Food/eating question

Options
nala3177
nala3177 Posts: 64 Member
Does anyone else have a hard time eating enough calories? I'm aiming for 1800-1900 a day and sometimes it's really hard to hit that number. I already feel like I'm constantly eating. I weigh, measure and log everything so I'm as accurate as I can get.

Replies

• acorsaut89
    acorsaut89 Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Nope.

Please don't take this the wrong way but your profile states you have 60 ish lbs to lose. You don't get to being 60lbs over weight by not being able to eat enough.

Are you still losing weight? I would wager that you're probably eating more than you think you are.

I know for me when I started running I have never been hungrier, ever! So I had to change what I was eating to get enough protein in and satisfy the hunger a bit. I have kept losing but running makes me really hungry.

I can eat 2,000 calories/day no problem. And that's net calories too.

For reference: I'm 5'10 female, approx 260 lbs, 25 years old. Run 4 - 5K 3 times/week.
  • ftrobbie
    ftrobbie Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    nala3177 wrote: »
    Does anyone else have a hard time eating enough calories? I'm aiming for 1800-1900 a day and sometimes it's really hard to hit that number. I already feel like I'm constantly eating. I weigh, measure and log everything so I'm as accurate as I can get.

When I went from losing weight to maintenance but also started a HM training program, I struggled to eat enough calories. So I started introducing puddings bagels and more calorie dense foods, granola bars/ almond butter etc. It was a mindset that I have got over and have been at maintenance weight for around 5 months.

However, what is the real issue? Are you losing weight too quickly and have not updated your measurements? Not eating enough whilst trying to lose weight is not normally the plea for help you get on here. Good luck on your journey

• MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else have a hard time eating enough calories? I'm aiming for 1800-1900 a day and sometimes it's really hard to hit that number.

I'm in HM raining and I can struggle as most sessions are in the 600 cal range at least.

Anyway, assuming you mean gross, rather than net, a post run protein shake might help. I use SIS Rego after my sessions generally.

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

Nope... I struggle to stay at net 1700 cals... I blame the peanut butter mostly!