anyone else in training

Options
csillers13
csillers13 Posts: 35 Member
I'm training for a tough mudder in October and a 5k I can find between now and then! I'd love to have some friends that are also in training for something!!

Replies

• FRJM
    FRJM Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm in training for a half marathon...well 2 half marathons! One in 7 weeks time, the other in June....Fran btw...FR sent :smile:
  • mymodernbabylon
    mymodernbabylon Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    I'm just trying to get through the C25K again (same old, every spring). My training tends to be for sports versus events. Tough mudders do sound fun though!
  • csillers13
    Options
    Thanks for the FR Fran! Good luck on your half marathons! Thats awesome! :)
    To be honest I'm a little scared of the tough mudder. ...but thats why I'm doing it, I've realized that if it doesnt scare me a little, I won't train hard enough for it or even at all! Lol the electrical part is really what sticks out in my mind....I've never been shocked before...:/ hopefully I dont scream like a little girl lol
    @mymodernbabylon‌
    What sports do you train for? I love volleyball and tennis...not that ive played in forever! Even though I am scared...im also so excited for the tough mudder! Its for a great cause (wounded warrior project), it brings the community together,and its something my husband and I are training for together! We are really competitive people....so its on at the moment lol
  • FRJM
    FRJM Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I think it's great you're doing the Tough Mudder....I'm too scared of everything to do it! Heights, electric shocks, falling hahaha! But, I'm told all the things I'm scared of are the reason people do it....you are my hero!!
  • sebachie
    sebachie Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hi! Raising my hand Training for a Half Marathon in 6 weeks. I have a ton of other races as I'm doing qualifying runs to participate in the NY Marathon in 2016. So lots of running from here on out. I will FR both of you ladies!
  • csillers13
    Options
    Ah....I can't be your hero until I finish it! :D
    And its true....fear is what pushes me to do it!
    @sebachie‌
    I think thats great! Good luck in your qualifiers!!! The NY marathon sounds like a lot of fun! Maybe one day I'll get there!
    And not to overlook the half marathon in 6 weeks. Good luck there as well!
  • mymodernbabylon
    mymodernbabylon Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    I play field hockey with a highish level club in London as a goalie from Sept to Mar so I try to run in my off-season. I also play softball but it's more for fun and not for athletics.
  • Graceious1
    Graceious1 Posts: 716 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I am in training for my black belt in taekwondo, which is on May 8th. I am doing strong lifts and train 2x 90 minutes a week in tkd. I am 4 weeks into strong lifts and will begon running again. I am doing the TDEE (total daily energy expenditure) method for fat loss. Happy to join you and anyone else in preparation for a sporting or any other event. Friend request sent!
  • csillers13
    Options
    @Graceious1‌ Wow, you go on with your bad self!! Thats awesome! I will have to step it up to keep up with you! I've been thinking about taking jujitsu classes....any thoughts?
  • csillers13
    Options
    Oh and thanks you for the FR!
  • Graceious1
    Graceious1 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    @csillers13‌ I say to go and check out a class. Doing martial arts has really toughened me up both mentally and physically. I would encourage more women to do martial arts because it is such a wonderful art. I would love to know how you get on.
  • ncfitbit
    ncfitbit Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I'm in the middle of training for a 4 miler in April and I just registered for a 5 mile race in October. I think I'm starting to get addicted to it! I'm enjoying the training group for the 4 miler through Fleet Feet. As a newbie runner I like to be told exactly what to do otherwise I'm not sure I would push myself as hard to do hills and stuff. I have learned a lot and I have met some local people who run at my pace, so I don't feel like I'm doing this all on my own. :)
  • KickboxDiva
    KickboxDiva Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Warrior dash end of March. It's more like a muddy beer fest party but hey.. Why not call it training? :)
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Always in training. It's sadly the only way I consider it important enough to watch diet closely.

And considering I have no race goals in mind except another half-ironman end of August, and backpacking season is over, it's getting hard to convince the mind there is actual training going on. I think I love winter bulk lifting too much.
  • badzoe
    badzoe Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    My gym has gotten together a team for the Super Sprint in July. I've told them that I want to be a part of the team, but fear has prevented me from signing up. So I'm not officially training for anything right now...
    Good luck to everyone on their races and training goals!