Last Weigh in

Options
Maria544
Maria544 Posts: 21 Member
edited March 2015 in Social Groups
I'm schedule for bypass on March 24 and today is my last weigh in and according to my scale I am 10 pounds heavier than yesterday. I have been staying under my calorie goal and excersising everyday. I'm worried and frustrated.

Replies

• gaining_while_losing
    gaining_while_losing Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Sodium and hormones - they get ya every time!!
  • Maria544
    Options
    Yeah. I need to lose 3 pounds by Monday or I'll have reschedule
  • ac7nj
    ac7nj Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Maria544 wrote: »
    I'm schedule for bypass on March 24 and today is my last weigh in and according to my scale I am 10 pounds heavier than yesterday. I have been staying under my calorie goal and excersising everyday. I'm worried and frustrated.

Your probably weighing water change take it from me 8 months out the scale is fickle and not your fault. Hide the scale where it's hard to get and weight once a month, you will miss out on many stalls that way. Just trust your Dr and team do what they say. I look at it like a rollercoaster ride, you get on set down then it starts ups and downs twist and turns, fear joy excitement and then it's over. The weight loss will happen the rest of the journey is up to you.

Randy
  • gaining_while_losing
    gaining_while_losing Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Drink lots of water and choose wisely with the exercise. If you are doing things that make your muscles sore after your workout (same day - or days after) then you will retain water to heal those muscles...so workout, but don't do heavy weight training or anything that tears your muscles and requires water weight to repair them. And stay as far away from sodium as you can over the next few days.

YOU CAN DO THIS!! :-)
  • loriloftness
    loriloftness Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Water weight can come on quickly, but it can also go away quickly. Keep drinking so your body doesn't try to hang on to the water. You will be fine.
  • dsjsmom23
    dsjsmom23 Posts: 234 Member
    Options

Drink lots of water, stay away from the sodium, and don't exercise this weekend. If you do, just go for a walk, no weight training.
    You will lose that weight by Monday. I'm sure it's just water weight!

Good luck to you! Keep us posted!
  • ac7nj
    ac7nj Posts: 266 Member
    Options

Okay you can change your weight by 3 pounds easy. 24 hours before the weight check put on heavy sweats and rain suit, go walking around the whole day. You will loose several pounds of water. This is not a healthy practice but one that athletes often use to make the weight check.

Randy
  • Maria544
    Options
    Thanks everybody. I'm staying positive, drinking lots of water and praying a lot. Lol

I'll let you know how it went on Monday
  • JamesAztec
    JamesAztec Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    There's no way you can gain 10 pounds in one day. Like everyone says, it's mostly water weight. Keep the sodium low and it will disappear as magically as it appeared.
  • CEK0220
    CEK0220 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Get some walking in....as much as you can, and drink lots of water during this weekend. Good luck I hope it all works out for you!
  • Maria544
    Options
    Update! Lost the pounds. Got my surgery yesterday
  • LunaGuido
    LunaGuido Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Update! Lost the pounds. Got my surgery yesterday

Congratulations!
  • healthymelisa
    healthymelisa Posts: 166 Member