losing weight but not inches

Options
aniqa109
aniqa109 Posts: 364 Member
Hiii
ive noticed the scale go down yet ive lost 1inch around belly. However my mums lost 3inches around belly doing similar to what im doing. Does this mean im doing something wrong? Should i focus more on inches or scales? Im seeing a difference either way ..just wanted some opinions;)

Replies

• cal0rina
    cal0rina Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Is your mum the same shape as you? But you are losing both so well done, keep on measuring both as sometimes the scales stick but you tighten up :wink:
  • aniqa109
    Options
    Yea shes the same height and roughly same shape. Im glad im losing as prior to this i found it hard to lose. I love 5:2!
  • jknight001
    jknight001 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    Each body is unique and so are the results. If you are looking to lose inches around the waist, you might want to add core building exercises like situp and pushups to tone those muscles. And give it time. The waist can be a stubborn beast.
  • karen_fitzgibbon
    karen_fitzgibbon Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    Your mum may have been bloated rather than fat around the belly. I lost a fair bit from my stomach. All of it was bloating.
  • kcd1961
    kcd1961 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    As long as the numbers are headed in the right direction. Are you tracking food and exercise on Non fast days?
  • aniqa109
    Options
    Yes i am. Im finding that i eat less on non fast days too. I listen to my body ..if im hungry i eat..otherwise even if i have calories and im.not hungry i wont eat! I met some relatives yesterday and they all commented i look slimmer especially from my face so i guess i cant see it as much.
  • lulu1066
    lulu1066 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    well it's coming off from somewhere! Sounds like you're losing from the top down. Well done!