jealous friends

Has anyone experienced a weird thing like i am? I am close to goal and have 3 kg to loose after alot of hard work and recently a couple of friends seem to be ignoring me.Theyre not close friends so im mot devastated but its really unnerving.I have previously congratulated them when they have lost weight and told them how great they look.Now im looking good ive all of s sudden become invisible.Just as bit disappointed really. Anyone been thru this?

Replies

• snowflakesav
    snowflakesav Posts: 649 Member
    Sorry to hear about your friends. Congratulations on your weight loss. It is common for friends to have interests that change. It is also difficult to be social when you are trying to lose weight. I have a particular problem with eating out so I really struggle...my best friend are those that enjoy running or working out. I have also been known to get bitchy when I am hungry and dieting.

Jealousy is just insecurity. As a friend the only thing you can do is be supportive of your friends' interests and activities. Try to include yourself in participating in an event or hobby the are involved in so they feel secure appreciated. You'll see how much they appreciate your attention and support.
  • sallyannevans1
    sallyannevans1 Posts: 2 Member
    Good comments thanks
  • banishthebuldge
    banishthebuldge Posts: 14 Member
    Been there. They're not your true friends. Let it and them go and move on!