How much do you eat

Options
tat2cookie
tat2cookie Posts: 1,899 Member
i was just wondering how far everyone is and how much do you eat in a normal day (cal, protein, carbs, ect)?

I'm a little more then 2 mo out and I on average eat around 300-400cal a day. I've been getting on average 40g of protein, sometimes more sometimes less. I try to get more in but my stomach just can't handle it.

Replies

• ac7nj
    ac7nj Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I'm 7 months out and my stomach will hold 1 1/2 cups of most any food.

Randy
  • CEK0220
    CEK0220 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Just one week out and I am getting about 45 - 50 ounces of fluids in me, and anywhere between 40 & 50 grams of protein. I see my surgeon tomorrow so I may get to move up to full liquids. WOOO WHOO!!
  • cabennett99
    cabennett99 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I'm 4 1/2 months out from bypass, eating about a cup at a meal (more focused on volume than nutrients). Eating protein and produce; getting about 100 G protein/day, including two shakes. About 900-1,000 calories. As long as I take my time and chew thoroughly I have no problems. I still don't get hungry, and I also don't feel like I'm missing out on anything.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    I am eight weeks out as of today. I eat right at six ounces at each meal. Approx 1000 calories, 70 protein, all fluids needed too plus more on most days, though I only drink water now. Pre op I would drink unsweetened tea sometimes but have been a water drinker for years. Haven't had a soda for about fifteen years. I think they harm the body, which is a whole other topic on its own. I've tried some unsweetened tea since surgery but it didn't feel right in my pouch, so I just stick to water. All of the crystal lite types of drinks are too sweet for my taste so it is good that I like water.
  • loveshoe
    loveshoe Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I'm 6 weeks out and I can eat about 3 to 3.5 oz per meal. I'm eating 3 times a day and I have one scheduled afternoon snack of 2 oz of yogurt. I weigh all of my meals at home. My food scale is my BFF. I'm not having any problems with getting 65 oz of fluid or getting my protein in. Most of my protein is still in the form of liquid protein. I average about 70 - 75 grams of protein daily.

I know at some time food is supposed to by my primary protein but I can't figure out how to make that work with limited food intake. I'm visiting with the dietitian in two weeks and will see what suggestions she has.

I'm not really watching my carbs and fat now because I'm still following the food plan given to me. I haven't added any foods not on the approved list or increased the quantities.
  • jesswagspgh
    jesswagspgh Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    5weeks out: I'm having a problem eating. Yogurt, peanut or almond butter, and pretty much anything puréed is fine. Only about 3oz at a time. Tried some chopped up salmon...no go. So sticking with purée until I see the dr again. Not rushing but i do want to chew soon:)
  • april731
    april731 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    11 months post-op: 4-5oz (depending on what/how dense it is). I only track sporadically, but it's around 1000-1200 calories most days and I aim for 90-100g protein.
  • gaining_while_losing
    gaining_while_losing Posts: 96 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I'm 5 weeks out from my gastric bypass. I eat about a half a cup or so, 3 times a day with one protein shake supplement. I don't always get in my 64 ounces of liquids, but I do get in at least 48 ounces. I have been finding it hard to drink plain water lately. My tummy does not like it. I usually get in a minimum of 60 grams of protein and keep my carbs and sugars as low as possible (no more than 10 grams of sugar per meal)
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Let's see, I'm 8 months out and I'm eating around 800-900 calories a day.

I eat breakfast, a mid-morning snack, lunch and dinner. I weigh my food and it's typically 3-4 oz. of protein and if there's room, veg or whatever side I've made. I aim for a minimum of 75 grams of protein and like to keep my carbs less than that. I don't really care about fat intake, but it's never high enough for me to care, anyway.

I drink coffee (two cups a day) and lots of water. I will occasionally drink milk or diet soda for something different, but it's pretty much all water, all the time.
  • loriloftness
    loriloftness Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    4 mos out. How much I eat depends on the density. I can do almost 1 cup of cottage cheese. I can only do 2-2.5 oz of a hamburger. I eat 3 meals and 1 protein supplement, usually a drink. I try to stay w/in a 600-800 calorie range per day, preferably on the lower end. With the calorie range, my dr expects me to work out 3-4 times per week, which I do.
  • JamesAztec
    JamesAztec Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 days post op and I'm getting 600-800 cal. I seem to be able to eat quite a bit already. I can a whole serving of cream of wheat no problem. I don't know if this is good or bad. My goal is to stay under 1,000 until I eat solids and under 1,200 after that. And I'm sure there will be days I go WAY under. (Hopefully not ANY where I go WAY over!)
  • healthymelisa
    healthymelisa Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I'm 4 1/2 months out and eat 3 regular meals that consist of about 3 - 3.5 oz. I also have a protein shake and my calories are between 800 - 900. My protein is between 75 - 100.
  • isabella1679
    Options
    Surgery /RNY on May 19th 2014. I'm 5'4 and 35 yrs old. My
    HW: 260 CW:176
    I just started this app and just started eating 6, 4oz meals a day totaling 1200 calories & it's working!
  • spfldpam
    spfldpam Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I will be 3 years post op in June 2015 and eat around 1300 cals a day. I have three meals a day and a AM snack, afternoon snack and sometimes PM snack. I try to work out at gym 3-4 times a day for 1 hour to burn off 400 plus cals a workout and do not eat back my exercised burned off calories. I track all food, beverages, vitamins and exercise on here also.
  • cmchandler74
    cmchandler74 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I will be exactly 6 weeks out tomorrow and I generally eat around 400 calories a day. I usually get in around 56-72 ozs of water daily, and about 40-50 gms of protein (although that is improving now that I'm on pureed foods moving into soft mechanical). I typically walk at least a mile a day.
  • kriskaryl
    kriskaryl Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I'm 3 1/2 years out. I focus on trying to get between 90-120 g of protein every day. Complex carbs are secondary. I eat avocado & nuts for fasts but also use low fat mayo in my tuna. Once in a while I splurge and have a little butter on veggies . I try to keep my calories at 1200 per day. I do not eat back my calories that I have worked off at the gym. I have been at my goal of 130 lbs but have been fluctuating between 135-138 for about 6-7 months due to emotional stress.