Losing Steps

Options
692ecs
692ecs Posts: 33 Member
I've noticed this now at least 4 times but my counter on my Vivofit seems to be resetting itself on occasion in the middle of the day. My counter can be at 4000 odd and then the next time I look at it its gone to 76. Weirdly though if I sync at that moment it gives me the two combined so it must know I did more steps but then by the end of the day when I synch it only reflects what the vivofit says at that point not the steps before it reset itself.

I was wondering whether anyone else has had this problem? I was wondering whether I may need a new battery or something I've had it for 8 months.

Replies

• zichab
    zichab Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    Make sure you are looking at the right number. There are two on the Vivofit and I was super confused by them at first. One is your number of steps, which goes up all day, assuming you are walking :wink: , but the other one is your goal and that decreases as you walk throughout the day. If you are not careful and just click through them quickly, you might be looking at the wrong one. If you are sure you are looking at the right number, then you might need a new battery. It is supposed to last for a year, but I assume that is an "average." I have only had mine for 3 months, so I am not sure how long the battery lasts under "normal" use. Hope this helps.
  • MrRex_91
    MrRex_91 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    If changing the battery doesn't work I would suggest contacting Garmin themselves and seeing if they have any suggestions or have heard of this happening in the past?
  • 692ecs
    692ecs Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, it has not happened again in the last week but if it does the batteries will definitely be changed.