So this is weird.

Options
Sajyana
Sajyana Posts: 518 Member
Hubby is away this week for work in Sydney and I've started craving carbs. I'm not eating anything different. I'm not doing anything different. I made it through yesterday but it hasn't improved today. Good Lord, it's only Tuesday morning!!!

I'm seriously hoping this goes away. Soon.

Replies

• Keto_T
    Keto_T Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Are you lonely? Bored? Can you hang with friends or see a movie or something out of the ordinary to get you out of the house?
  • rachel0923
    rachel0923 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I sometimes do this because it was an old habit - whenever I was alone, which is almost never, I would want to eat some junk food, because nobody would be there to see me eat it (hubby) or insist on sharing (kids). Still sometimes when i get out of work early and have some time in the car by myself I'm tempted to get back into this bad habit!
  • shadesofidaho
    shadesofidaho Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Maybe try eating some thing fatty.
  • Sajyana
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I had a great time yesterday immersing myself in a new video game. :) Guilt free because I had left overs for the kids dinners and roasted myself some chicken. I still wanted something carby even though I was stuffed full.

There are parent teacher interviews this afternoon so that will keep me busy.

I also wondered about something fatty. I found a big, juicy, fatty steak in the freezer. I'm going to fry it up and eat it. <3 Just call me Goat. ;)
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    Sajyana wrote: »
    I had a great time yesterday immersing myself in a new video game. :) Guilt free because I had left overs for the kids dinners and roasted myself some chicken. I still wanted something carby even though I was stuffed full.

There are parent teacher interviews this afternoon so that will keep me busy.

I also wondered about something fatty. I found a big, juicy, fatty steak in the freezer. I'm going to fry it up and eat it. <3 Just call me Goat. ;)

Parent/teacher conferences and fatty steaks... Yep, that's my life. Lol.

Steak is better anyway. If you aren't hungry for steak, you're probably not really hungry.
  • glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    I would suspect it's emotional craving. If you think about it long enough, you might realize you want the associated feelings of eating that food, rather than the food itself. Distraction is good, mindfulness is better.
  • Sajyana
    Options
    I upped my fats and the cravings disappeared. I went back over my logs and discovered that my fat intakes have been consistently low the past couple of weeks. It was all good after the steak which I topped with lashings of butter. Thank you all. :)
  • Sajyana
    Options
    Well, it seems I had to go back to basics. I increased my fats and my water intake and lost 1kg this week after stalling and only losing 1/2 kg in a month!

Basic stuff. More fat. Fat. Fat. Fat. The cravings disappeared and I lost.
  • GrannyMayOz
    GrannyMayOz Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    Awesome deducing Sajyana - so happy to hear that you've had a breakthrough!
  • happylifex10
    happylifex10 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Sajyana wrote: »
    Well, it seems I had to go back to basics. I increased my fats and my water intake and lost 1kg this week after stalling and only losing 1/2 kg in a month!

Basic stuff. More fat. Fat. Fat. Fat. The cravings disappeared and I lost.

Sajyana, I had the same revelation this past week and have started to loose again...thankfully. Keep up the good work
  • Sajyana
    Options
    (*)