Experiences with the weight gain...

I hired a reverse diet coach who does flexible dieting and counting macros. He increased my cals from 1200 to 1900. I'm 5'7 149 pounds and lift weights 6 days a week, cardio 3 days a week. He tells me to trust the process and I am. It been a week and I definitely feel fluffier. On average how much weight did you guys gain before leveling off. I'm willing to gain 5-10 lbs if need be but will really struggle with more than that. Any experience shared would be awesome!

Replies

• Jennbecca33
    Jennbecca33 Posts: 321 Member
    Normally we suggest increasing calories slowing to help minimize the initial gains that many people experience when increasing calories. It sounds like maybe you jumped right up to 1900. That's ok too, but it might cause you to gain a bit more initially or at least feel "fluffier". It will level out and you'll start to feel more comfortable - just stick with it. Everyone's experience is so different, it's hard to tell you how much you can expect to gain. Some people gain, and others don't gain anything. Just really depends on how your body reacts.
  • MandaLeigh123
    MandaLeigh123 Posts: 351 Member
    edited March 2015
    So I am super new and I made the jumps super fast. I was on average eating 1200-1500/day (sometimes lower for the last 6 months). I am trying to do a metabolism reset so....
    Week 1: 1700ish (right before finding EM2WL group)
    Week 2: 1900ish
    Week 3: 2400ish
    Week 4: 2700ish
    Height 5'7" Start weight 145, weight dip 143, current weight 146
    I think this had all been water weight fluctuation so I am counting it has zero gained.