Vivofit and step based activities in MFP

Options
Kidominos
Kidominos Posts: 1,249 Member
I have been using a Fitbit One for over a year with MFP but I am trying to help my mom who has a Vivofit without the HRM.

Her GC and MFP accounts are linked. She is logging walking as a cardio exercise on MFP manually. With my Fitbit, I do not log any step based activities as my Fitbit accounts for the walk already. If I do log a cardio activity on MFP I make sure I put the start time so it will overwrite the data on Fitbit for that period of time. My question is, does Vivofit (GC) work the same way? Is my mom getting double credit for calories burned? She does not have negative calories enabled on MFP. (She is 71 years old and I don't want to confuse her until I understand the differences between FB and GC with MFP).

Example, she went for a walk last night a manually logged 35 minutes at 2.5 mph with MFP and it gave her 121 calories. Her GC says her adjustment is 94. I had her delete her MFP walking entry, refresh/sync both and double check her calories in MFP. Shows 94 with the entry deleted and 205 with the walk logged back in on MFP. Does MFP not overwrite data on GC for that activity period? She is trying to lose weight and she wants to make sure she is not double counting her calorie burns.

Replies

• amy_j28
    amy_j28 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Following- I'm curious on the responses. I JUST got my vivofit2 in the mail today and haven't quite set everything up yet. I was trying to figure out if I should track activities in MFP or if I just let the vivofit sync up to my diary.
  • DamieAnne
    DamieAnne Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I know in the past, if I logged an activity on MFP the vivofit would reduce the calories of the adjustment to compensate - that was with allowing negative calorie adjustments though. I don't input anything on MFP now, I just use what the vivofit gives me (I have a HRM for exercise).