Thyroid medication and antibodics.

Options
tabbyblack13
tabbyblack13 Posts: 299 Member
I just received some antibodics for a sinus infection and I was wondering how far apart from my thyroid medication should I take it. I've been waiting 4 hours but sometimes I get distracted at work and will forget to take the antibodics until way later.

Replies

• editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    I can only give advice about Synthroid & Cytomel. They need to be taken with a large glass of water 2 hours after eating or drinking anything but water, and 4 hours after taking any vitamins, minerals, or fiber supplements. Wait an hour before eating or drinking anything but water.

I took antibiotics earlier this year, and the pharmacist didn't mention any possible interactions with my thyroid meds. I took the first dose with breakfast, the second after lunch, and the third in the evening.
  • lindsey1979
    lindsey1979 Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    I'm currently taking some antibiotics for an infection -- 4x/day -- and the pharmacist told me to wait at least an hour after taking after my thyroid. So I take my thyroid first thing in the morning, wait an hour, then start with the antibiotics. I take one of the natural versions -- Nature-throid -- if that makes a difference.