anyone else in training

Options
csillers13
csillers13 Posts: 35 Member
I'm training for a tough mudder in
October and a 5k I can find between now and then! I'd love to have some friends that are also in training for something!!

Replies

• yuyutu81
    yuyutu81 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Nice! I am training for a non-competitive 5k run at the end of April which is part of a yoga event. I am not a runner at all so I thought this would be a good motivator to help me start and keep running. I have been slow running/jogging about 2 miles in treadmill 5 days a week and spin twice on the days I don't run. I am a little scared and excited at the same time. :)
    But the tough mudder sounds like fun. I just don't have people around me who can go to those type of event together.
  • snowflakesav
    snowflakesav Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I am in training for a marathon in 3 weeks. How is the tough muddier training going?
  • csillers13
    Options
    yuyutu81
    Thats great! I love yoga and have done it on and off over the past few years. Ive been slowly introducing more cardio since I tend to lean towards weight lifting. Im
    Up to a little over 3 miles 3-4x a week along with lifting. Well if you're in dallas tx this October, you're more than welcome to run with my husband and I :)
    @snowflakesav- wow a marathon! Thats awesome and intense! I'll send good vibes in 3 weeks ;) training is going good so far but im also just working on my
    Endurance at the moment. I start circuit training this week (first for me!)
  • yuyutu81
    yuyutu81 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Csillers13. Sounds like a plan. It would be a dream come true if I can one day travel to participate in fitness events. :)
    I actually did my first circuit training on Saturday and it was pretty fun and challenging at the same time. I thoroughly enjoyed it and is looking forward to doing it again.
  • BlushingBride515
    BlushingBride515 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    My fiance and I are training for a 10-miler that we'll run two weeks before our wedding. Hoping that keeps wedding, house buying and selling, and moving stress at bay but now it just feels overwhelming.
  • kaynagel
    kaynagel Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I'm training for a half marathon. I had a 12 week plan, got sick, got better, got sick, got better. Now I have a 7 week plan. No PR for me, my plan is to just finish happy.
  • csillers13
    Options
    @BlushingBride515‌
    Wow thats alot....and I thought buying a house and moving at 8 months pregnant was horrendous! But I think you win lol
    Carving out a time and leaving everything at the door of the gym is what keeps me on track at times of high stress....it makes
    It to where its a relief just to get to the gym because I know I have at least an hour away from it all! You can do it, keep at it!
    @kaynagel‌
    Ah....I HATE when you get sick in the middle of training for something. ...thats my big fear is that ill get close to time for an event and get sick, for some reason when I get sick, I get really really sick.....it sucks! I hope all is well for the next 7 weeks or at least the day of! :) good luck on the half marathon!
  • freefallebby
    freefallebby Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm doing one trail half and one road half this year, haven't decided which but probably one in July and one in October from the looks of it. :smiley: I love my endurance season!
  • BlushingBride515
    Options
    @csillers13‌ : Thanks for the sweet words. I never thought I'd look forward to my workouts, but my run tonight was amazing. I just popped in my earbuds, listened to a podcast and before I knew it, my 3 miles was over :)
    @freefallebby‌ : I'm using this first race to decide whether I'd want to do a half in the near-ish future. I'd love to hear what you love about them.
  • sarabclaypole
    sarabclaypole Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Training for this.....
    http://www.roundsheffieldrun.com
  • csillers13
    Options
    What is a trail half and a road half? I've never heard of that before.
    @sarabclaypole‌ the RSR looks like it will be a beautiful run! Good luck!
  • sarabclaypole
    sarabclaypole Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    @csillers13‌ v excited for the run :)
  • BlushingBride515
    Options
    Question for you ladies: How do you deal with a missed workout on a training plan? Do you make it up on a rest day or just skip it and move on to the next day? Example: I'm supposed to do a two mile run tonight but have to work through lunch, go to a house showing, and have a pre-marriage counseling tonight which pretty much rules out having time to run. Should I run the two miles tomorrow and then the regularly scheduled 3 miles on Saturday? Or should I run tomorrow, do cross-training Saturday and run on Sunday so as to not run two days in a row?
  • csillers13
    Options
    For me it totally depends on how I feel! If its been an exhausting week and my body feels sore, I skip that day and go on with my schedule as normal.
    If I have it in me and feel like my body can totally handle it, I make up that workout on a rest day! I always make it a point not to overwelm myself! One missed workout won't tank your progress!
    Hope that helps!
  • BlushingBride515
    Options
    It does, thanks! We decided to swap a run and rest day and I'm actually looking forward to a run after work. It's been a crazy week and running helps clear my head.
  • blucas2013
    blucas2013 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm training for a half marathon in May. No PR just a nice and happy run. Then another half in October for hopefully a PR.
  • amyrichard34
    amyrichard34 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Tough Murder in training here!! August in Toronto. My first , my husbands 5th. Hoping to get in a few 5km races between now and then but not sure how to prepare for the 20+km of running uphill for the Mudder.
  • csillers13
    Options
    Tough Murder in training here!! August in Toronto. My first , my husbands 5th. Hoping to get in a few 5km races between now and then but not sure how to prepare for the 20+km of running uphill for the Mudder.
    Awesome! I'm going to do circuit training to prepare for our tough mudder! My husband and I are doing it together also, first for both of us. Since your husband has done it so many times, did he give you any advice that we could use? :)
    Good luck to both of you! You'll have to let me know how it goes since yalls race is before ours!

• amyrichard34
    amyrichard34 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Definitely lots of upper body and cardio training. I'm doing P90X3 and am loving the improvement in upper body strength. Planning a running/ playground circuit to do through our town to prepare for some of the obstacles as soon as the snow melts ( At this rate that won't be till June!)
  • BlushingBride515
    Options
    Not to bump a dead thread, but I just needed to self-brag a bit. FI and I ran our ten miler yesterday and my time was 1:48... not a sprint by any means but it thrilled me.