Lesson Learned

Options
crystalsan726
crystalsan726 Posts: 795 Member
So yesterday was my first epic fail doing LC big a newbie. I tried so hard but I messed up. I didn't go crazy like I normally would do but I still tried to rein it in even though I was messing up. I ended up coming in at I think almost 200 carbs at the end of the day. After I was done with dinner a few hours later I felt miserable! So sick at my stomach and I think my sugar went crazy because I was so shaky. So I have learned that yes it can be hard especially when temptation is right in your face and your family is doing something else but if I give in I am going to feel so miserable physically and it is not worth it. I am excited to be getting back on track today.

Replies

• glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    Sometimes you need a reminder. Pick yourself up, dust off (the confectioner's sugar) and get back to it! :)
  • kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    How would you handle a similar situation next time?
  • crystalsan726
    Options
    kirkor wrote: »
    How would you handle a similar situation next time?

To definitely make my own food so I won't be tempted to eat bad stuff when the family is or modify it to where I can eat it. Like for instance pizza. Scrap the topping off and put it on a low carb tortilla so I can convince myself I am still having pizza and eat salad on the side.
  • crystalsan726
    Options
    Sometimes you need a reminder. Pick yourself up, dust off (the confectioner's sugar) and get back to it! :)

So true. :)
  • gerrielips
    gerrielips Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Do the Scarlett O'Hara, GWTW thing "Fiddle-de-dee, tomorrow is another day..." Yesterday is over...today is better, tomorrow will be even better...you can do it.
  • crystalsan726
    Options
    gerrielips wrote: »
    Do the Scarlett O'Hara, GWTW thing "Fiddle-de-dee, tomorrow is another day..." Yesterday is over...today is better, tomorrow will be even better...you can do it.
    LoL! Yes! I am feeling much better about today.
  • DAM5412
    DAM5412 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    OH girl, we all have those moments, days, weeks. The really important thing here is that you did learn from it AND you were in tune enough with our body to monitor the way you felt after ingesting the carbage and recognize it didn't feel great. you'll have better preparation and self control next time. Just don't give up on yourself.
  • crystalsan726
    Options
    DAM5412 wrote: »
    OH girl, we all have those moments, days, weeks. The really important thing here is that you did learn from it AND you were in tune enough with our body to monitor the way you felt after ingesting the carbage and recognize it didn't feel great. you'll have better preparation and self control next time. Just don't give up on yourself.

Thank you!

• Sugarbeat
    Sugarbeat Posts: 824 Member
    Options

I agree with this. We all have those moments but it gets easier. Maybe TMI but it's PMS time and I'm craving carrots dipped in Greek yogurt mixed with Hidden Valley dry mix. Two months ago I would have been nose first in the ice cream, or wishing I was.
  • crystalsan726
    Options
    Sugarbeat wrote: »

I agree with this. We all have those moments but it gets easier. Maybe TMI but it's PMS time and I'm craving carrots dipped in Greek yogurt mixed with Hidden Valley dry mix. Two months ago I would have been nose first in the ice cream, or wishing I was.

Yes that time is still a big struggle for me.
  • LunaKate
    LunaKate Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I cheated last night as well. I found a new flavor of Ben & Jerrys ice cream I had been wanting to try so I made a plan. I skipped dinner and split it with someone. It tasted amazing but was about 55g carbs. So I probably had 65g of carbs for that day, not keto but not awful.

I was wondering if anyone knew how long it took them to get back into keto after over carbing. I read once that if you go right back to keto eating you could be back in keto after just a day.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Sugarbeat wrote: »

Could you not do this with sour cream or homemade mayo instead of Greek yogurt?
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    LunaKate wrote: »
    I cheated last night as well. I found a new flavor of Ben & Jerrys ice cream I had been wanting to try so I made a plan. I skipped dinner and split it with someone. It tasted amazing but was about 55g carbs. So I probably had 65g of carbs for that day, not keto but not awful.

I was wondering if anyone knew how long it took them to get back into keto after over carbing. I read once that if you go right back to keto eating you could be back in keto after just a day.

@LunaKate There are too many factors to give just one answer. If you're decently adapted, one over day might not kick you out at all. If you aren't, depends on if you drop super low to jump you back in, and all kinds of things... If you've been at it a bit, and not just a week or two, the answer is "not long"...
  • Sajyana
    Sajyana Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Every day is a new start.

15gtfidi1ckj.png