C25K and Music

Options
AlciaMode
AlciaMode Posts: 421 Member
i seem to be having some issues syncing up music with the app. It works but not well. I have the right play list set up, but unless I have the app open and my phone live it stops telling me what time to run/walk. Any suggestions ?

Replies

• nala3177
    nala3177 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue. I think there is something screwed up with the app itself. It's definitely annoying, I've been trying to "time" myself with songs...not exactly accurate but it's been ok.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    I use a separate app to play music. I couldn't get the play list option to work correctly for my RunDouble app either.
  • madmags
    madmags Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue, w/ music or not, if I don not leave the screen active it will not give me the update.
  • AlciaMode
    Options
    madmags wrote: »
    I have the same issue, w/ music or not, if I don not leave the screen active it will not give me the update.

It sucks. I have to run with the phone in my hand to make sure the screen is lit and i am so tense that I will drop it!
  • CarbingTemptation
    CarbingTemptation Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    AlciaMode wrote: »
    madmags wrote: »

It sucks. I have to run with the phone in my hand to make sure the screen is lit and i am so tense that I will drop it!

For most phones you can choose to manually lock your phone (I know you can for iPhones), and on my phone as long as the app was open my phone never locked itself.
  • AlciaMode
    Options
    So this is the best I was able to figure out. Play the music through the app and do not lock your screen. As said above as long as you do not lock it manually the app will keep the phone live and will keep playing and talking as it should. This is not fool proof as once my boob must have pressed something mid jog as and i ran an extra minute before i realized that the app stopped talking.
  • NELMSH
    NELMSH Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I use Pandora for my music and haven't encountered a problem yet. I don't play music directly thru the c25k app though Is there a certain week that you noticed it get glitchy?
  • AlciaMode
    Options
    If i play music on anything other than the app then I do not hear the app talk :(
  • Kelli_04
    Kelli_04 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I was having problems also, I now listen to music thru Spotify but I have to keep the c2k5 open. If I close it, it will stop the notifications. Very annoying. Once I did have to delete it and then reinstall in order to hear.
  • Brans34
    Brans34 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I'm using the C25K program in Run Keeper. It automatically syncs up with MFP when I complete an activity. I use Pandora for music, and when the Run Keeper lady wants to tell me something, the music just gets quite while she talks, then goes back to normal. I can also switch between apps whenever I want, and don't have a problem with either one.