Bodybuilding.com fan

Options
Hello Ladies. Just joined the group, so hi! My name is Connie. I love lifting so much and how powerful it makes me feel. I am not in sales or anything like that, I just wanted to share a tool that I find extremely helpful to me...
I found when I am having fears or trouble trying to get into new workouts or weight room lifting, I go to bodybuilding.com for video's on how to do certain exercises. I also love their app for logging my lifting because if gives me a "report" once a week on what muscles I worked, how much I lifted and suggestions on what might need more attention the next week.
So I use this more for calories/ macro nutrient tracking and that for logging my lifting.
Oh and make sure when you are lifting you are eating the correct "fuel" for your body.
Good luck to everyone on your goals. :)

Replies

• CaffeinatedConfectionist
    CaffeinatedConfectionist Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    I haven't logged on their app (I don't think I knew they had one, but, duh, of course they do) but I also really love the exercise videos. I find it really helpful to watch the videos several times before lifting, then recording myself doing the exercise, and comparing myself to the BB video to check my form.

I also like being able to browse various exercises by muscle, because sometimes I like to change up my accessory work.

I am not, however, a big fan of Train magazine. I'm not sure if they're owned by the same company, or how exactly they are affiliated, but every time I buy protein powder from BB they send me one of those damn things.
  • pamelatorbett
    Options
    Hi, I agree, love BB for ideas. Also Oxygen has great ideas for lifting techniques. I find what I want to work on, like arms, and view all of the pictures of different arm lifting ideas and take pictures of their pictures with my phone, then categorize them in folders in my phone under Gallery, that way when I go to the gym, I breeze through some pics of arm exercises to make sure I hit what I wanted. I guess it depens on your goals. I am bulking and aiming for bikini division in the NPC, so glutes and shoulders are a big deal, along with a lean look, but that is later in cutting. Good luck to everyone!
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    There are actually a few magazines that are geared toward women and lifting, Oxygen of course, but also Muscle & Fitness Hers and Strong. I've gotten a few lifting workouts from them. They are kinda pricey, but you can always check out their websites. I love BodyBuilding.com, that was one of the first resources I checked out when I started lifting.
  • cjefferson0885
    cjefferson0885 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Like to be fit i spend 30 min a day
  • cjefferson0885
    Options
    :)
  • cjefferson0885
    Options
    Please give me as much as you can on exercise vide
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    I view the forums on occasion and also find the videos very useful. I don't have any apps but I also don't keep my phone with me when I'm lifting. It's with my stuff in the locker as I record all my lifts in a little notebook. The site and youtube have been useful whenever I start something new or when I needed some ideas for accessory work that targets specific areas.
  • Green_eyed_beauty
    Green_eyed_beauty Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I don't keep my phone with me while I work out either. It is my zen time. I write it down and then log it all afterwards.
  • mdl2001
    mdl2001 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanx for the link! I have been just writing down my workouts in a journal, but I will start using the app. Does the app also track how many calories you burn lifting? If not, is there an app that does?
  • Green_eyed_beauty
    Green_eyed_beauty Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    No it does not @mdl2001 . I use an HRM (heart rate monitor) for my lift sessions because they are all different depending on intensity and rests.