I'm not sure who posted this link ...

Options
kuranda10
kuranda10 Posts: 593 Member
http://www.flexibleketogenic.com/ to the Keto calculator, but it is great.

If nothing else, it validates my test strips. TMI - When the number on the site is higher, my strips are darker.

This makes it much easier to plan meals now that I can see I'm getting enough to stay in Ketosis!

Replies

• GrannyMayOz
    GrannyMayOz Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    I love this site too. It's wonderful to see at a glance how you're tracking!
  • totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    it is a really helpful site - sometimes i can do the sums in my head though!
  • happylifex10
    happylifex10 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I love this site and found it through @tq33702‌. I found that I was not getting enough fats per day and now put every meal in this before I eat it to ensure that I am around a 2 and the weight loss has improved greatly. Thanks @tq33702‌ for posting it on your daily diary analysis
  • gerrielips
    gerrielips Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Has anyone ordered Theobold's book "THE FLEXI DIET - COMPLETE GUIDELINES E-BOOK" Thoughts about it?
  • yturie47
    yturie47 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    kuranda10 wrote: »
    http://www.flexibleketogenic.com/ to the Keto calculator, but it is great.

If nothing else, it validates my test strips. TMI - When the number on the site is higher, my strips are darker.

This makes it much easier to plan meals now that I can see I'm getting enough to stay in Ketosis!

I looked at this site and it was interesting but not sure I understand it. I'm not the nerdy smart data type brainy person. :'(

Is this basically the same ratio used by Sten Skaldeman? And how does it relate to ketosis testing with the urine sticks. OK, I probably seem really dumb but I was tired when I looked at it. Is this legit or a come on to sell stuff. BTW I haven't actually read Sten's book yet, just the sample on Amazon. Also I have not attempted to get into ketosis yet but am working up to it.
  • kuranda10
    Options
    yturie47 wrote: »
    I looked at this site and it was interesting but not sure I understand it. I'm not the nerdy smart data type brainy person. :'(

Is this basically the same ratio used by Sten Skaldeman? And how does it relate to ketosis testing with the urine sticks. OK, I probably seem really dumb but I was tired when I looked at it. Is this legit or a come on to sell stuff. BTW I haven't actually read Sten's book yet, just the sample on Amazon. Also I have not attempted to get into ketosis yet but am working up to it.

I don't know who Sten Skaldeman is?
    It's a formula that was worked out in 1921 by Dr Woodyatt. But since I don't feel like doing that much math everyday, this page has it all nice and pretty, just enter your macros and "walla", an answer. If you scoll down the page it tells you how the formula works and why and what the formula is.

To be fair, it does look like the site is trying to sell you a WOE book, but I just ignore that and use the formula. You don't need their diet plan for the formula to work.

As for the test strips, they are frequently inaccurate. They tell you how much ketosis you're in by the colour of the strip. The formula gives different ranges of ketosis too (mildly, mostly and very). I have found that the higher the number in the formula, the brighter the colour is on the stick.

Hope that helps.

• yturie47
    Options
    kuranda10 wrote: »
    yturie47 wrote: »

I don't know who Sten Skaldeman is?
    It's a formula that was worked out in 1921 by Dr Woodyatt. But since I don't feel like doing that much math everyday, this page has it all nice and pretty, just enter your macros and "walla", an answer. If you scoll down the page it tells you how the formula works and why and what the formula is.

To be fair, it does look like the site is trying to sell you a WOE book, but I just ignore that and use the formula. You don't need their diet plan for the formula to work.

As for the test strips, they are frequently inaccurate. They tell you how much ketosis you're in by the colour of the strip. The formula gives different ranges of ketosis too (mildly, mostly and very). I have found that the higher the number in the formula, the brighter the colour is on the stick.

Hope that helps.

Kuranda, Thanks for your answer.

Sten Sture Skaldeman is "Swedish" maybe? His book - Lose Weight by Eating was recently translated into English. This LCHF is all rather new to me and it seems there is a lot of information floating around the internet. Sten claims to be simplistic and down homey in his method of finding the weight loss nirvana. :) The ratio as far as I understand, is the fat grams eaten should be equal to or more than the sum of the carb and protein grams eaten in a given meal. The more fat, the better.

I was trying to compare the two ideas (flexi diet and his version). I will look at the link site you have again, and see if it will be helpful to me. It probably will be once, I can get my carbs down low enough without binging on fat! :p Fat unfortunately is my new friend and I think I am eating too much of it (even though that is suppose to be impossible.)
  • kuranda10
    Options
    Everyone has different macros, and there are a bunch of calculators on line, but to give you an idea
    I'm 48
    female
    5'6" and FitBit says I'm "Lightly active"

I'm currently at 10% carbs, 20% protein and 70% fat. I started losing weight again once I dropped my carbs to 30 ish (if I go to 35 I don't beat myself up, I just lose weight slower)

I make sure I have enough protein to not lose my current muscle mass (Protein g = body weight x .5-1.0 based on activity) , keep the carbs ar 30g and fill in the rest with fat.

• yturie47
    Options
    I am 67, female and 5'1". I dieted last year counting calories and forcing myself to be more active than I felt like. Right now with the colder weather I am rather sedentary, but will soon be much more active outside. I am about 15- 20 lbs to goal weight. Plan: I think if I can get into the ketosis mojo and lose it fast, than I can slowly add carbs till I balance out into maintenance. Maybe I need to pay more attention to protien, I try to eat some at each meal.

I have not had much success lowering my daily carbs below 60-70 gm, certainly not consistently. Nothing is happening to show progress and I may be gaining a little back. I am not big on weighing frequently but some of my jeans feel tighter. :( I was hoping that I would not have to count calories but now I am not sure if that will be possible for me.