Zughetti Carbonara

Options
I am a BIG pasta eater, but it's so high in calories and carbs, So I tried Zucchini noodles tonight for dinner, SOO GOOD. I will share this recipe with you., but you can use any sauce you want. Maybe this isn't new to you, but it is to me..lol.. This makes two cups and is 330 calories and 9 carbs. one and a half zucchinis(julienne) , two strips of bacon (chopped) 5 button mushrooms sliced or diced. one small egg and 1 tsp sour cream lite. Cook the bacon till crisp, take out of pan than cook the mushrooms take those of of the pan, drain all fat out of pan. in a small bowl whisk the egg and the sour cream together, put the pan back on the burner med heat, add the bacon, mushrooms and the julienne zucchini mix together well about 1 minute, than add the egg and sourcream mixture stir for about 2 minutes than serve, eat well warm.

Replies

• gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    I just ordered a spiralizer. Been meaning to get one for ages. That recipe sounds delish. Would be good with some parmesan and lots of pepper I think
  • krmsotherhalf68
    krmsotherhalf68 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I am a BIG pasta eater, but it's so high in calories and carbs, So I tried Zucchini noodles tonight for dinner, SOO GOOD. I will share this recipe with you., but you can use any sauce you want. Maybe this isn't new to you, but it is to me..lol.. This makes two cups and is 330 calories and 9 carbs. one and a half zucchinis(julienne) , two strips of bacon (chopped) 5 button mushrooms sliced or diced. one small egg and 1 tsp sour cream lite. Cook the bacon till crisp, take out of pan than cook the mushrooms take those of of the pan, drain all fat out of pan. in a small bowl whisk the egg and the sour cream together, put the pan back on the burner med heat, add the bacon, mushrooms and the julienne zucchini mix together well about 1 minute, than add the egg and sourcream mixture stir for about 2 minutes than serve, eat well warm.

Sounds yummy! I use zucchini instead of pasta too. I use my potato peeler (which makes nice wide "noodles" out of the zucchini). I discard the center portion of the zucchini because it's mainly seeds. Once I've done this step, I pat the zucchini dry with paper towels.

My favorite way to cook the zucchini is as follows: I sautee some fresh garlic in 1 - 3 tsps. of olive oil (depending upon how much zucchini I'm cooking).

Once the garlic becomes aromatic and is just starting to turn a light golden brown, I add my zucchini with a few red pepper flakes. I cook the zucchini to where it's cooked, but isn't mushy. I serve this alone as a side dish, or when my hubby has pasta, I have this as my main meal and add a couple of chicken or turkey breast meatballs and/or spaghetti sauce right along side these "noodles". Delish and very low cal.