The fight

Options
nikie_grey
nikie_grey Posts: 12 Member
I Have been fighting depression for the better part of a year. It has left me issolated, frightened, and 100lbs higher then my already greatly over weight self. I went to the gym a month ago with my roommates help and weighed myself, this made it even more difficult to leave the house. I have been watching what I eat for a week and working out at home. Today I got up, got my bag packed and got to the gym. It was hard getting my son to stay at the daycare offered at the gym but he did settle in. When I got to the pool the lap lanes were full and the little voice in my head said "well you gave it a shot, let's go nome. No one can fault you for not swimming". I had made a promise to my self though, that today was the day I was going to stop being afraid and I was going to do 20 min of movement in the water. So I couldn't count my laps, so what? I got into the pool and I swam, jumped, walked and moved for 20 min In The POOL! And it felt great! Yeah I look the same and it is going to take time to take off the weight I spent and year packing on, not to mention the weight I had to lose before I started, but I fought against my depression and anxiety and did what I set out to do for today. That is what this is going to take, a lot of victories one day at a time. I am ready.