Week 6 Day 3 25min run

Options
KatsCradle
KatsCradle Posts: 9 Member
Well so far so good but I must admit the thought of the whole 25mins without stopping is a mind challenge.

Due to lack of confidence which is the only thing I can put it down to I have got this far doing this on my treadmill at home only. The thought of going out running & not being able to keep going & making a fool of myself I find quite daunting. So my plan is to gain stamina & confidence doing C25 on the treadmill then going out once my confidence builds.

I don't know anyone I can go out & do this with therefore think this is the best way.

I have found it an amazing programme & am very grateful for its creation. So if your in the same position or just starting out & are out there doing it. I've love to hear from you. What you found good & difficult :)

Replies

• PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    You can do this; you're ready. Don't let your mind play mind games with you. Your body is ready.

I trained on the treadmill, too. It's a great learning tool. Beware though, moving to outdoors is a different animal. You may find that you'll need to train the muscles that propel you forward so it will seem (to you) that you're going backwards. For example, I had completed C25K before going outdoors, so I could run 30 minutes without walking and had done so for weeks before going outdoors. My first outdoor run, I only ran about 10 minutes before having to walk....and that was pushing the limit. For some people this is normal and it takes a couple of weeks to train those propelling muscles. Just make a note that this might happen (it doesn't happen to everyone) and don't be disappointed if it does.

Let us know how you do on your 25-minute run. You'll do great!
  • loratliff
    loratliff Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Don't be afraid to head outside! How would you make a fool out of yourself? No one else knows or cares if you should/shouldn't be walking. :smile: