For The Men - You all are too quiet on here

Options
JRIV60
JRIV60 Posts: 732 Member
Alright gents, I never see you men participate in any of these challenges or in many of the other posts so I ask, what sort of posts/topics would like to see? What is it that you are tracking? What type of challenges are you doing? I would love to see some more bro interaction in this group so any input would be greatly appreciated.

And hey, maybe you may mention something that us ladies may find interesting and want to join in on. :wink:

Jo

Replies

• bedazz562
    bedazz562 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Yes, I will take ownership. I am way too quiet on here. Unfortunately, I do most of my logging with my phone now and there is no setting to read group messages, I can only read friend feeds. Since I am a teacher, I do not really have time during the day to log on nor at home because I am then in charge of two little girls who run me ragged until they fall asleep which is what I do the minute they are. =)

As for what I would like to see on the group forum, honestly I do not know. I would like to post regularly, but my schedule will not allow it for now. Since my summer break is coming up, I might have more time to check the group posts and will try to, but again I run on the schedule of a toddler and pre-schooler which I am at the beckon call.
  • highmaintnance
    highmaintnance Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Yes, I will take ownership. I am way too quiet on here. Unfortunately, I do most of my logging with my phone now and there is no setting to read group messages, I can only read friend feeds. Since I am a teacher, I do not really have time during the day to log on nor at home because I am then in charge of two little girls who run me ragged until they fall asleep which is what I do the minute they are. =)

As for what I would like to see on the group forum, honestly I do not know. I would like to post regularly, but my schedule will not allow it for now. Since my summer break is coming up, I might have more time to check the group posts and will try to, but again I run on the schedule of a toddler and pre-schooler which I am at the beckon call.

That's one way to get a bunch of females' empathy. :wink:
  • smdelzer
    smdelzer Posts: 167 Member
    Options

That's one way to get a bunch of females' empathy. :wink:

Perhaps :wink: , but I am in the same boat (teacher with two pre-schoolers at home), which is why I barely get on here too. It's Sunday night, kids are in bed, and no school tomorrow, so it feels so good to have some quiet time to get on MFP - woo Hoo!

Happy Summer vacay!
  • impudentputz
    impudentputz Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I just joined the group yesterday, but I'll try to put my 2¢ in when I can.
  • bedazz562
    bedazz562 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    ok, just found out there is going to be a massive update for android users (me) and rumor has it there will be some message board compatibility. So if so that means I will be able to check this site more often. I am trying to make it a goal to be more active on this part of the MFP realm to be supportive to my fellow 30-somethings as well as others.

Jo - as for my 2 cents, I think the challenges are a great idea and I am ready to get that going....I am not sure if Nike+ syncs with MFP ATM, but I will check. My friend just turned me on to that and if we add each other (the app if for both iOS and Android), we can challenge each other and it tracks you and your friends' miles and gives leaderboard stats (which I find super amusing). Other than that, I am kinda all out of ideas FTM, as I have one week left of teaching and then summer time starts!!! Hope this helps.
  • BeastnIron
    BeastnIron Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    In for whatever challenge No mouse here lol
  • ChangeYourPace
    ChangeYourPace Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Just got back on the site after a long hiatus!
  • Khelben75
    Options
    Just joined the group, but I'm going to try to be involved. No wife or kids so I have more time. Still have to make it a priority and not get distracted though. Great to see so many people working hard!
  • JRIV60
    Options
    You men need to post man stuff on here. Do you all have like man chats about stuff???

I am just nosey and want to be able to read those threads. I am a gamer does that help? lol :laugh:

Jo
  • NoWeighJose74
    NoWeighJose74 Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Gamer? What? *ears perk up*

PC or console?

Shooters or MMO?

:drinker:
  • JRIV60
    Options
    I used to play KOC (Kingdoms of Camelot) on PC for many years. Recently started Kingdoms of Middle Earth (same thing as KOC) on my Droid. I am currently in a war as we speak. :D

Jo
  • 5stringjeff
    5stringjeff Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Guy sighting!

I'm actually back on MFP. I dropped down to my goal weight of 180 last spring. Unfortunately, life has thrown some bad stuff my way (read: marriage going downhill and ending in divorce) and I'm back up in the 190's. So I'm back to try and get down to my goal weight and back into the gym.

Since I'm resurrecting a thread from last year... any other guys hanging around this group nowadays?
  • j75j75
    j75j75 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I just got back on MFP too after a little hiatus, injured my ribs :/. Any who, what manly stuff shall we talk about? Beer, sports, beards, cars, women, all of the above??
  • AseRock2
    AseRock2 Posts: 19
    Options
    I really have no excuse, but i'll def try to be more active.
  • 5stringjeff
    Options
    Beer! Although I've cut my beer drinking down since I can't fit too many in my calorie count, I do enjoy a good Sam Adams every now and then.
  • kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    I'm a rum man myself
  • 5stringjeff
    Options
    Never got into rum... whiskey is my hard liquor of choice.
  • RunWinterGarden
    RunWinterGarden Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I've been busier during the day than I used to so I haven't been on the boards too much. It's a good and a bad thing. But I'm always up for some interesting discussions and some good physical challenges could be fun.
  • Warren_Abrey
    Warren_Abrey Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Never got into rum... whiskey is my hard liquor of choice.

Have to agree here, rum is a great summer drink, but whiskey is my year long go-to drink.
  • 5stringjeff
    Options
    So... football season is upon us, gentlemen (and all the lady lurkers around this thread :) ). Who's your team?

My NFL team is the Houston Texans. My college teams are Army (alum), Syracuse (alum), and Auburn (because I live in SEC territory).