Out of Ketosis?

I've been LCHF for two months. I've been in ketosis since the second week. 5 days ago something changed. My dragon breath is gone, my teeth feel normal, I was hungry over the weekend when usuallt I'm not. Does this signal that I'm out of ketosis? I've been eating within my macros (75/20/5) without exception. The ONLY questionable thing was I may have had margarine rather than butter in a restaurant (like 2T). Weigh in is tomorrow and now I'm concerned. Thoughts or ideas would be appreciated.

Replies

• wabmester
    wabmester Posts: 2,748 Member
    You'd have to test to be sure, but "dragon breath" is probably due from protein consumption rather than ketones. Proteins generate ammonia "exhaust." People describe acetone as "fuity."
  • Mistizoom
    Mistizoom Posts: 578 Member
    edited March 2015
    I'm not sure about the hunger, but when you become keto-adapted a lot of times the outward signs go away. So, if you haven't changed the actual grams of carbs you are eating (percentages are irrelevant, as if you eat more calories such as after exercise they should come from increased fat and not an equal increase in all macros), then you are probably just fine.
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    MimiOfTheLusciousLawn Posts: 2,212 Member
    So I can still be in ketosis w/out the horrible breath?! I think I just heard an angel sing, thank you!!
  • Mistizoom
    So I can still be in ketosis w/out the horrible breath?! I think I just heard an angel sing, thank you!!

Definitely.
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    MimiOfTheLusciousLawn Posts: 2,212 Member
    Weights and measures done today. Lost another 10lbs these two weeks and a total of 20 inches overall since mid January. I think I'm still in ketosis! :)
  • Mistizoom
    Weights and measures done today. Lost another 10lbs these two weeks and a total of 20 inches overall since mid January. I think I'm still in ketosis! :)

Great progress!
  • GrannyMayOz
    GrannyMayOz Posts: 1,051 Member
    I think you're still in ketosis too, wow!!!! Congratulations.
  • ldmoor
    ldmoor Posts: 152 Member
    Losing the dragon breath was one of the things I looked forward to in becoming keto adapted. My daughter hasn't complained in a week about me brushing my teeth, so I think I finally climbed the mountain myself. I've been in ketosis way longer than a few weeks though, so congrats on getting there quickly.
  • glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    Yesterday I told my husband I had "Fruity Pebble" breath. Sooo much better than the ammonia breath of higher protein (I kept thinking the cat box needed changing...)