you? Or what is going on? I mean, if newbies are looking at your meal plan, they may be scratching their heads and ask themselves, "I thought hunger was reduced on this diet?".

Edumacate me on this dynamic.

P.S. (I don't want this to turn into a huge debate, I will believe your explanation. Do NOT circle your wagons!). I'm not wanting a huge missive. I understand that everybody is different. I am just curious. Maybe your stomach is "stretched out" and you need that much to feel satiated. I know that there would be no way that I could eat that much now (my stomach feels full after about 8 oz of meat). But I am a LOW calorie person.